Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

free colour expired film anyone ?

• 28-10-2010 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭

I'm a member of Freecycle in my area, and a guy was giving away 9 rolls of expired film, so I told him if he had no takers in the area, I would take them since I knew others who might like it.

I don't use film myself, so I thought I would maybe make 2 lots, one with 4 rolls, and one with 5 rolls, and post them off to whoever's interested.

This is all (only guessing !) cheap 35/36mm film, 200 and 400 iso, 24 and 26 exposures per roll, C41 processing (whatever that means :o).

There are 5 rolls of Tesco 400 iso, 2 rolls of Perutz Primera 200 iso, one roll of Trucolour, and one roll of Kodacolour.

The expiry dates are between 2003 and 2007.

So I thought lot 1 could have : 3 tesco, one Primera, and the Trucolour.
    ... and lot 2 : 2 tesco, one primera, and one kodacolour since I'm only guessing it's probably the best quality ? (feel free to suggest better lot arrangements)

Anyway, that's free film for you if you want it :).

I'll put names in a hat and pick 2 at random if there are a good few takers.

Come on, please take them, otherwise I'll have to take up film, and just don't have time for that right now :D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Yoink.
    Yes please!
    Can I haz some?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,399 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

You can put me in the hat please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I am currently film-less, I'd be happy to get roll or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Ok the 3 of you, you're in the hat, forgot to give a finish date, suppose I'll leave this run till Saturday morning, I can send less rolls in more lots btw, feel free to suggest at any time, but for now we'll stick to 2 lots only and names in hat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Throw my name in there too please Mountainsandh, thanks a lot

• Advertisement

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

i want in the hat :D could save me buying it for college :) thanks!!

No problem Serjical Strike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

DaraRobinson was in to me in work on Sunday looking for some, he desperately needs expired rolls for a project he's doing, I'll direct him to this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

yea, if there is some still around I would love some. throw my hat in there if there is room.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

me too please thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Moi aussi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Me, please! I need film for the UCC photography society to test some
    old film cameras that were damaged in the floods.

Ok so I've got 9 names and will draw 2 names out of a ... bowl (no hats here !) in a minute, will let you know ! :D

Ok just got my kids to pull 2 names out of a bowl and so congratulations to Ghost Train and Dara Robinson, you will be receiving a lot of 4 or 5 films each (there's one lot of 4, one of 5).

You'll have to take my word for the draw, I tried filming my 2 sticky faced and dirty handed acolytes, and that was an utter disaster :D(combined ages make 7 !).

Ghost Train and Dara, if you want to PM your respective addresses, I'll try and send it off next Monday or Tuesday.

Now if you'll excuse me, have a bedtime routine to attend too urgently. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,399 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

excellent, I never win anything :)
    Thanks Mountainsandh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Very nice of you Mountainsandh, It would be nice to see more people to do this :)

Enjoy the film both!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Awesome man, thanks.

Yea man, I also never win anything, maybe this will start a winning streak for me... off to buy a lotto ticket :D

No problem, everyone, hope you enjoy the film and take nice pics Ghost Train and Dara.

And check out your Freecycle groups, this film was simply given away on Freecycle to start with, I'm just passing it on, because there were no takers in the area.:)

Advertisement