Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Bar Poker Championship

• 28-10-2010 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads (and lassies)

The boss showed me a leaflet today from a company wanting to run a poker competition in the town, the game will be fully dealt and will have an independant tournament director

Basically all I have to do is come up with a list of people willing to play and I thought id throw it up here also to let ye all know about it

For the night to take place i need to get at least 40 players. Should be good craic and will be nice to have a pub game atmosphere but be a professionally dealt tournament!

Any boardsies interested I would be appreciative if you could let me know either on thread or via pm with real name and contact number, got 12 players so far. Deadline to get the list in is next Wednesday

Ill get back to ye with further details when i get them, just need to make sure the interest is there before going any further with it

B

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Can you forward me a bit more info on this? Want to know who's behind it to gauge just how good it could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Paddypower are behind it, i literally dont have any more details right now, hope to be getting the info package tomorrow on it and will report back with further info then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

If AdMMM's in I'm out!

I'm just curious is all. I spent the entire weekend with the PaddyPowerPoker team and nothing was said about it. I know there's a few other sites running pub tours but I just don't know who the individual would be behind it as a lot of the local and regional operators are tied up with obligations to other companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

Admmm i think it might be that Poker in the pub crowd. There trying to set up a game in The slip inn in tramore so it is probably going to be in a couple of other pubs too. Kelly is trying to promote it on his facebook

Just ot edit it could also be the Paddy power lads and you could have been too drunk to remember/passed out in the lobby when they were talking about it:D

• Advertisement

Why would i say its paddypower if its not paddypower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

I dunno ted... Its just I was there with Adam in Dublin for a while and he was working for/with all the marketing guys in Paddy Power at a big poker event who would be orgainsing such events. They didn't mention an event in Waterford. No biggy:) What pub, day and time is it on

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Butternutz1

Hi I would also be interested , just need more info like how much is it ? When's it on ? And how much it is paid out on the night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

its run by neil kelly of big slick events on in 2 pubs in tramore starting in the slip inn tis tues 25 euro buy in double chance and add on/rebuy available starts at half 8 i think

jesus christ

to my knowledge, the poker in the pub thing in tramore is completely separate from this

serves me right for not waiting to get the full info from the paddy power guy, ill get onto them again tomorrow about it

They sent out a memo to their shop staff to go out and approach their local pubs about this event. A guy i know who works in a paddypower shop came into the pub with this memo. I registered the pub and am awaiting the full info pack from paddypower

will wait until i get it to post more info on this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lads, iv removed a few posts which are effectively pimping another event unrelated to this post for a start.

Lets just keep on topic and less of the advertising other events. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

kryogen wrote: »
    jesus christ

to my knowledge, the poker in the pub thing in tramore is completely separate from this

serves me right for not waiting to get the full info from the paddy power guy, ill get onto them again tomorrow about it

They sent out a memo to their shop staff to go out and approach their local pubs about this event. A guy i know who works in a paddypower shop came into the pub with this memo. I registered the pub and am awaiting the full info pack from paddypower

will wait until i get it to post more info on this

Just to note,

I would def be on for this. Can ya put up buy in's, levels etc. When ya know? Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Im interested in this too. If you have any more info in the next few days that would be great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭twitch1984

This is probably the bar poker ireland thing. Dont know much about it their website is a bit vague but paddypower are involved so Im presuming this is it.

Link to website www.barpokerireland.com/

Edit; I would be up for playing if its going ahead

twitch1984 wrote: »
    This is probably the bar poker ireland thing. Dont know much about it their website is a bit vague but paddypower are involved so Im presuming this is it.

Link to website www.barpokerireland.com/

Edit; I would be up for playing if its going ahead
    Ah, now I remember. Was there when that was being edited. Hazy weekend to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭celticutd87

Id be up for it and so would a few others depending on price etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Deisedarren

I'll be up for it. Where will it be on

It says starting on 15th of November. Be nice to see a boardsie do well in it.

I see the deadline you mentioned has passed. Pity i'd say it would have been a good laugh but 40 people would have been a push in such a short period of time.

Seems to be an interest on the fourm in poker.

Could a boards poker night be possible?

for more information, they have a few videos posted up on their YouTube channel relating to buyins etc.

• Advertisement

The date is set as the 15th of this month, thats monday week

The buy in is 50euro in a paddypower shop only, they will give you back a 10euro free bet when you register

The venue is Revolution Basement Bar at 8.30

The winner of each tournament automatically gets put into the grand final which has an estimated prize pool of 500,000 euro

To register you must go to a paddypower shop, give them your name and tell them you will be playing in Revolution. This is the only way to register.

I am getting a call tomorrow from one of the organisers to get details regarding starting stack, blind levels etc... and will post up the relevant info when i get it

The website should have all the info up by Thursday, but as i explained to the organiser since we are running it on the Monday that it is a pretty tight window and I want to get the info out there asap. As I said, hopefully this will be tomorrow

I have 45 names already for this so numbers is not going to be a problem, I should mention there will also be side games for anybody unlucky enough to be out early

It should be a great night and Im looking forward to it!

If anybody would like me to register them I will take payment from them and do it, via paypal, bank transfer or in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Hi Bryan,

I know paddy power are involved with this and i wish the venture the best of luck . But im trying to understand the event itself and i cant get any questions answered on other poker forums. This may seem as a dig but its not as i was trying to get info to go to the game in Waterford which i might play if i understand the concept . U know me anyhow stotty ill be there if i can understand it as im lost a bit . I understand we have to pay into the event at a shop .

Im thinking of playing the game in Waterford which is a €50 entry heres what i need to know ?

1. Is there Dealers at the tables ?
    2. If no one shows up am i the winner and i qualify for the final?
    3. What is the seat worth ?
    4. Is there anything else paid out on the night ?
    5. Is there a T.D at the event and if so who?
    6. Whats the structure and starting stack ?
    7. What other games are on that will bring in €500,000 prizepool ?
    8. Where is the final on ?
    9. Does my seat include accomodation ?
    10. Entry is €50 What % goes to the final and the people running it ?
    11.How many players can Qualify on the night ?
    12. If no one shows up and i dont want to play where do i get my money back

Regards

Neill Kelly

^ I have to say I'm wondering all the same points Neil has made above. In particular is anything else paid on the night.

I will def give it a go provided there are no serious issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

ziedth wrote: »
    ^ I have to say I'm wondering all the same points Neil has made above. In particular is anything else paid on the night.

I will def give it a go provided there are no serious issues.

Im the same stottys a good guy and im sure he would get a few for a normal game weekly , Ive offered a weekly game there if this does not work anyhow. Its all a bit strange cause paddy power never launch something without it being fully finished and ready to roll and are always straeaks ahead with promotion material and branding .. And i know the guys involved in Bar poker and they are good guys but it seems all over the place with absolutely no structure ......

It just seems like ah we will have a final sometime , where?, ah somewhere , With somekind of buy in , and an estimated prizepool of €500,000 and we will qualify players to this in some pubs and u can buy a ticket to this in the shop with no explanation what my €50 gets me . Now if that seems normal for paddy power its not .

As i said ive emailed the main guys in Paddy power poker and one email i got back was whats on in waterford and why are you sending us this ?????.

Neill K

I will have definite answers tomorrow one way or the other. By this time tomorrow night everything relevant will be posted on the this thread, thanks for the patience guys. I have some questions I need answered by the actual TD before I feel comfortable saying anymore at this time

I have spoken with both organisers today and can say no more about this at this time. All i can say is that the official launch is Thursday and all the details will be online then

I have been asked not to disclose any further info about this until then.

That is strange man,

I'm surprised TBH, not your fault I know Paddy Power I'd imagine would usually promote the **** out of it with that kind of info.

They wanna do a nationwide launch all at the same time, I tried to explain it might be difficult to get the word out and players involved if they are only planning on launching on Thursday and having the 1st event on the Monday.

Very short notice for people imo so I wanted to get the word out early

Not what the organisers want though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

They're keeping their cards close to their chest...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

So have they launched today???

Advertisement