Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - Slane Castle - 28 May 2011 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Looks like the touts raided this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Got tickets yesterday, but to be honest really don't want to go. Just got the tickets as my girlfriend is dying to see them. Hope there is a great supporting bands there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

There is an announcement on the Ticketmaster site that says it is Sold Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Got my tickets this morning.

Does anyone else think the fact that they're playing here in December kind of takes the novelty off the Slane gig? I know Slane is the big one but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

pilot1087 wrote: »

Does anyone else think the fact that they're playing here in December kind of takes the novelty off the Slane gig? I know Slane is the big one but still.

Not really, now i'll just go to both :D

Thats no food for me for a while :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I honestly don't know why anyone bothers with MCD, haven't you all learned your lesson after Guns N Roses....I mean, I know you want to go to the gigs, but it would probably be cheaper flying with Ryanair to a UK destination, getting accommodation and attending a gig there. I know this is Slane, but are KOL really worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Got my tickets right on the button at 8! Dont know why anyone was trying since half 7 though!

Whats the deal with announcing a concert in O2??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Mc Love wrote: »
    Got my tickets right on the button at 8! Dont know why anyone was trying since half 7 though!

Because now that they "sold out" Slane in 20mins it will create a bigger rush for people who missed out on Slane tickets to buy O2 tickets. Then there will probably be another 20000+ tickets released after the O2 gig or when they announce the support acts for Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

pilot1087 wrote: »

Of course it takes away from slane!!

You think if Bruce, AC/DC or U2 had been announced as headliners they would've then planned a concert 6 months before Slane?? :confused:

Kings of Leon are money grabbing whores who's music has gone to s***e!!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Mc Love wrote: »

Had the home page ready on the laptop to go when 8 came about.
    Won't be here for the O2 gigs.

But to be honest it's just 'Slane' I want to be at. Been at every concert since 1999 (including Madonna :o) Just wanted to keep the ball rolling.
    ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I wonder how many were sold during pre-sale? If it was a lot then it wouldnt have taken long to sell the ones released today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭jm99

When or how do you find out when they will release more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Of course it takes away from slane!!

You think if Bruce, AC/DC or U2 had been announced as headliners they would've then planned a concert 6 months before Slane?? :confused:

Kings of Leon are money grabbing whores who's music has gone to s***e!!

Well AC/DC was done the other way around with the O2 show selling out and then them announcing the Punchestown gig not too long afterwards........if there's any spare slots around Dec 11th expect another O2 show to get announced.....

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

I heard from a very unreliable and discredited source down in my local boozer that Keane and Train are supporting.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Oh god - Keane are shít :(

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

FYI

- It will take several hours to get there and longer to get home
    - Most people will be drinking if not drunk
    - You may get bumped into
    - It will take a long time to get a beer
    - Some people will be on drugs
    - Joe Duffy cannot help you on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Harrythecat

keane2097 wrote: »
    Oh god - Keane are shít :(
    Love that they are in your user name though!:p

I got tickets after 11am today, don't give up yet people!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Yep, there's 2 people advertising on donedeal already, one is looking for €300 for a pair and they have been on sale for over 3 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

:mad:Well I aint happy,I was ordered out to find tickets for this "boyband" at 6.30 by the other half only to hear they are playing that place in Dublin.(dont mention the name)We have being had.The whole lot sucks.Money grabbing shower the whole lot of them.:mad:aahhhhh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Very happy i downloaded all my kol albums illegally down the years after all this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

RebelSoul wrote: »
    I heard from a very unreliable and discredited source down in my local boozer that Keane and Train are supporting.:D

ffs Keane? Really?

I'll be sure to miss them. They're hardly a band to get a crowd hyped, everyone will want to go home and top themselves after two songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

happypants wrote: »
    ffs Keane? Really?

I'll be sure to miss them. They're hardly a band to get a crowd hyped, everyone will want to go home and top themselves after two songs.

No, sorry it was for humour. I was just making a joke at how rumours fly around regarding these type of events. Like I said unreliable and discredited source. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

So we're all agreed that Slane is gonna be **** nxt year! Even Bon Jovi would've been much better!!

Even Bon Jovi would've been much better!!

lol GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

lol GTFO

So, what would be your dream line up for the 30th anniversary gig? Mine would be Chris Cornell (or Soundgarden), Myles Kennedy (or Creed), Muse, Pearl Jam..oh the list is endless!

MonicaBing wrote: »
    So, what would be your dream line up for the 30th anniversary gig? Mine would be Chris Cornell (or Soundgarden), Myles Kennedy (or Creed), Muse, Pearl Jam..oh the list is endless!

For what Slane is I think KoL are a grand band tbh - I don't really get all the hate at all. I think the thread is somewhat under siege by a bunch of angsty teenagers who are too cool to listen to anybody who has "sold out" (i.e. had a few songs on the radio). Slane's not exactly Burning Man like..

Stick Sigur Rós on stage and make them play for 12 hours if you want my ideal lineup FWIW :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

alot of tickets were sold yesterday via pre sale,surprised how easy it was to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

For what Slane is I think KoL are a grand band tbh - I don't really get all the hate at all. I think the thread is somewhat under siege by a bunch of angsty teenagers who are too cool to listen to anybody who has "sold out" (i.e. had a few songs on the radio). Slane's not exactly Burning Man like..

Stick Sigur Rós on stage and make them play for 12 hours if you want my ideal lineup FWIW :pac:

Angsty teens? Do you label everyone (incorrectly in this case) that disagrees with you?

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Angsty teens? Do you label everyone (incorrectly in this case) that disagrees with you?

I suppose I could have left out the "teens" part.

The part about people being too cool to listen to anything that's been on the radio is the main point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 AwesomusMaximus

Few different radio stations saying Muse & Foo Fighters to support at slane, which would be savage!

Advertisement