Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old style lightbulbs = home heaters

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

Energy saving bulbs?

In more recent times I tried again and went out and bought another energy efficient bulb, this time a brand name 'phillips' costing the me my arm and leg, very difficult now to put them in ballancing on the chair with one leg:D, sorry. Anyway, thank God they are now improved. Acceptably fast to light up and doesn't change the colour of the decor.
    So thats it all is now ok.
    My only concern is, when in 55years time:D I need to change one will it be siezed in the lamp holder. I am about to start a new thread on this to get some thoughts...:pac:

Philips LED bulbs? these are truly excellent and one of very few worthwhile energy saving bulbs.

There will always be some country where the old bulbs are still made. and you should always be able to get oven bulbs and modify a lamp to accept 2 or 3 of those cause no led or CFL will work at 250 C

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

Not all energy saving lamps are CFLs. You can get halogen lamps that light up much the same as incandescent lamps (straight away) and are 30% energy saving. They also look much the same as a standard lamp but are only available now clear. A 42watt is equivalent to a 60W or a 70w equivalent to a 100w incandescent. Osram and Philips make these and should be available from any good wholesaler.

Like most other things you get what you pay for, there are many brands and quality lamps on the market but my advice is stick to Philips, Osram or GE and you should get far superior light output.

Advertisement