If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with LED TV

Options
  • 28-10-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi guys,

whilst looking through the net I came across this site.

Now I would like to get your opinion regards this first selection of TV's..

Till now I am thinking about the following ones:

1. LG 47LE5300

2. Philips 46PFL7605

3. Samsung LE46C750

4. Samsung UE46C6530

5. Samsung UEC7000

6. Sony KDL-46EX703

7. Sony KDL-46EX713

8. Sony KDL-46NX703

9. Panasonic TX-L42D25L (I am aware this one is only 42")

Any thoughts about this selection?

Ideal would be a TV with integrated Mediaplayer and Sat receiver and a ethernet connection.

Up to this moment my No.1 choice would be the Philips.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Meteor.

Edited as John and I were posting at the same time.

Dave

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Meteor67 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

whilst looking through the net I came across this site.

Now I would like to get your opinion regards this first selection of TV's..

Till now I am thinking about the following ones:

1. LG 47LE5300

2. Philips 46PFL7605

3. Samsung LE46C750

4. Samsung UE46C6530

5. Samsung UEC7000

6. Sony KDL-46EX703

7. Sony KDL-46EX713

8. Sony KDL-46NX703

9. Panasonic TX-L42D25L (I am aware this one is only 42")

Any thoughts about this selection?

Ideal would be a TV with integrated Mediaplayer and Sat receiver and a ethernet connection.

Up to this moment my No.1 choice would be the Philips.

Thanks for your help

Meteor,

Yep I would agree with you on your selection - especially if Ethernet/Media streaming is important to you - I have not seen all your selection running but I have seen the Philips (of course) and the 32" Version of the Pana and the Sammy / LG - the Sammy 750 is pretty good and the Pana is not bad.

I think the LG is excellent to be honest and it's pricing is really competitive but again the Philips really is superb and it's available on a deal at the moment including a Blu-Ray player, 5 year warranty and a really nice looking AV rack at €1699.99 retail - if you added the PTA01 USB wifi media receiver you would have a great package as the PTA01 also includes the Philips Media Connnect software that allows you to steram A N Y T H I N G from your PC to the screen wirelessly so no more worries about formats etc - it will just work! In terms of PQ - the 76 series is really excellent!

The only thing that the 76 series does not feature (neither do any of the above) is an integrated freesat receiver - you would have to grab a Humax or sagem receiver/recorder to partner any of these units.
    I have PM'd you a special Boardie price including the stand/BR/Warranty freebies and we have that TV in stock ready to go,

Thanks again for the post and please drop me a post or give us a shout if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Meteor67

Hi John,

thanks for your help. I have send you an PM regards it.

What do you think about the LG 47LE5900 compared to the 5300?

Hi John,

I have sent you an PM on Sat. If you didn't get it let me know and I will send it again.

Now I am more and more thinking of the Panasonic TX-L42D25L. It has a Sat receiver build in and is able to receive the saorview as far I know. The picture looks very nice and the design is good too. Are you able to get this one? Could you make me an offer?

I am looking for a cinema system from Panasonic too. It's the
    SC-BT230EB-K. Same questions as before: Are you able to get this one? Could you make me an offer?

What price can you make if I take both together?

Cheers

Hi John,

I have sent you an PM on Sat. If you didn't get it let me know and I will send it again.

Now I am more and more thinking of the Panasonic TX-L42D25L. It has a Sat receiver build in and is able to receive the saorview as far I know. The picture looks very nice and the design is good too. Are you able to get this one? Could you make me an offer?

I am looking for a cinema system from Panasonic too. It's the
    SC-BT230EB-K. Same questions as before: Are you able to get this one? Could you make me an offer?

What price can you make if I take both together?

Cheers

Meteor,

Thanks for your post the TX-L42D25L is not a model that we stock - it is a specific model for Ireland and I'm pretty sure that it does not include a Satellite receiver (but it is MPEG4 ready) Unfortunately we only stock & retail Panasonic's from Panasonic Uk at the moment.

Apologies and keep me posted if I can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks John,

but I didn't decide yet therefore I am still interested about the Philips too. So I still would like to get an answer on my PM from Sat.

Thanks

Hi John,

I found the spec on the Panasonic web site:

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/VIERA+Flat+Screen+TV/VIERA+Flat+Screen+TV+%28Ireland%29/TX-L42D25L/Specification/4723193/index.html?trackInfo=true

DVB-S/S2 is listed there as an integrated tuner, which, as far I understand it, is meaning that a freesat tuner is build in. Please correct me if I am wrong. This is easy possible as I am absolutely no expert on this field.

But I am still not sure of the size. If I can get a good deal with the Philips 46PFL7605 I might go for it. But unfortunately I have no use for the stand and the player. I need a telly plus a cinema system with integrated BlueRay player. Are you able to open the offered package and make me good price?

M,

apologies as I said earlier it's not a model that we stock so I am not familiar with it - but yep I have done a bit of homework on it and it does have a sat tuner built in!

I'll get one of the guys to PM you a price on the 46.7605 this morning on it's own!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

I didn't get a message yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Meteor67

If your near to The Philips Shop call on in and we can demo the TV for you - we have the 46PFL7605H set up and looking great.

I'll let John thrash a price out with you for it!

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your response.

I am outside of Dublin. So it would make sence to go to the shop only if I know where I am staying with the price.
    I have seen the 40" one so in general I know how the TV is looking.

Hi Guys,

I have now an offer for the Philips 46PFL7605H for EUR 1,579 (local retailer). I can give you details in an PM. Are you able to give me a better price?
    If the price is right I need as mentioned before a cinema system too. Perhaps you can offer a deal.

Cheers

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Meteor67,

That TV is retailing at €1699.99 in our store so with your Philips Shop Boards 10% Discount that comes to €1529.99. This is with the 5 year warranty if bought before christmas.

Check it out here - http://www.philipsshop.ie/sevenseries.htm

Delivery is €25.00 in Dublin or €29.99 Countrywide.

Let me know how this sounds, Thanks,

Nicola.

Thanks Ash,

I got a PM from John.

I thought he forgot me.

Hi Guys,

I got the 46PFL7605 yesterday from your shop in Dublin and I want to say thanks for the great help and advice.
    The TV fits pefectly in the livingroom with it's design, has just the right size and the picture quality is so far fantastic.

Special thanks to John and Ian

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Meteor67,

Thanks a mil! Always great to get feedback. I've passed along your thanks to Ian and if you have any questions feel free to buzz us on (01) 474 0788 or pop up a post.

Enjoy and thanks again!

Nicola. (and Ian) :D

Hi Guys,

As The TV is running I had some time to try the the Net-TV function. Unfortunately it is not working. I guess I am doing something wrong, so perhaps you are able to help me.

I have made the software update, but it is still not working.

When selecting the Net-TV function I should get at some stage a request to input my email address. But all what I am getting after a while is the following message:

"Philips server not found. Try again later"

The Ethernet connection is working as I have connection to the notebook, but I am not sure if the connection to the web is working.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

As The TV is running I had some time to try the the Net-TV function. Unfortunately it is not working. I guess I am doing something wrong, so perhaps you are able to help me.

I have made the software update, but it is still not working.

When selecting the Net-TV function I should get at some stage a request to input my email address. But all what I am getting after a while is the following message:

"Philips server not found. Try again later"

The Ethernet connection is working as I have connection to the notebook, but I am not sure if the connection to the web is working.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Met,

thanks for all the kind comments and apologies I'm only getting back to you now - I'll get Dave or Ash to shout you re. the NET.TV issue and we will do our very best to get you sorted - we have not really had any issues like this to date so hopefully it's something simple.

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Meteor67

OK, firstly sorry to hear you are having problems setting this up.
    I've just set up a fresh 7605H and PTA01 by doing the following.

Plug in the wifi dongle

HOME button on remote and select SETUP
    Select CONNECT TO NETWORK from the options on screen
    Select WIRELESS from the two options
    Select SCAN - its the quickest option here!
    Use the cursor and select your router address from the list that appears and hit OK (can be a long orshort listdepending how many routers your TV can see)
    Select ENTER KEY and enter your WEP key for your router then select DONE
    Select NEXT
    Select Close when done

And guess what, I got the exact same message!!

I physically powered off the TV using the power switch on the TV and when I powered back up and selected NET TV it asked if I'd like to update the firmware, said yes I do and off it went doing its thing for a few minutes.

Interestingly when I pop the PTA01 into TV's I've set up last week they access the internet straight away.

All the TV's I've set up today let me set up but I can sign into NET TV.

This leads me to believe that there is an issue with the registering new users.

I've spoken to, well reached answer machines, of a couple of my reps to question this both in meetings.

I'll send an email to them and seak an answer on this question for you.

Sorry I have nothing more concrete!

atb
    Ash

Hi Once again Meteor67

A little more info after I phoned you - i tried Philips via their LIVE CHAT Facility (Folks do check this out if you have a tech problem - www.p4c.philips.com and click on CONTACT US. You'll see the products grouped into differnet catagories - just select the catagory you need and click LIVE CHAT)

It seems that Philips are experiencing intermitent issues with signing up new customers and suggest you try the sevice again later.

Here is my little chat --

Welcome to Philips Chat, you're chatting with Paul. How may I help you?
    Paul: Welcome to UK chat
    Visitor: Hi I have a 46PFL7605H and i've gone through the set up procedure for the Net TV.
    When I try and connect itsays "Philips Server Not found please try again later?

Paul: Unfortunately there have been intermitent problems with our servertoday.
    Paul: I would like to suggest that y please try again later.
    Paul: I do apologise about the issues you have been having.
    Visitor: ok thanks for your help
    Ash

Paul: Your most welcome.

We'll try this end later as well and see if we can sign up a new TV to the service.

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi Ash,

thanks for your efforts.

So we might need to wait some days.

By the way I tried it Sat evening, Sunday morning and then today morning after the software update. So if the guys from Philips say they had the problem only today then I am not sure I have the same problem. But as I said, let's see and wait.

Now a different question. Just for interest, how do I know if the programs I receive via aerial like RTE 1 are analog or digital? I would like to know if I am already receiving Saorview or not.

Thanks again

:)

Happy Day's.

Net-TV is working. I didn't have the time to try it out, but I registered and had a short look.
    And on the first look it seems to be great. There is not much irish content, but selecting a different country is easy and then a lot mort is coming up.

And it's possible to connect normal to the www. Not sure how useful this is, but again on the first look I like it.

Thanks again for your support.

Hi Meteor67

I had just tried the TV I set up on monday before I spoke to you and it can access the web now - but see that you have discovered that you can now register:D

Enjoy your TV
    atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.