Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos UK v IRE (rip off merchants)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

bought the same white russell hobbs kettle in argos about a year ago for €17.99

you always have to look for this note on argos products
    Additional Information

* Please note that this item has been charged at intervening prices since first offered for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

OP

the first link is from Argos Outlet UK

but according to my link the kettle in question is

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4233495/Trail/searchtext%3ERUSSEL+HOBBS.htm

29.99 pounds!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Haggis The Dog

How can you compare an Argos clearance outlet on EBAY and the normal sales channel?

The two are totally different and it is unfair to compare the two, this €v£ debate is getting ridiculous, making up comparisons just to try and prove a point, we are a different country with different economics, scale and currency,yet people expect to pay the equivalent price as the UK...its crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

The two are totally different and it is unfair to compare the two, this €v£ debate is getting ridiculous, making up comparisons just to try and prove a point, we are a different country with different economics, scale and currency,yet people expect to pay the equivalent price as the UK...its crazy.

A 700ml bottle of Smirnoff Vodka is £14.97 in asda.

I went into my local pub and to buy the same amount of vodka (19 measures) and he wanted €66.50:eek:

I would have saved over €48 if I bought in in asda!:D:D:D:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Argos isn't actually a rip-off for UK-Ireland pricing and in fact I've sometimes found some things to be cheaper in Argos Ireland compared to Argos UK :(

Mothercare on the other hand is terrible. Friends of ours in Ireland and friends from the UK bought us the same present for our baby from Mothercare (vests) and they were £11.50 in the UK and €21 in Ireland. Now that's a rip-off!

I've just realised that the Euro price on the dual-pricing labels on Mothercare items may not be the actual price charged. Items should actually have a separate Euro pricing sticker that takes the currently used exchange rate into account. So watch out for dual-pricing stickers folks, may not reflect the actual in-store price! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

You have to remember as well that theres direct Euro to Euro differences as well.

i.e. A H&M/Next/Primark(Penneys)/Aldi/Lidl item may cost more or less in Ireland than in France/Italy/Germany etc.

Was back in Ireland last week and there were good bargains to be had. Even pubs are cheaper now, 500ml of beer in Holland would set you back 4.00-4.50. A 568ml glass in a bar in Cork in some places was as cheap as 3.80

Advertisement