Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is the landline

Options
  • 28-10-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

Hi, i just moved into a house and there is an eircom phone in there.How do i find out what number was the landline?
    i cant dial anyone but there is a dial tone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

The number probably moved with the last occupant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

most likely it doesnt have a number at present and it is probably ported to previous occupants new residence as mentioned.. if you sign up with eircom or another provider they will assign you a number!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

There is a number IIRC that when you dial it, you hang up then it rings back with the number of the line you called from read out by a computer, you can just ring 1901 and hit all the options to speak to a human and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Sounds like the line has been ceased but is still plugged into a switch at the exchange end, so it won't have a phone number assigned to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Tech Guy Sligo

dial 199000 the exchange wil tell you your number.
    Here a link to this topic discussed in a different thread

Link

D

• Advertisement
Advertisement