Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE / NEWS

• 28-10-2010 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Can someone please tell the good people of the internet side of rte.ie/news...

That I hate the new layout, way way way too much information about things I couldn't give a rats about. I just want the ****ing news.

Also there is a basic thing in HTML called the ordered list.. Use it in the 'more headlines' section. The time is all over the phekng place; storys at the top which are 13:01, followed by the next story at 17:50 then 15:30 ...

SO RTE.IE/news start using <OL> </OL> and stop using the ****ing <UL> </UL> unordered list in your code. Thanks..

BTW I have migrated to breakingnews.ie cause they know how to code something..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Turn on the tv and watch it. Starts at 9. Or buy a newspaper. Either way stop moaning like a bitch...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Why don't you e-mail them and tell them yourself?
    They'd probably appreciate some user-feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭policarp

So that's news???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

flyton5 wrote: »
    Turn on the tv and watch it. Starts at 9. Or buy a newspaper. Either way stop moaning like a bitch...

What the ****ing hearld ? I ain't wait till 9 to find out what going on, if a giant ant took over the city.. Moaning like a bitch, they can't even get the basics right there the national broadcaster FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

The unordered list is to allow them to rank stories in terms of importance on the website. The time simply tells you when an individual story was last updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,060 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

<FO> springs to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

msg11 wrote: »
    What the ****ing hearld ? I ain't wait till 9 to find out what going on, if a giant ant took over the city.. Moaning like a bitch, they can't even get the basics right there the national broadcaster FFS.

This is just a thought, but I imagine that RTE doesn't have someone hanging around to update the website 24 hours a day. Nor do they have someone with super sonic hearing that picks up on a bit of news that happens in Waterford. Then there's that can of worms to be opened about whether or not something that has 'alledgedly' happened has in fact happened.
    Just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

<FO> springs to mind

Download it as a PDF file ? I just want the time sorted out..

After some searching about on there site. I found the solution ...

http://www.rte.ie/news/news_more.html

All listed by time.. Thanks good people of boards.ie !

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭shotgun mike

Also there is a basic thing in HTML called the ordered list.. Use it in the 'more headlines' section. The time is all over the phekng place; storys at the top which are 13:01, followed by the next story at 17:50 then 15:30 ...

SO RTE.IE/news start using <OL> </OL> and stop using the ****ing <UL> </UL> unordered list in your code. Thanks..

BTW I have migrated to breakingnews.ie cause they know how to code something..

The stories are ranked in terms of importance, not what time they were entered at, as has always been the way with that website... this way you don't get some small minor story ranking above one that actually means something.... btw there's a news & media section on boards if you really need to have some ill-advised rant.

plus there's a user feedback section on the site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,060 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Download it as a PDF file ? I just want the time sorted out..

After some searching about on there site. I found the solution ...

http://www.rte.ie/news/news_more.html

All listed by time.. Thanks good people of boards.ie !

No I was heading more towards <f off> :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Thanks good people of boards.ie !

No, no. Thank you!

What a great thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

What the hell are they doing with the headline?

A story is headlined full with a whole sentence and then the first paragraph of the story has the exact same headline. Did someone not sit their Junior Cert yet? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Can someone please tell the good people of the internet side of rte.ie/news...

Why can't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭celtic Liger

it's worrying sometimes to see the order of importance in their most viewed "news"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Yeah i have to agree. I don't like it either. Sorry to the person that worked on the new set up but its a step back .

If you showed the before and after layouts to someone who never seen them before they would prob say the new one was likely the old one.

Advertisement