Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killiney/Dalkey Intruder!!!

Options
  • 29-10-2010 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I've seen a few threads similar to this, just thought I'd post one of my own.

Tonight I was in my Grandparent's house in the Killiney area when at about 8.30/9.00 pm we got a call from our neighbour saying her dog had found an intruder wandering around our other neighbour's house.

She had been walking her dogs, when one of them ran into our neighbour's garden and started barking at a man who proceeded to jump over the garden wall, ran down the street and into a car. He drove off.

Our next door neighbours are currently on holidays so the man must have some idea of this. There are many houses in the area, so for him to target this one is worrying. They have set timers on their inside lights (which were on). He must have known they weren't present.

This isn't the first time we've had problems. Many times, even in daylight we've caught people in our garden or at our back door. Same for our neighbours. One was in the shower, when someone climbed through another window and stole a camera.

This bothers me as my Grandparent and others around them are older. I tend to get worried something will happen them while I'm not home.

We live close to Killiney Hill, not far from Dalkey.
    Just wanted to warm people of this!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Good to know. Have reminded a friend in the area to be extra careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

have you reported this and details of the car so the local gardai can also keep an eye?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

I live around the same area and there has been 6 burglaries on my road this year already its crazy.
    The house next door to me got robbed last week and they smashed a small hole in the pane of glass next to the front door and got in that way.
    So make sure if you do go out to make sure to double lock your door.
    The burgulars must be watching the houses as they only left for a few hours when it was robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

No, I didn't see this, our next door neighbour did. I presume it was too dark/far away for the to see the car. I don't know if they've reported it.

And yeah, we always keep the alarm on. The doors are always locked too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,228 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Residents here got told to keep an eye out, a few houses broken into glenageary sandycove area recently

• Advertisement
Advertisement