Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse and Hound Delgany

Options
  • 28-10-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Any idea who owns Horse & Hound. Its for sale again through receiver (Independent Oct 27th). Seems that no one can keep it going or else nobody wants to buy it.
    Is often mentioned in Phoenix magazine.
    Seems there's a problem with Revenue/CAB???
    Any views.
    Are we going to see another Public House bite the dust just like Delgany Inn, Script (Greystones Inn), La Touche Hotel, :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Not sure about that, drive by around 10pm every night and there is always a few lads outside having a smoke, so it is getting some trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

It has always done trade. It used to be a right good spot but the 'sports Bar' dragged the place down and plenty where put off going into the lounge .

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Huntthe wrote: »
    It has always done trade. It used to be a right good spot but the 'sports Bar' dragged the place down and plenty where put off going into the lounge .

Did it? I used to go there years and years ago and loved the Sports Bar. Never recal much of a bad element who frequented the bar

Used to go there years ago myself !

Stick your head in the door next time your passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Huntthe wrote: »

100% agree, I moved out once the pool table moved in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

Story going that H & H has been sold. Anyone able to confirm and who are the new owners?? Rumours that there is a Byrne connection. Hope not.

Whats the negativity with the Byrnes? They have the most stable and long running pubs in the vicinity... you would rather it remained empty?

Whats the negativity with the Byrnes? They have the most stable and long running pubs in the vicinity... you would rather it remained empty?

Besides the obvious near total monopoly ?

The way they treated their customers in the good days, Now Billy is back in the Burnaby himself and everyones broke you get treated like a customer and not the enemy.

again.. empty pub vs running business?

The monopoly is only because no one else is willing to take the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The "Byrnes" debate has been done to death in so many threads.

Can we leave it at rest please?

• Advertisement

The Monopoly which has only ended recently was because the Byrnes had all the licences. Since than more than a few have taken a risk.

I couldn't let it rest on a point of misinformation. I will now concede to the moderators request.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

Getting reports that Delgany Inn has also been sold. Wonder what will happen on this site??
    2 Pubs sold in Wicklow recently!! Must be some sort of record!!!!

Advertisement