Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

artist wanted for tattoo party in laois

Options
  • 28-10-2010 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hi all im living in portarlington and im looking to find a good tattoo artist willing to come to my house to do a tattoo party.There will be between 6 and 10 people looking to get inked with tattoos ranging from butterflys to a cover up to big arm pieces(tribal) and script if anyone knows someone interested let me know

cheers folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Nobody but scratchers(spits) would do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 eamop

i dont understand would be a good days earnings for someone cash in hand

Proper artists have studios for a reson. Scratchers are scratchers for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

do you think you or your friends are going to get as good a tattoo at a house party as you would in a shop, really?

not all good tattoo artists own their own studios a lot of good artists out there just workin in studios (open to correction of course) and if an artist is good, location shouldn't be an issue im not talkin about a party in the sense of music and drinking just a group of people looking to get tattoed in familiar surroundings,very difficult for me and my fiance to be away from the house for a full day two small kids and an elderly family member to look after getting ink'd at home would just be easier

• Advertisement

eamop wrote: »
    not all good tattoo artists own their own studios a lot of good artists out there just workin in studios (open to correction of course) and if an artist is good, location shouldn't be an issue im not talkin about a party in the sense of music and drinking just a group of people looking to get tattoed in familiar surroundings,very difficult for me and my fiance to be away from the house for a full day two small kids and an elderly family member to look after getting ink'd at home would just be easier
    :eek:

Eh yes, location is an issue, otherwise would artists even bother with studios.

No, really. What difference does location make? Well, not having all the equipment and cleaning chemicals to hand, difficulty finding a good surface to work on, lack of wipeable beds and armrests etc. plus the artist has no control over the cleanliness of the location. Plus 10 people in one evening, including cover-ups and big tribal?

No, really. What difference does location make? Well, not having all the equipment and cleaning chemicals to hand, difficulty finding a good surface to work on, lack of wipeable beds and armrests etc. plus the artist has no control over the cleanliness of the location. Plus 10 people in one evening, including cover-ups and big tribal?
    i never said anything about an evening was expecting it to start early in the day and i have a beauticians bed which is a professional job and i would of assumed a good artist would bring their materials with them ie cleaning solutions needles etc anyway i was just throwing the idea out there if you guys dont think its a good idea thats ok point taken are you artists by the way

:eek:

Eh yes, location is an issue, otherwise would artists even bother with studios.
    location is an issue im sure for return work and having a base from which to build a reputation from but for the purpose of the actual tattoo i would of though that once the artist was comfortable the location clean and well lit and the proper equipment on site it would have been possible i just want to add that i,m not an expert by any means but i do have several tattoos so not completely naive to the tattooing process and also not trying to stand on anyones toes or cause any sort of insult

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

No good can come from this idea. I forecast sub-standard tattoos with a chance of mild infection and a rising air of regret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

i never said anything about an evening was expecting it to start early in the day and i have a beauticians bed which is a professional job and i would of assumed a good artist would bring their materials with them ie cleaning solutions needles etc anyway i was just throwing the idea out there if you guys dont think its a good idea thats ok point taken are you artists by the way

One of those that replied to you is a tattoo artist. A proper one that works from a studio.

Getting tattooed at home is a TERRIBLE idea.

ok lads point taken

a decently sized tribal takes hours, possibly over a number of sessions. Yes obviously the tattoosit would try to bring everything they need, but its easy to find yourself without the particular needle/ink/grip you would prefer to use. The artist has no way to know the location is clean and well lit anough without coming out beforehand and seeing the suggested area.

and yes, i am an artist. thats my blog in my sig

as previously stated point taken but a visit before the session would be an obvious, neccessary requirement, on both sides to get the set up right as well as knowing exactly what tattoos are to be carried out but your probably all right too many ifs and maybes thanks for your replies guys

as previously stated point taken but a visit before the session would be an obvious, neccessary requirement, on both sides to get the set up right as well as knowing exactly what tattoos are to be carried out but your probably all right too many ifs and maybes thanks for your replies guys

Basically, settling for not ideal is not the best thing for your tattoo or the artist. Why would you prefer to go to the artist's tried and tested best set up?
    Friends occasionally ask me to do this, and i decline. If we (my friends and I) are taking this tattoo seriously, proper preparation and thought is required.

Lets say that it IS me and some complete strangers. I know I need to be prepared for 6-10 tattoos. I need to speak to each person who intends to get tattooed. Twice. Once to talk about design, a second to show them the design and/or make changes. I need to make stencils. then, I have to go through all my gear in the shop, and take care to have more things than I probably need, just incase. All that has to be packed up carefully. When I get to this house full of stangers, I have to make sure there is a non porus surface to work from, over tiles or lino. I have to wash the floor, cause I cannot assume it is clean. I have to make sure house pets have no access. I have to make sure no one has drank anything, everyone has eaten. I have to (almost certainly) keep telling friends there are too many people in the room. Where will the used needles go? Where will all the contaminated cling film, tissues, ink caps, gloves, vaseline and water go?

Many of these things must be done in a shop too, but with everything set up ideally. these things are permanent

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

i got a tattoo done at a house a few years back and let me tell you worst choice of my life! i hate its not straight looks stupid, because there wasnt a proper chair or bed, his ink was watered done so the tattoo was faded, i got it fixed up the best i could but it is still wrecked and i hate it! now i wouldnt go any where but a tattoo studio!! mine was fairly small so it doesnt bother me to much but my friend got a fairly big one and it is in shambles! he has got it touched up twice! and it still looks bad! plus others that got theres done! the pain was just so bad for getting the tattoo as to my understanding now he prob didnt have a clue! anyway long story short dont risk it! tattoos are for life and having a professional do them in a studio is much better then anyone that comes to your house saying they can just cause they have the equiment!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

why not try a compromise? get an artist to call to your house, with sample books etc, discuss designs, etc, with the individuals, and then arrange to have them done in his studio.

Agree to pay the artist a consultation fee for coming to the house, maybe €20 each (to cover his time and travel), which would be deductible from the cost of the tatoo should you proceed?

Advertisement