Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipp FM DJ in court

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Pat65 wrote: »
    It's the best excuse I can come up with - and do you know why?

Because it's the truth!
    Maybe so. And if it's true then it shows that the News Department is a bit slack if they couldn't track down the freelancers who were reporting on the case and get the story from them. I wonder if they would have the same problem if the case didn't involve one of their own?!

I note that Cork 96fm's Neil Prendeville's recent "difficulty" was the lead story on their News bulletins all morning. Their handling of the case is to be applauded: extremely professional and excellent damage limitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

I'm not having a go personally, Pat65, but Lenny does have a point - there was copy available from at least one other reporter, who could have done a voiced report for yis. I do understand that things are tight there, as they are in all media, but something could have been sorted out, if the will was there.
    Anyhoo, I understand your CEO is more than a little obsessed with billboard campaigns, which seems to me to be at the expense of your news and sports coverage.
    I'm sure if the billboard money was diverted into hiring another body for news and sports coverage, you or I would not complain.

P.S. I'm delighted for Mr. Morrissey who, in my view as a listener from time to time, is one of the better ones at Tipp FM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

I should have said earlier that I do not know Mr Morrissey sowas/am not commenting on his Court case merely on the attitude of the stations News Dept. In effect it puts a question mark over their whole credibility as a News provider given that they choose not to/could not cover this particular story it begs the question as to how many other stories go unreported due to 'lack of resources'? One wonders how many cases involving other violent incidents do not make it into the public domain. This was a violent incident after all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭SparrowTown

I should have said earlier that I do not know Mr Morrissey sowas/am not commenting on his Court case merely on the attitude of the stations News Dept. In effect it puts a question mark over their whole credibility as a News provider given that they choose not to/could not cover this particular story it begs the question as to how many other stories go unreported due to 'lack of resources'? One wonders how many cases involving other violent incidents do not make it into the public domain. This was a violent incident after all...
    +1

why weren't we told it would be reported regardless of verdict until verdict was known?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

And for what it's worth for those who feel we do not report on court cases which are "close to home" - Deputy McGrath is an uncle of former Tipp FM journalist Aoife McGrath

I liked Aoife when she presented Tipp Today,I thought she made a good connection with the listeners,and treated them on air as equals.I hope she is not one of the staff suffering from the downturn,But my tagline from the last week would be " The Nationalist..First for the news in Tipperary "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭CandleLight

they have no problem bringing a report from the central criminal court about tipp murder today or making stories about bally cotton tragedy but did not have a reporter in court when one of their own was there LOL:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

And Tipp Today had no problem talking to a reporter from cork, to have a good laugh and plenty of puns,about the 96 Fm presenter ,and what he got up to on a flight from London.

They are still reporting about the Tipp murder which makes them a laughing stock. They claim to have all news but have no local news on sat/sun until 10 am. earlier news come from a feed and yet are said to be direct from tipp fm
    And Tipp Today had no problem talking to a reporter from cork, to have a good laugh and plenty of puns,about the 96 Fm presenter ,and what he got up to on a flight from London.
    bet they would ignore it if it was one of theirs

they had
    this today, link fixed, not about a dj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

they had this today

link not working.

love reading about those crazy DJ's....what with them wacking off at 30000 feet and attacking vans with axes. You crazy guys.

• Advertisement

LK_Dave wrote: »
    link not working.

love reading about those crazy DJ's....what with them wacking off at 30000 feet and attacking vans with axes. You crazy guys.
    now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

that link goes to a story about some pedo buggering two young fellas 20 years ago, the dirty bastard.

LK_Dave wrote: »
    that link goes to a story about some pedo buggering two young fellas 20 years ago, the dirty bastard.
    agreed perv is from clonmel but point is they had no problem reporting that or the guy who killed father with shovel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭WildOscar

gombeen FM

Advertisement