Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a first?

Options
  • 28-10-2010 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Today, in Liffey Valley Shopping Centre I came across a very rare sight. A car was actually clamped for parking illegally in the disabled area. Well done Liffey Valley, you have shot way up in my esteem and I'll put whatever business I can your direction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 plon

I saw an SUV clamped there a few months ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

lets just hope they were'nt a person with a disability..clamping fees are outrageous to get unclamped (120eur)!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 plon

The opening post said clamped for parking illegally
    The SUV I saw also was illegally parked in that it had no wheelchair parking permit displayed .. (I looked) .. in this case it doesnt matter whether the person had a disability or not.
    Another clamping I also saw lately was at Heuston Station, just inside the entrance at the taxi drop off where there are two disabled parking spaces. A car was clamped in one of the spaces which had no wheelchair parking permit displayed. However I noticed the car had a motability sticker indicating the car was adapted. I had a closer look and indeed it was adapted. It seems the driver forgot to display the parking permit.

Advertisement