Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The last episode, hopefully..

Options
  • 28-10-2010 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

We cannot get online much or for long..

So an uodate briefly, re "the old man hits dog" saga..

The landlord arrived a week after that event; very upset. He had had two neighbours ( maybe two nephews? His accent is very broad) at his door late the evening before.

The old man had told them that he had fallen off the top of the gate and that I had set the dogs on him; one had bitten his ankle and he had had to go to the dr for an anti-tetanus injection......

My heart!

Then re realised that had the dr really heard that, the Gardai would have been here.... And that that was a week before.. and anyways, he was wearing wellies, trousers and maybe even socks...

I assured landlord it was all lies as all the old man says is now. It had shamed him of course. he suggested a new series of gates even as the old man was now demanding in all the time and to have a key etc. we said no and that we had taken legal advice and that there no longer is a right of way.

All is quiet. then last Sunday we went out very early to a car boot sale and when I started to unlock the gate.. a shocking experience.. the gate had been wired to the electric fence.. there had been someone in the field the night before so we thought it was kids at the full moon.. switched off the power ( it is connected to our supply) got out etc... Now the landlord's gate that abuts ours ( cattle field) is wired to the fence; apparently the old man wrecked the electric fence so they have reinforced it. So if he tries to get in here via the field?

So the landlord is seemingly atop of the situation; wish he had told us though..

All is quiet thankfully; no idea what has been said etc but that is their affair. Old man is presumably still in his hovel and is staying away. Please God that this lasts now. Letting them handle their own while insisting that we are left alone seems to work best.

When we came in that evening, the dogs were not where we had left them and we realsied that someone had been in; we think the landlord who denied it as only he has the key; he is new to this and thought he could enter whenever he wanted even if we were out.. He knows differently now and we shall change the lock when we can afford it.

Collie is getting old and a little frailer. She has arthritis and sleeps blissfully on the settee now.. So we are settling in for the winter; we have space for the dogs to play ball and run even in the gardens here.

Not looked back at the old thread; too little time online..

Advertisement