Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - Slane Castle - 28 May 2011 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options
  • 29-10-2010 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

A bird in the know tells me Lord Henry is to make an announcement today (Friday).

My money's on Kings of Leon

Mod Edit: Just a reminder, NO ticket sales/swaps. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Would they headline? really? what a let down that would be!

I'd say if they feature they'd be support to U2.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I would love it to be U2 as their last Slane gig was amazing but Lord Mount said on Newstalk recently that U2 were not available to do it. It's the 30th anniversary so King Of Leon would be ridiculous. They need someone huge - I say get Bruce Springsteen and the mightly E Street Band. Its the only way I'd think of goint to Slane after the disaster in 08.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

eminem!!! sorry still suffering withdrawal symptoms after oxegen :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

heard kol myself.they are not doing any shows on their current tour in ireland?? even with a new album just out.dublin is conspicuous in its absence on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I really don't want it to be kings of leon, not just because i hate them (And lord do i hate them) but because slane has an actual history of booking either the biggest band in the planet at that time or a truly legendary act. looks at supposed Glastonbury lineup **** it book prince, At least he's had a career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

SB-08 wrote: »
    I would love it to be U2 as their last Slane gig was amazing but Lord Mount said on Newstalk recently that U2 were not available to do it. It's the 30th anniversary so King Of Leon would be ridiculous. They need someone huge - I say get Bruce Springsteen and the mightly E Street Band. Its the only way I'd think of goint to Slane after the disaster in 08.:rolleyes:

Oh I never heard Henry had dismissed U2, Damm!!!
    Yeah he needs something big for the 30th anniversary, I heard him a good while ago on the radio, saying its his 60th Birthday and the 30th anniversary of Slane, so the act would have to be world class!, (apparently talks had already begun!)

Kings of leon are not only a hugely overated band, but they are also extreamly boring live! They would be a huge non event if they headlined, surley Henry knows this!!!

Bruce and The E Street Band would be as good as it could get!!!! but I can't imagine them doing it, Steve Van Zandt said the band probably won't be back on the road till 2012,

one can dream tho!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Heard it's gonna be KOL. What a let down that is. Unless there is a good supporting act, I'm just gonna save the money for oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Kings of Leon with arcade fire in support!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

If it is Kings of Leon then shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Red Hot Chili Peppers please God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

AC/DC. Go on Lord Henry, you know you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,666 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope it is Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

From the reports I heard about Oasis at Slane, they should get their public transport arrangements and other things in place first. Heard it was a complete joke the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 JayJay10

I heard its kings of leon :( alrite, one of the broadcasters said it on FM104 this morning, Really disappointed, Used to be a huge! fan until "only by the night" was released, not paying €70 (or what ever it is these days) to see that CRAP!!!

Would have lovin it to be MUSE!!! that would be UNREAL!!!:)

Apparently there's an announcement at2 today.
    Very very strong rumour of kings of Leon WITH muse!!! Now that would be amazing!! Also outside rumours of rhcp and arcade fire. Whoever it is it'll surely b a gr8 show to mark slanes 30th anniversary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

For god sake. Kings of Leon and Muse?? Talk about total pop.

God be with the days when he had proper Rock bands not radio driven pop rock.

Furthermore after the shambles of 2009, there will have to be a major change and else people'e lives could be at risk. What went on then was shocking and it was a miracle nobody was killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

NickDrake wrote: »
    For god sake. Kings of Leon and Muse?? Talk about total pop.

God be with the days when he had proper Rock bands not radio driven pop rock.

Furthermore after the shambles of 2009, there will have to be a major change and else people'e lives could be at risk. What went on then was shocking and it was a miracle nobody was killed.

Like who? The slane headliners have always been pop rock..

Like who?

SLIPKNOT?? haha!!!:D only joking, couldnt resist.

novarock wrote: »
    Like who? The slane headliners have always been pop rock..

Have they?? Have they really? I would hardy call Bruce pop rock now. Would not see a load of teeny boppers screaming for him like they do Kings of Leon.

Foo Fighters
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Thin Lizzy
    The Stones
    Dylan
    Bowie
    Pearl Jam
    Neil young
    Verve
    REM

Would hardly class the above as poppy teeny loving bands like the Kings o Leon.

Like look at the legends who have played? And now we have the Kings of Leon and Muse. For god sake. Talk about going down hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Hopefully springsteen!!!

• Advertisement

Have they?? Have they really? I would hardy call Bruce pop rock now. Would not see a load of teeny boppers screaming for him like they do Kings of Leon.

Foo Fighters
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Thin Lizzy
    The Stones
    Dylan
    Bowie
    Pearl Jam
    Neil young
    Verve
    REM

Would hardly class the above as poppy teeny loving bands like the Kings o Leon.

Like look at the legends who have played? And now we have the Kings of Leon and Muse. For god sake. Talk about going down hill.

would hardly call muse pop in fairness!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

KoL and Muse.The biggest bands in the world :rolleyes:
    Seen them both already.KoL are absolutely diabolical live and Muse over rely on flashy lights.It more then likely will sell out though so id better get to slapping people

davywalsh7 wrote: »

Would disagree. Their latest stuff is very pop rock.

Not as pop and radio friendly as the Kings of Leon mind.

davywalsh7 wrote: »

I would.Theyre closer to that then anything else.Flashy lights and lots of needless synth are pop trademarks at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

MCD have posted on Twitter that they have "exciting" news coming a lunchtime, could be a Slane announcement:

http://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/29070926264

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I heard Muse were supposed to be doing it last year but Oxegen got them instead,.

Got this from MCD Facebook .
    Exciting news coming at lunchtime....

I hope if it is KOL Muse dont support them since it really should be the other way around and plus Muse in the light without the lightshow wouldnt be great.

Id say KOL are a dead cert unfortunately , which means it would be another year i would miss.

What are the chances of

Foo Fighters
    Biffy
    Jimmy Eat World?

If its the Foos ill be there

Would disagree. Their latest stuff is very pop rock.

Are you for real!! Muse pop rock?? ok maybe the song they done for Twilight was and there last album was a little different but in a good way, they done what KOL couldnt they changed there sound and explored new instruments and techniques and if you can get by the hype, light shows, and huge props there a very talented and entertaining band to watch perform, plus matt bellamy is one of the best guitarists on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

The KOL headlining the 30th Anniversary based on one big album and only two huge radio hits? What an absolute joke. It will be full of teenage girls there to sing Sex on Fire and Use Somebody. And to think Henry snubbed Bon Jovi as not being suitable? Is he going a bit batty?:p I am not Jovi fan but they at least have loads of songs to make for a great gig and the 80,000 singing along. If Muse are there too it gives the line up more credibility but if true it is surely the most predictable line up ever? And who would go on last - Muse are bigger than the KOL - they are on Wembley Stadium level so it's a joke if they are the support act.

To think the last time U2 headlined they had the RHCP and Coldplay supporting.:cool:

• Advertisement

JayJay10 wrote: »
    Are you for real!! Muse pop rock?? ok maybe the song they done for Twilight was and there last album was a little different but in a good way, they done what KOL couldnt they changed there sound and explored new instruments and techniques and if you can get by the hype, light shows, and huge props there a very talented and entertaining band to watch perform, plus matt bellamy is one of the best guitarists on the planet.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSMWrGmvI_VTQbuZ9Xk8LoUVvLQNCwygFe5h42CPUUMBvFjOA&t=1&usg=__Pieo3EjZJvsPcROJRZgmz7Hp3mo=

Advertisement