Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fallout: New Vegas Patch?

• 28-10-2010 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

I've been reading that there's a new patch coming for this game, and so far I've only saw it being released for PC and PS3....Is the Xbox 360 gettin' this patch aswell?

If so.....When?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Just a small point, installing the game to your HDD improves the game immensely. I honestly didn't think it would make that much of a difference, but the loading times have halved, not as glitchy/buggy, no delay in shooting etc.

Still the odd bit of madness happening, but nowhere near as bad.

Cracking game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

gamercfc wrote: »
    I've been reading that there's a new patch coming for this game, and so far I've only saw it being released for PC and PS3....Is the Xbox 360 gettin' this patch aswell?

If so.....When?

There was an update for it the last time i loaded it! not sure if it was the patch though cos it was only 3 or 4mb. Not sure if that's big enough to be anything major.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Title Update #1 was released for this game on or around October 25th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Just a small point, installing the game to your HDD improves the game immensely. I honestly didn't think it would make that much of a difference, but the loading times have halved, not as glitchy/buggy, no delay in shooting etc.

Still the odd bit of madness happening, but nowhere near as bad.

Cracking game though.

Have it installed and if it improves loading times,I'd hate to play it with outh installation.From my own experience the longer you play the longer the load times get. Very frustrating.
    As far a glitches go,haven't experienced much bar freezing of the game and slow shuddery movement every now and then.Finished it today and glad of it.Not a patch on fallout 3 aside from the glitches.Missions boring and actual gameplay is too repetitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Game runs pretty good for me. Nothing game breaking and it hasn't frozen once in 17hrs. Haven't installed and the loading times were fine until I reached freeside. So I'd agree that the load times get longer after time. Couldn't care less though, amazing game. As good as Fallout 3 love it to bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

I think its great although I've had quite a few problems with being in the middle of hacking a computer and then the screen goes so i cant see the computer. Really frustrating but I still think the game is great.
    As far as I can tell it is pretty much fallout3 with a different story and Ironsights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

my OH was playing her game last night. Everything was going fine until she hit Freeside. The game is installed but the loading times there were unbelievable. She spent the majority of the time looking at the loading screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

allanb49 wrote: »
    my OH was playing her game last night. Everything was going fine until she hit Freeside. The game is installed but the loading times there were unbelievable. She spent the majority of the time looking at the loading screen.

Try clearing the cache - hold LB+RB+X when loading the game

Advertisement