Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - Slane Castle - 28 May 2011 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

L'prof wrote: »
    Thats true, when the likes of Paddy Casey plays support for Metallica, anything can happen! Just as long as they're down a bit in the pecking order.

Paddy Casey never played support for Metallica... Did they? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Paddy Casey never played support for Metallica... Did they? haha

I can't find a link, so I may have dreamed that one up! Can anybody confirm this or a similar story?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

I can't find a link, so I may have dreamed that one up! Can anybody confirm this or a similar story?

Maybe your thinking of when Paddy Casey suported Pearl Jam In the Point?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

kennyu272 wrote: »
    ...ouch. That sounds excruciating

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

kennyu272 wrote: »

Bollox, was that it? Ah well, close enough...:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

...ouch. That sounds excruciating

It certainly was:p
    Bollox, was that it? Ah well, close enough...:p

Yeah, Paddy Casey supported Pearl Jam in 2006:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

And the Foos are much bigger.Theyre not supporting them anywhere. Just on a couple of the same festivals but headlining different nights. MCR are a very different crowd so id say pretty unlikely. Hipsters and Emos dont mix well :pac:

don't think any "hipster" has liked KoL since 2007 tbh, certainly not the godawful version of KoL these days anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lfc84

lfc84 wrote: »

WHAT CHEAP BASTARDS! No Slane castle has EVER been on that late, and none with just one band up to recent date. I'm glad I didn't pay for that and am getting a free ticket instead. RIP OFF!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thats the running order for the O2 Date not Slane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

my sweet jesus you have to be one of the most stupidest people ever

Thats the running order for the O2 Date not Slane

But it's listed for slane castle on that page.

Kings of Leon
    Slane Castle
    Sat 28 May 11

RUNNING TIMES
    DOORS: 6:30
    WHIGS: 8:00 PM to 8:45
    KINGS OF LEON: 9:15 PM

And it has Slane on the side of the site as well.

But it's listed for slane castle on that page.

Kings of Leon
    Slane Castle
    Sat 28 May 11

RUNNING TIMES
    DOORS: 6:30
    WHIGS: 8:00 PM to 8:45
    KINGS OF LEON: 9:15 PM

And it has Slane on the side of the site as well.

Ah right then its MCD's fault then but thats def for the O2 since its way to early to have a running order for Slane

my sweet jesus you have to be one of the most stupidest people ever

hahah

you didnt click on the link did you? if you did, you wouldnt be calling me stupid. :D

if you click on the link you will see the mcd site states the running order for slane as i posted.

from the follow ups, it sounds like mcd have got it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

hahah

you didnt click on the link did you? if you did, you wouldnt be calling me stupid. :D

if you click on the link you will see the mcd site states the running order for slane as i posted.

from the follow ups, it sounds like mcd have got it wrong

I have common sense , everybody knows slaine is an all day thing regardless of the act there is multiple performances

Think before make ridiculous statements you made yourself out to be stupid

I have common sense , everybody knows slaine is an all day thing regardless of the act there is multiple performances

Think before make ridiculous statements you made yourself out to be stupid

It's listed for slane castle on that page.

All I did was quote it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ok - leave the bickering here. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

So when will the first support be announced guys? When has it been announced in the past?

Personally I am hoping for Biffy

Actually could see Biffy being announced they will either do Oxegen or Slane (possibly both)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Would LOVE Biffy to support, or even play Oxegen! Whats the chances of this happening though?

Also, what about Interpol for support?

KOL and them have supported u2 in the past, and Interpol currently have a gap in there tour dates from march to july...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Would LOVE Biffy to support, or even play Oxegen! Whats the chances of this happening though?

Also, what about Interpol for support?

KOL and them have supported u2 in the past, and Interpol currently have a gap in there tour dates from march to july...?

Please god no. They were on before KOL at oxegen 2 years ago and thought they were insufferable. Maybe they're good on cd or whatever but I felt they were way too downbeat

Yea i think putting Interpol on after Editors as well was a bad decision , i like Interpol but they would have been better to do the 2nd stage again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I love Interpol too although i've yet to see them live...not sure if they'd suit the slane atmosphere?

Codes - Interpol - Elbow - Biffy Clyro...these are all possible support acts I reckon, would be good too! Maybe a bigger band too, considering its the 30th anniversary!

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I love Interpol too although i've yet to see them live...not sure if they'd suit the slane atmosphere?

Codes - Interpol - Elbow - Biffy Clyro...these are all possible support acts I reckon, would be good too! Maybe a bigger band too, considering its the 30th anniversary!

Corona's i think confirmed themselves. Elbow are a good shot , doubt Interpol(There good live but there kinda like Placebo you need to actually be in the mood and be a fan) Since they dont have really Commercial hits 90% of the crowd didnt no there stuff.

Here is a clip from Oxegen 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Am really hoping for the black keys..I think they're round europe at that time and they supported them last summer in Hyde Park. Would be happy with Biffy too

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Just read this blog post about KOL. Didn't realise they were such pompous a*holes , ha :)

friendface wrote: »
    Just read this blog post about KOL. Didn't realise they were such pompous a*holes , ha :)

Oh totally, look what their drummer Nathan Followil said about Arcade Fire.
    "Now it's cool to have 14 people in your band doing everything but contributing musically, running around with a helmet on your head, hitting it with a drumstick. You gotta look at what you're in this for: the love of music? The fame? You can have all that if you're smart and play your cards right and don't become a dick."

Not only is that quote highly inaccurate, since they have nine members, and the musician running around with the helmet he is referring to is Richard Reed Perry, who is probably THE most musical person in the world. He plays piano, bass, double bass, accordion, guitar, acoustic, xelophone etc (he plays more, I just forget the names right now. I saw him do all that and more at their concert) both for Arcade Fire and The National. Also for people who think they are pretentious for doing the charity work, they're not. They keep the music and the charity stuff seperate in the live shows. Sure they write songs on Haiti, but that's because Regine was raised and lived there.

Not to mention that quote was said after Arcade Fire released 'The Suburbs', so Kings Of Leon may have felt a somewhat Jealousy for it, as it did so well (Don't get me wrong, Come Around Sundown did brilliantly too).

They say stuff like this, yet I don't see Come Around Sundown up for Best Album Of The Year or Best Music Alternative Album, unlike Arcade Fire.

If you see me with a poster at Slane Concert that says "Richard Perry > Kings Of Leon" in the pit, make sure to say hello to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

If you see me with a poster at Slane Concert that says "Richard Perry > Kings Of Leon" in the pit, make sure to say hello to me :)

Be sure to say hello to me if you see me, I'll be the guy with all the pigeons!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

To be fair - and this is the only time I'll ever defend Kings of Leon - I think he might have aimed that at the bands that came in the wake of Arcade Fire, aping some of their superficial shenanigans without any grasp of the spirit behind them, rather than Arcade Fire themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

I heard a whisper today that Daft Punk are supporting at Slane. Anyone else hear anything?

Advertisement