Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATS in Collegewood /Dublin 15

Options
  • 28-10-2010 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I moved into Collegewood about 3 months ago , and was happy until RATS :eek:vistited into my apartment!!!!I already caught 2 in my kitchen( use rat Trat) and there are still more as I still hear them running above ceiling and behind the walls.Just talked to the neighbours and they have that problem too.Management is useless and seems like they not interested to get rid of them.I am so scared and cant imagine live here any longer.If anoyone have the same problem plese contact Management ASAP!!I am on the grand floor but neigbours on the 2nd floor have seen them too.I am just afraid as they are very dengarous and spread diseases!!than longer Managemnt leave it behind then more rats will be moving into Collegewood apartments!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Try reporting it to Fingal County Council, they may be able to do something about it.
    Failing that it's more than likely a case of getting a rat catcher in. Not sure what else you can do with the management agent. Who are they?
    Personnally I'd get onto them again, document all contact and then threaten to bring it further, not sure if it's possible to bring the agent to the small claims court.
    Have you tried getting on the board of the management company in the estate?

Personnaly, I be tempted if I did have to get a rat catcher in, to ask them to leave you the rats, and when the bill comes for the management fee's, send them the rats. But thats just me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pondasher

As far as I am aware you are required by law to report the presence of rats in your home to the health board who send someone out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Monia

No Rats since 3 days , lol! seems like Mangement is doing some work around the building also Pest control came to put some poison in/out door!We also had to do some work in the apartments and filled in all the gaps under kitchen presses by which these were getting in to my apartment.Hopefully rats will never come back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Monia wrote: »
    RATS vistited into my apartment!!!!
    In addition to telling the management company, look at your apartment and remove all sources of food - crumbs, uncovered food and open bread. The rats will move on (from your apartment at least) if there is no food.

• Advertisement
Advertisement