Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 28-10-2010 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

help........

Just moved into Apt in Dun Laoghaire and am looking for bb...

get mobile recption in selected areas close to windows and no 3g coverage at all (iphone 3gs could be my prob)

I really don't want to to use eircom (daylight robbery) 24-25 quid connection and same again for basic package...totaling 50 + a month just for BB...

ntl/upc not available - possibly soon!!!!

wi-max imagine not available even though transmitter resides on roof of shopping center 400 yards away - blackout area i am told....go for their dsl wired and equally as expensive as eircom when you add the line connection and activation...

upon calling all other known providers the line connection and activation for wired options makes them all fairly close on price...

http://www.callcosts.ie/broadband
    state figures and none are available at quoted prices upon invesigation.......

any help would be great....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kylzer911

Am in a similar situation.. in Dun Laoghaire and have had eircom for ever pretty much, need a change as for the last couple months have barely been getting 1mb and whenever we call them they wanna send out a technician at a cost, bit of a joke.. magnet seems appealing but was just told would be a 12:1 sharing ratio, doesn't sound too hopeful.. odd though as wimax said it wouldn't be a problem here?

Any help would be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 west side kid

You get any resolution to this?

I am with SMART, in Dun Laoghaire and my connection sucks diesel. (speeds of <1MB). I use skype heavily for work so need a good heavy duty provider.

Any experience with Eircom in DL? Looks like UPC not available here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 snes23

ended up with eircom ngb....55 quid a month....wish upc/ntl would get their finger out so i can switch.....

• Registered Users Posts: 32 exterminator447

snes23 wrote: »
    ended up with eircom ngb....55 quid a month....wish upc/ntl would get their finger out so i can switch.....

I am currently with Digiweb DSL Broadband for everything for €44 per month and on the 8Mb NGB

Advertisement