Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im confused about internet speeds

• 28-10-2010 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I currently have the eircom 8mb
    I was downloading something and the speed on the top of the program said 672.3 kB/s Small K Capital B

So does that mean 6.72mb out of the 8mb im supposed to be getting as my top speed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I currently have the eircom 8mb
    I was downloading something and the speed on the top of the program said 672.3 kB/s Small K Capital B

So does that mean 6.72mb out of the 8mb im supposed to be getting as my top speed?
    Hey you have an 8 megabit connection which means you can at maximum download at 1megabyte/s there are 8 bits to a byte so if you multiply your 672 by 8 you get 5.375megabits/s which is the speed your downloading at.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Hey you have an 8 megabit connection which means you can at maximum download at 1megabyte/s there are 8 bits to a byte so if you multiply your 672 by 8 you get 5.375megabits/s which is the speed your downloading at.

Hope this helps

Yup, got it now. Thanks

Advertisement