Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothing grants when pregnant - Mod note post 40

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Nozebleed wrote: »
    This is true...but its not in dire straits because women avail of clothing subsidies when they expecting on social welfare.

While I don't quite understand why you would choose to use such large capital letters there, social welfare entitlements like these, do not help - For example, if there are 10,000 pregnant women currently on sw, availing of this 300 per person, that's three million euro.

Three million euro excluding any other payments.

That's ALOT of euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Oh get over it will you you sound like a jealous child just because your not eligible for these grants,,
    Dont be pissed off with the people who are just because of your own current finances at the moment. You say i have an attitude my god read your post your the one with the attitude.

Point proven.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

That post wasnt meant for you it was meant for the other post..( how rude )

And yes you do get one or two payments for clothes if you are pregnant believe it or not..
    And yes penneys and dunnes would be all i can afford but living on social welfare and trying to pay my rent is HARD!! especially when your growing out of the clothes you have just bought a few weeks ago, and no i dont get rent allowance so i pay a good sum out of what i get to my landlord...

Sorry if im coming across as psycho here but people not on social that look there nose down on people who are just sickens me

Seems she doesnt get any rent allowance. I'm confused. Rules are here....

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/supplementary-welfare-schemes/rent_supplement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭PopUp

It's pretty ironic that when Kirsty started a thread in Work & Jobs about interviewing while pregnant, she got a ton of people jumping down her throat about "tricking" employers into hiring a pregnant woman, and was actually told "i dont think you should be looking for work at all, tbh. you have a baby to tend to ffs."

Sometimes you just can't win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I am locking this thread.

The op asked for information, she got it and it is up to the SW officer to decide if the grants were warranted. That is the bottom line. If other people are too proud to go too the SW officer that is their look out and their choice.

Pregnancy happens, contraception is not 100% and those grants and supports are put in place as the state supports mother's who get pregnant and who would be in poverty with out those supports.

kirstyor123 I hope your pregnancy goes well and you and the child are healthy at the end of it and that you can return to work as you plan to, to support you and the child.

Fittle banned for 1 week for ignoring the mod warning
    Khannie wrote: »
    Strongly agree with this.

Let me be very clear here people: The OP did not ask for, and is not interested in your social commentary. Anyone passing judgement from this point on will be banned.

This forum is for supporting those who are parents or who are becoming parents, it is not for browbeating posters who make choices which are inline with government policy which you do not agree with.

I am very disappointed with some of the posts in this forum lately, and if needs be infraction and bans will continue to be handed out until people learn what is meant by civil posting.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement