Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else having vodafone problems in Cork?

• 28-10-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

I dont know if its my Computers, my modems or the network but something is making it very slow.

I went on to speed test and i get my regular speed popping up however everytime i load a webpage it takes ages to load. But once its loads all the images and stuff pop up straight away as if the regular speed has all of a sudden bounced back. But then if i need to load another page, it loads for ages and then everything loads at once.

Anyone else having problems like this on Vodafone in Douglas, Cork

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Having exactly the same problem in Ballinlough...

Hopefully they're upgrading the lines :P

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Westie123

same with Ballincollig exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Westie123

Wonder if there is any update on this? Still no internet at lunchtime but didn't have the time to call Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭logonmar

Same in Frankfield at 16:53. Going to phone them!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭logonmar

Was onto Vodafone & explained the problem as it is affecting me.

If I go to any site it can take up to a minute for the site to load however once it loads I can navigate instantly within the site to links within same location.

For instance it took over 30 seconds to get into http://trailers.apple.com/
    I was using Google Chrome so initially bar at foot of page said 'sending request' then page goes blank until the desired page comes up.
    Once there I can navigate easily from links within that site.

Same has been true for other sites such as Paypal Ticketmaster etc.

Vodafone support initially stonewalled me on basis that connection looks OK from their end. Fact is that my speeds are OK once I get into a site and I'm getting around 4Mbs.

Anyway nobody else has reported a fault so the person I have called has opened some form of file and if others phone in it will cause matter to be escalated.

Thus if you still have problem like me please phone Vodafone at 1850 99 51 33 and hopefully we can get issue resolved

• Advertisement
Advertisement