Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portrait C&C

• 28-10-2010 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hey guys, haven't posted for C&C before but would like some feedback on the two images below.

First time trying kids portraits, not sure of the B&W conversions and their true look as when viewed on other computer were a bit different.
    Anyone with calibrated screen think okay.

Any comments or criticism appreciated re sharpness etc. Also are borders a bit tacky?
    Thanks

10dtztj.jpg

s3ft54.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Not bad at all. But if you want to have both pictures next to each other, the difference in contrast in the two pictures is a bit obvious. Apart from that, I'd be happy to have such pictures of my kids. If I had kids ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Two nice shots, but the second one is really nice. The light direction and expression on the child is much better. The first is not a bad shot, but looks like you did a little pp on it to help recover it. Not a fail, but you should look to get the light right next time. Means less work in pp. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Really like the first one, the way the light sort of forms a bit of a halo around his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Termonator

Thanks guys.

Lighting was just natural light at different angles and took alot of coaxing and attention seeking to even get these two.

Know what you mean re the first one oshead, lots of shadows initially but happy he sat still long enough to get the picture even with the lighting wrong but kind of like the effect also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

I think the second one is spot on but I think the bright window intersecting the kid's head in the first one is a bit of a distraction. If you could retake it with that window to the side then it would light the face better too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Really nice images there. I prefer the second,only just tho. Both kids look so relaxed which makes the images easy on the eye IMO.

If you could sort out the backgrounds they would be even better. Two lovely portraits. Well done

Advertisement