Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant connect to wireless

Options
  • 28-10-2010 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

have a small problem, have my new laptop when trying to connect to the network it asks me for my security key, i enter in the passphrase that upc have given me but nothing, bare in mind there is about 3-4 other laptops which can all connect perfectly, im thinking i need the wep key to which i have no clue how to obtain :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

you need to access you router, go to start -> run and type cmd.

in the prompt command (black screen) type ipconfig and look for default gateway, its going something like this 192.168.x.x.

copy this number to the web browser and you are in the router check for the wireless and you should be able to see the WEP kep password.

OR

call UPC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You may need to connect to the router by a cable to find the WEP key, or use one of the other laptops by wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

On the laptops that can connect Ok...

depending if they use the XP/Vista interface or software that was installed with the wireless card, by opening the latter, sometimes you can tick a box to show the WEP key in clear text, i.e, reveal what's behind the ***********

:)

Advertisement