Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best option from Heuston Station to Dublin Airport

Options
  • 29-10-2010 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Dear All,

I am from Cork. Could anybody recommend me a best way to travel from Heuston Train Station to Airport? Are there any Luas/Tram or I have to take bus?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

748 bus, €6.
    Timetable

Or, if you're stingy, Luas to Abbey Street (€1.50) and then 16A from around the Corner on O'Connell Street for an additional €2.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

masadjie wrote: »
    Dear All,

I am from Cork. Could anybody recommend me a best way to travel from Heuston Train Station to Airport? Are there any Luas/Tram or I have to take bus?
    Thanks in advance

Luas to busaras, 747 to airport. 748 runs direct from heuston to airport as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

Thanks for the information. Those are very useful. I think I will take bus 748. I hope the bus provides service from Airport to Heuston as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

masadjie wrote: »
    I hope the bus provides service from Airport to Heuston as well.

It certainly does

It's in the timetable link above

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ilovenerds

I'm sorry to drag up an old thread but could anyone please give me an approximate length for this bus trip? I have an interview next Tuesday and need to allocate sufficicent time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

ilovenerds wrote: »
    I'm sorry to drag up an old thread but could anyone please give me an approximate length for this bus trip? I have an interview next Tuesday and need to allocate sufficicent time.

It'll depend on time of day, traffic and the weather as rain fecks up traffic flow in Dublin

It'll depend on time of day, traffic and the weather as rain fecks up traffic flow in Dublin

Thanks for replying so quickly. Would you have an approximate time please? I mean on average would it be closer to an hour or half an hour? I'll probably be arriving around half 4 at Heuston if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

I'd allow for the hour and a half although it should take around 40 - 50 minutes. However you can never guarantee the traffic so I would allow for as much time as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

hayser wrote: »
    I'd allow for the hour and a half although it should take around 40 - 50 minutes. However you can never guarantee the traffic so I would allow for as much time as possible.

9 times out if 10 during the day it would take around 50 mins but there's always one day every now and then when traffic is mad so definitely allow 90 minutes or so, or longer if you're going to be during rush hour

• Registered Users Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Here is the new timetable - the route has changed and is now the 747.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much everyone. I have booked a very early train just in case:)

Advertisement