Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black and white help!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Its basically a high contrast B&W. You can achieve this through lighting and by using a strong S curve in the curves adjustment in PS.

Film gives the image it's unique texture, there are methods and plugins to emulate this in photoshop I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 squaresies

There are a coople of ways I would try to achieve this. I would adjust the levels and contrast and then use filter - texture - texturiser or use filter - sketch - waterpaper in PS. Probably need to add some grain too?

I would also try adding a texture layer in PS and in the layers paletter, click on overlay, it creates a contrasty look too. I'm sure you're already aware if you don't want to make your own textures, you can search and find them for free with credit to the artist.

Have fun!

Advertisement