Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xmas jobs

Options
  • 28-10-2010 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

hope everybody is having a good night folks
    my contract is coming to an end and i want to get a chrismas job in a shop.
    however as far as i know these shops need their staff to work on chrismas eve and stephens day, new yrs eve etc and i will be away from the 22nd december on...
    will this stand in the way of me getting a chrismas job for novemeber and december?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭encyclopedia

hope everybody is having a good night folks
    my contract is coming to an end and i want to get a chrismas job in a shop.
    however as far as i know these shops need their staff to work on chrismas eve and stephens day, new yrs eve etc and i will be away from the 22nd december on...
    will this stand in the way of me getting a chrismas job for novemeber and december?

Not all shops will be opening St Stephens Day and New Years. Sometimes in my experience shops will make exceptions for people travelling. If you wish to get a temporary job you could always not mention it at the start that you will be away and leave after the 22nd but you would then not get a reference or have a chance of ever working their again. A lot of large retailers have policy not to give references anyway. Staff leaving also happens quite regularily in shops around christmas. It would be kind of unfair on the shop but saying that the chances are that you would be let go shortly after new years anyways as this generally happens to christmas staff. Sorry to hear about the contract ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I hear argos and next (next still have openings nationwide) have Christmas jobs on offer I think. Depends what part of the country you are in. Boots and some shops might have some Christmas jobs. They are more likely to be opened the running up to Christmas, only other day during Christmas be Christmas Eve, St Stephens day and new years eve. I've applied to a couple of Christmas jobs, think with argos they won't get back to you until two weeks after your application being sent in if you are succesful just so you are aware of that otherwise they will not get in touch with you. Best of luck OP.

Advertisement