Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel rates in Donegal

Options
  • 28-10-2010 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Tried to book a room (B&B) for my wife and myself in a very average 3 star hotel in the arse end of Donegal. A Thursday night in November.
    Rate quoted on the phone was €130. Yes, €130. Best price. Nothing less.
    Their only defense of this outrageous price was "we count Thursday as the weekend".
    The hotel's name?? An Grianan.

Ger.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Is that for both?, €65 pp B&B?, how much do you think it should be? I had a look at the websites for a couple of hotels in Derry, if you go to a chain like ramada/travel lodge etc you can get lower prices but if you go for a private/famaily run hotel 3*/4*, its €100-€110 including "english breakfast" for Thursday 18th of November. ie. about €10 pp difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Why not head up on the wednesday and get 2 B&B + 1 dinner for €198?

The trip advisors reviews are generally excellent and rather than what you say "very average"

Also, its located very well - and certainly not in the arse end of donegal - in fact I don't think Donegal has a bad area in it.

Advertisement