Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - Slane Castle - 28 May 2011 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭madscone

Is anybody else gettin the feeling that mcd and LHMB are planning something sneaky like a second date in august maybe, 30th anniversary year and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

madscone wrote: »
    Is anybody else gettin the feeling that mcd and LHMB are planning something sneaky like a second date in august maybe, 30th anniversary year and all that...

I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised tbh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Skerries wrote: »
    tickets boxed off :D

anyone else get a seat location on their ticket? :D
    Seat location: section GA3
    are they cordoning off sections of field now ;)

GA - general Admission - No the field is not in sections!
    Penfailed wrote: »
    The general jist of this thread -

Kings of Leon are sh1te, they've sold out
    Sh1te, the Kings of Leon have sold out

;)

Best summary ever.

For the record - there are no support acts confirmed.
    and tickets for this are still available on ticketmaster.

If and when it does sell out there will be plenty of face value tickets available on toutless.com. I'd ask people to use there.

Also Do not link to ebay or any tout sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

lordgoat wrote: »
    GA - general Admission - No the field is not in sections!

Best summary ever.

For the record - there are no support acts confirmed.
    and tickets for this are still available on ticketmaster.

If and when it does sell out there will be plenty of face value tickets available on toutless.com. I'd ask people to use there.

Also Do not link to ebay or any tout sites.
    Thanks for this. My friend said Muse were playing and I am a big Muse fan and would be gutted if I had missed out on this. I have no interest in going to see the KoL really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I'm still completely mystified as to why people just blindly believe what's posted by promoters that are just trying to maximise profits, it would be very very unusual for a gig this size to have all of the tickets released on the first day, announcing that it sold out in 1 hour and then changing that on their own website within hours to say that it sold out in 40 minutes is the usual bull**** they do.....
    It's a little surprising they way they are announcing the KOL gigs, but if the demand is really there for them to sell out 80,000 tickets in 40 minutes then why wait until afterwards to announce a gig that's only a month away in a smaller venue.....

personally I wouldn't bother with Slane, but that's a personal thing, all I know is that if there was a choice between a huge outdoor venue and a good sized indoor one I'd always go for the indoor venue......

• Advertisement

Thanks for this. My friend said Muse were playing and I am a big Muse fan and would be gutted if I had missed out on this. I have no interest in going to see the KoL really.

To be honest stripy I'd be stunned if Muse were to perform support to anyone at the moment.......will be interesting what supports are announce for this....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I have to laugh at people that actually think there is a chance Muse and the Foo Fighters will be support acts. The promoter has sold the venue out (apparently) why would they pay top dollars to get 2 huge bands in even though theyve sold the tickets. Do people think that nice promoters are gonna waste their profit just to give something back to the fans. This post may bite me in the arse but if you think there is the slightest of a chance Muse or the Foo Fighters are going to be back up then you are nothing more than a simpleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The funny thing is these rumours have been more than likely perpetuated by this very thread.

There's no substantial indication whatsoever of Muse being a potential support act for this, and all we know about Foo Fighters is that they are playing two large UK concerts next summer... around the same time as Oxegen. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Biggest case i've seen of taking the piss for years in the way they announced the O2 show.

Times are tough and the avergae KoL fan would have bought tickets for Slane, as being a fan they want to attend the only Irish gig of there tour, then an hour after tehy've forked out they announce another show where they want 80quid a ticket.

As for Slane, no way has this sold out, it's just a marketing ploy, 80,000 tickets on sale, i'd say they sold 50,000 and announced the sell out, then they announce an O2 gig which will surely sell out again.

I reckon another 30,000 or so tickets will go on sale when the support bands are announced, or just after O2 show is sold out.

I wouldn't go to either gig if it was free

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

NO TICKET TOUT ADVERTISING - THANKS.
    Pauleta wrote: »
    I have to laugh at people that actually think there is a chance Muse and the Foo Fighters will be support acts. The promoter has sold the venue out (apparently) why would they pay top dollars to get 2 huge bands in even though theyve sold the tickets.
    I would have the same logic, but have they not done the same other years? Festivals often sell out and have more acts added, I presume previous Slanes have too.

I really doubt it has sold out, they will get some act and release more tickets.

Look at some past support, the manics supporting the verve, who headlined slane on the back of a single song

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slane_Concert

* Finlay Quaye
    * Junkster
    * James
    * The Seahorses
    * Robbie Williams
    * Special Guests Manic Street Preachers

Headliner

* The Verve

Foo fighters supported RHCP before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

rubadub wrote: »
    the verve, who headlined slane on the back of a single song

:eek:

scudzilla wrote: »
    Biggest case i've seen of taking the piss for years in the way they announced the O2 show.

As for Slane, no way has this sold out, it's just a marketing ploy, 80,000 tickets on sale, i'd say they sold 50,000 and announced the sell out, then they announce an O2 gig which will surely sell out again.

I reckon another 30,000 or so tickets will go on sale when the support bands are announced, or just after O2 show is sold out.

Agree 100% Scud, and like Goat said the worst thing of all about this is that even the tickets that they have released so far are still available and are not sold out - so surely their announcements are false advertising ???
    just checked again there on Ticketmaster and Slane tickets are still available - I don't feel sorry for anyone that buys tickets on Ebay or from Touts in general, but these people should at least wait a couple of days to see if the tickets are onsale again from the source before forking out silly money.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The funny thing is these rumours have been more than likely perpetuated by this very thread.

I heard from someone that never uses boards and wouldnt really know anyone that use boards that much, that the foo fighters will be supporting so I dont know about them being mentioned here first

All we can do is wait and pray and hope they do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

NIBBS wrote: »
    Agree 100% Scud, and like Goat said the worst thing of all about this is that even the tickets that they have released so far are still available and are not sold out - so surely their announcements are false advertising ???
    just checked again there on Ticketmaster and Slane tickets are still available - I don't feel sorry for anyone that buys tickets on Ebay or from Touts in general, but these people should at least wait a couple of days to see if the tickets are onsale again from the source before forking out silly money.......

There's no tickets available on ticketmaster. I just tried it at a friend of mine wanted tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

There's no way Foo's or Muse will be supporting KoL. Those 2 acts are headliners in their own merit and tbf bigger bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

nommm wrote: »
    There's no tickets available on ticketmaster. I just tried it at a friend of mine wanted tickets.

Yeah same here trying every time someone here says they're available. I think people are only seeing where it says 'find tickets' and assuming they're available

Pauleta wrote: »
    I have to laugh at people that actually think there is a chance Muse and the Foo Fighters will be support acts. The promoter has sold the venue out (apparently) why would they pay top dollars to get 2 huge bands in even though theyve sold the tickets. Do people think that nice promoters are gonna waste their profit just to give something back to the fans. This post may bite me in the arse but if you think there is the slightest of a chance Muse or the Foo Fighters are going to be back up then you are nothing more than a simpleton.
    I am hoping the simpleton comment didn't include me, as I was merely asking a question, something these boards are useful for. It is unnecessary to insult someone like this when rumours are rife and people just enquired about clairfication!

I doubt Muse would play support to anyone, but you never know - stranger things have happened. Anyway, I just want to see Muse, that's all that interests me.

Mc Love wrote: »
    I heard from someone that never uses boards and wouldnt really know anyone that use boards that much, that the foo fighters will be supporting so I dont know about them being mentioned here first

All we can do is wait and pray and hope they do :D
    I'm the same - my friend doesn't even know what boards is and had heard Muse & Foo F, that's when I went looking to see and came across this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'm the same - my friend doesn't even know what boards is and had heard Muse & Foo F, that's when I went looking to see and came across this thread.

But that's what I meant earlier by the rumours becoming perpetuated; media outlets have possibly come across this thread in the past couple of days and are now talking about the completely unsubstantiated rumours that originated from this thread. And so the cycle continues.

But that's what I meant earlier by the rumours becoming perpetuated; media outlets have possibly come across this thread in the past couple of days and are now talking about the completely unsubstantiated rumours that originated from this thread. And so the cycle continues.
    Yeah, its possible. But sometimes rumous are true. Other times they are not. I just thought I'd be able to find out the truth or lack there of in this particular case. No harm done :) I was just kicking myself to think I'd missed an opportunity to see Muse! Seems it was all premature though so I can sleep easily tonight haha

• Advertisement

Simon201 wrote: »
    Yeah same here trying every time someone here says they're available. I think people are only seeing where it says 'find tickets' and assuming they're available

just tried again, none availble now, there were some earlier though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

A lot of people are saying there's no way Muse and Foo Fighters would support KOL. Normally this would be the case however Slane is a different beast. I happen to think that if the Foos or Muse where offered the slot before KOL at Slane in front of 90,000 people they'd take it.

It's the 30th anniversary and it'll be sold to potential "support" acts as such. It'll be a big event and it's not all about KOL.

It'll be some day and I'm sure there will be plenty of big acts on show.

The word "support" has some weird stigma attached on here!

Batesy wrote: »
    A lot of people are saying there's no way Muse and Foo Fighters would support KOL. Normally this would be the case however Slane is a different beast. I happen to think that if the Foos or Muse where offered the slot before KOL at Slane in front of 90,000 people they'd take it.

It's the 30th anniversary and it'll be sold to potential "support" acts as such. It'll be a big event and it's not all about KOL.

It'll be some day and I'm sure there will be plenty of big acts on show.

I may be a bit overly cynical but my reason for not expecting a big support act is how quickly this has sold out. There's no need for any support act as it is. He could put the KOL on at 4 in the afternoon and be done with it and make a huge profit.

I don't think this will happen but i certainly don't expect Muse and/or the foo fighters to be anywhere near slane.

I do think the Foo's will headline TITP and probably Oxegen too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Plus Muse during the day = Fail. You need the lightshow to get the whole Muse experience imo. Plus surely Foo Fighters would be offered more money to headline Oxegen then to play support KOL

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Why would they treat this differently? They can sell out wembly which is about 92000 on their own.No reason to play support to anyone to play to that crowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

As long as I never have to see the Coronas play ever again I will be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'd be disgusted if the Foo's were even ASKED to support KoL

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yep, I don't really know any of muse's stuff though I did see them once, they played support to the hives in dublin castle (the who you say?, no the hives ;)).

I was at the black keys a week or so ago and was suprised to see Lisa Hannigan supporting them, she made some comment about being nervous and that they were her favourite band.

Though it is allegedly sold out they still do have incentive for decent support, imagine they got some nobodies, then it would give slane a bad reputation, they were hit badly with the Oasis bus debacle and have plans to improve it. If the support was crap then in future years people would hold off or even boycott it.

Yep, I don't really know any of muse's stuff though I did see them once, they played support to the hives in dublin castle (the who you say?, no the hives ;)).

I was at the black keys a week or so ago and was suprised to see Lisa Hannigan supporting them, she made some comment about being nervous and that they were her favourite band.

Though it is allegedly sold out they still do have incentive for decent support, imagine they got some nobodies, then it would give slane a bad reputation, they were hit badly with the Oasis bus debacle and have plans to improve it. If the support was crap then in future years people would hold off or even boycott it.

I don't think it works that way. Oh and Irish people have a great history of boycotting anything right? Oh wait, now we don't. We just complain and succumb as normal.

Here's how it's gone and how it will go imo:

Concert sold out - crap support acts - still means the concert is sold out.

Next Slane - Headliner - concert doesn't sell out - decent support acts - concert sells out.

It's a tried and tested method and i expect a few middle of the road bands for the rest of the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Blimey, that's going back a few years. ;)

Their stage production is huge now, and to be honest, they're known for it now as much as anything. Quite side from the fact that they can easily sell out enormous venues on their own, it simply wouldn't be worth their while to play before KOL - the Followills would have to hang around for about two days while all Muse's stuff was dismantled, before they could even go onstage.

Might suit them though, might be just enough time for them to sober up enough to string a couple of chords together. Pigeons indeed.

Anyway, I'm not a huge Muse fan or anything, but there's just no hope of any band following their live show; never mind some of the very worst popular live performers at work today. A bunch of miserable millionaires shuffling onstage to lumber through the motions and pimp their new line of branded jeans and scarves - after a few hours of Muse's ridiculous and brilliantly overblown retina-exploding lunacy - just wouldn't cut it.

Advertisement