Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MJ Nolan - Phone Home.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Number 10 Shirt

That hardly looks like the most reputable place of business does it ? ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

That hardly looks like the most reputable place of business does it ? ! :D

No :D And it's expensive! , you can easily get it installed cheaper locally.
    Not surprised though when you look at MJ's record on expenses :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pholland

why are they even allowed expenses for a phone , can their salaries not stretch to that. and dont get me started on unvouched expenses that they all claim the full amount for, and its all legal. why why why why why why..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

I find it amazing that the government doesn't have a deal with any of the operators.

Anyone can get a free phone every 18 months + all calls / texts to all landlines / mobiles for under €90 a month. The only extra would be international calls.

A simple sacking for anyone caught fiddling expenses (theft) - that's how its done in the private sector.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

It looks like a building way back in the outback. Why do ministers need hadns free, isn't that why we spend €15,000 a day on drivers for them???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

It looks like a building way back in the outback. Why do ministers need hadns free, isn't that why we spend €15,000 a day on drivers for them???

MJ isn't a minister, poor chap has to drive himself to work:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Maybe he could join the masses on the train????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭mirror mirror

All that gob****e is any good for ,is standing in for a photo.has anyone ever heard of him actually doing anything ?

All that gob****e is any good for ,is standing in for a photo.has anyone ever heard of him actually doing anything ?
    I'm still trying to think of something that GOB****E has done:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Jacques Thelad

Well, mirror mirror, he's brilliant at taking the credit for things he hasn't done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Jaysus Lads be careful what you say here.... you could end up in serious trouble (well only if you're French)

Couldn't link to the article from todays Indo as the link included all the column

Don't try this at home ...

An even bigger embarrassment to President Sarkozy than his appalling wife, Carla Bruni, Rachida Dati dragged French politics to a new low during her brief and spectacularly gaffe-prone tenure as one of the French cabinet's golden girls.
    Sadly for her, however, the country quickly realised that she was their equivalent of Mary Coughlan -- completely clueless and impossibly arrogant.
    And the most recent cock-up by Dati came when she mistakenly used the word 'fellatio' instead of 'inflation' during a radio interview.
    It made her a laughing stock in France and last week a man sent her an email taking the mickey out of her. As you do.
    And the response from the French authorities? He has been locked up for two days and, according to reports: "After being kept in a cell and then placed on bail, he was ordered to appear in court on December 3 charged with displaying contempt towards a public servant; an offence which is punishable with a prison sentence of up to a month and a €10,000 fine."
    So now it's a crime, punishable by jail time, in France, to take the piss out of a rubbish politician?
    You can bet your bottom dollar Dermot Ahern and the rest of his cohorts in the Dáil tabled an emergency meeting to see if they could rush through emergency legislation copying the French system.
    Of course, they'd have to build a lot of new prisons to cope with the thousands of new inmates ...

"displaying contempt towards a public servant". There aren't enough hours in the day to even begin to vent ones contempt towards our public servants. I say it here now and the ****er can track me down if he wants:

M.J. Nolan is a liar and a thief. He has stolen from the taxpayer every day he's been in office and in return he treats us with contempt. How he has the nerve to leave his house is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭scallioneater

Sounds like Mr Thelad feels really passionately about MJ Nolan. Shouldn't the next step in your protest be running as a candidate in the next general election. I understand your annoyance, but are you going to do anything about it? How are you going to change things?

Will there be any Carlow candidates on the ballot for Carlow voters, or will we just have to elect people who waste taxpayers money in Kilkenny. The way things are shaping up for the next election, there will be no TD living in the Carlow part of the Carlow-Kilkenny Constituency. Labour are only running one in KK and Fine Gael have a Carlow candidate that lives in the Wicklow Constituency.

Complaining about MJ is fine, but there is a bigger problem for Carlow here and that is the dismantling of Carlow as a political center. It has been going on for years and unless people in Carlow start standing up for themselves, there will be no Carlow TD's, no Carlow Co. Council, no Carlow. Stop whinging about a mobile phone and wake up to how you and where you live are really being screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

"displaying contempt towards a public servant". There aren't enough hours in the day to even begin to vent ones contempt towards our public servants. I say it here now and the ****er can track me down if he wants:

M.J. Nolan is a liar and a thief. He has stolen from the taxpayer every day he's been in office and in return he treats us with contempt. How he has the nerve to leave his house is beyond me.
    but hes a kilkenny candidate isn't he?

Sounds like Mr Thelad feels really passionately about MJ Nolan. Shouldn't the next step in your protest be running as a candidate in the next general election. I understand your annoyance, but are you going to do anything about it? How are you going to change things?

Are you going to change things?
    Just because the average person is not Alex Ferguson doesn't mean they can't criticize Man U , and also just becuase the average person is not a TD/Politician doesnt mean they cant criticize elected representatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭scallioneater

zeds alive wrote: »
    Are you going to change things?
    Just because the average person is not Alex Ferguson doesn't mean they can't criticize Man U , and also just becuase the average person is not a TD/Politician doesnt mean they cant criticize elected representatives.

I am going to change things. I am going to change things by pointing out to people who complain about MJ's mobile phone that Carlow as a community faces much larger problems. The way to overcome these problems is by working together, not by tearing each other down. Just because I am not a whiner, doesn't mean that I can't criticize whining.

Pot , meet Kettle.

potmeetkettle.jpg

meta2
    I am not a whiner

Will there be any Carlow candidates on the ballot for Carlow voters, or will we just have to elect people who waste taxpayers money in Kilkenny. The way things are shaping up for the next election, there will be no TD living in the Carlow part of the Carlow-Kilkenny Constituency. Labour are only running one in KK and Fine Gael have a Carlow candidate that lives in the Wicklow Constituency.

Complaining about MJ is fine, but there is a bigger problem for Carlow here and that is the dismantling of Carlow as a political center. It has been going on for years and unless people in Carlow start standing up for themselves, there will be no Carlow TD's, no Carlow Co. Council, no Carlow. Stop whinging about a mobile phone and wake up to how you and where you live are really being screwed.
    I am going to change things. I am going to change things by pointing out to people who complain about MJ's mobile phone that Carlow as a community faces much larger problems. The way to overcome these problems is by working together, not by tearing each other down. Just because I am not a whiner, doesn't mean that I can't criticize whining.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Scallion 'ater

foggy_lad wrote: »
    but hes a kilkenny candidate isn't he?

No, he's from Bagenalstown although he has lived in Carlow town for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Interesting isn't quite the word I'd use.

• Advertisement

it will be interesting to see his response to a carlow councillors questioning as to what exactly he is doing for carlow,along with mary white..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

He's a TD, he's not supposed to do anything for Carlow, that's a town/county councillor's job.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭muggyog

He IS supposed to do something for Carlow and he is doing it by maxing out his expenses to support a local business. ;)

@scallioneater, Its been invaluable to Carlow to have MJ as our TD dont you think (your clearly from the posh part of town, 'ater is the real deal).

testicle wrote: »
    He's a TD, he's not supposed to do anything for Carlow, that's a town/county councillor's job.
    What is he meant do as a T.D? And what area does he represent?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

The poster above was right. We vote for our TDs to put them in the national parliament and to look after the nations interest. If we are worried about what is is in it for Carlow then the county council votes are there for that. Unfortunatly the parish pump politics of Ireland mean our TDs do have to sort out every little issue in their constituency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭d4v1d

If someone was to run in the Carlow constituency with a mandate to change how the government works so that there are less TD's, being paid less money and that are voted on a national level instead of locally, would the people posting on this thread vote for that person?

If the answer is yes, then I'd gladly put myself forward as candidate in the next election. I feel completely let down by this society we live in. That includes the government, the church, the banks and the people. Mainly by the people as we should have demanded better a long time ago.

In order to get accepted as a candidate there is a minimum of 30 signatures required to be presented along with a letter of nomination within 7 days of the current government being disolved. If you want to be one of the signatures on my nomination and find out more about what I want to see changed please PM me. Why shouldn't someone, not of the current establishment go try make a difference. I'd put myself out there to try.

Advertisement