Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stopping fermentation early?

Options
  • 29-10-2010 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hey Guys,

I'm running up a batch of turbo cider for a party on Saturday. However, procrastination won again and I was late starting it. It's not for straight drinking, I was going to warm it up with spices and maybe some rum, so would it be terrible to just use it even though it won't have finished fermenting? what are the ramifications other than not as much alcohol content? I don't want to kill anyone at the party:D

Cheers

Lorna

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Not as much alcohol, a little residual sweetness. Warming it with spices will help to take the young edge off it - so probably ideal for mulling.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Lgray

Thanks a mil Noby,

Just ahad a trial there now, warmed the cider with cinnamon and cloves, added some cheap golden rum before serving, and a tiny bit of butter to float- not bad for a half assed attempt. will keep the chill of this evening!:D
    Lorna

Advertisement