Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a mod with his head up his ass

Options
  • 28-10-2010 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

listen im not the only one giving out about a particular mod in the limerick city furum. this guy is just plain ridiculous.

i posted a thread earlier today and posted it on 22 different forums. this thread is a national topic and not a region specific thread. therefore i had to post it widespread.

yet only one region mod has closed my thread. this one mod claims the thread was deleted in other areas.................:rolleyes: (see title). need i say that this thread is active in all original places as of time of this message.

while so-mod claims this is spam........ if they would actually read the thread they would see this is not spam and is more an announcement. i am not selling anything i am not swaying anyones mind set. i am merely making people aware of an up coming event.

in alot of threads people where suprised and didnt know about this event so it is serving its purpose.

this is not the first time this mod has prematurely closed threads. this wanna-be journo has a record of being a nousance to other posters in the limerick forum. i will not mention his name on here as it wouldnt be right. but im sure you have had other complaints from said individual. if you need me to be more specific i can pm.

but this is a complaint against poor modding

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The title of this thread is absolutely disgusting. Considering you spammed this thread 23 times on 23 fora, this is something that would get you a permanent siteban if you had just registered. And you have such derogatory language too, I'm absolutely disgusted.

I'm sitebanning you for one week, you may discuss this ban on the prison forum. The only reason you are not permanently banned from here is because you have been here for a wee while and seem to play relatively nicely. Although, having registered in February and picked up a ban and infractions already, I would like you to take this as a sitewide warning. When your siteban is lifted I would like there to be no more warnings or bans.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just to clarify, I was the mod who locked Icky Thumps thread in the Limerick City forum. I was trying to deal with his dissatisfaction amicably via PM. I had also directed this poster back to the site-wide rules and guidelines to clarify my reasoning.

I have no recollection of ever being labelled a "wanna-be journo" or a "nousance" (whatever one of those is...) on the Limerick City forum. However, as Icky Thump has since been site-banned, there's little more to say here apart from "Woohoo, I finally got my first Help Desk thread!"...

Advertisement