Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - Slane Castle - 28 May 2011 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Poor Phil Lynott ... having his legacy dragged through the mud .... it's bad enough the half arsed tribute band doing the rounds as Thin Lizzy , now they're supporting Kings Of Leon in a venue , where the the real Thin Lizzy first headlined :(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

Daisy03 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that Mona, The Black Keys and The Whigs are supporting Kings Of Leon at their Hyde Park gigs in June. (Might be just rumours though!). Could be the support acts for Slane if it is true. I would love to see Mona. Have already seen The Whigs and The Black Keys... Would be a nice line up!

Just read Mona are playing their own gig in Bristol on the day of Slane so they can be ruled out :(.... however I do recommend you see them as soon as you can they are brilliant live.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

RayCon wrote: »
    Poor Phil Lynott ... having his legacy dragged through the mud .... it's bad enough the half arsed tribute band doing the rounds as Thin Lizzy , now they're supporting Kings Of Leon in a venue , where the the real Thin Lizzy first headlined :(:mad:

His legacy is being continued by Thin Lizzy - be happy with that at least! And if Philo was alive, they probably would be headlining the gig...

Mc Love wrote: »
    His legacy is being continued by Thin Lizzy - be happy with that at least! And if Philo was alive, they probably would be headlining the gig...

Prostituted

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lfc84

thin lizzy - rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lfc84 wrote: »
    thin lizzy - rubbish

Come Again?

i said

"thin lizzy - rubbish"

Im not happy with that supporting act. Am I meant to like every supporting act just cos its Slane?

Its the only gig where you have to purchase the tickets knowing such a small percentage of the line up! And they come up with this! Not happy. Well, not for 80 euro Im not.

Give your ticket away so - I know plenty of people that would love the privilege of seeing Lizzy in Slane (albeit without Philo)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I went to see Thin Lizzy in the Apollo in London on the 22/01/2011 and they were unbelievable. It was by far one of the best gigs I have been to. So good in fact that I went to the Dublin gig last month and already have my ticket for the Killarney gig in June. They are brilliant live and will really get the crowd going which is what a support act is supposed to do.

Also have you considered the fact that Thin Lizzy were probably requested as support by the KOL themselves. Especially since Caleb Followill is a self proclaimed fan of the band and developed his style of music from listening to Lizzy. Where do you think Molly's Chamber's came from...

Mollys Chambers is the first single taken from the Youth and Young Manhood album by the KOL. The title is taken from a line in Thin Lizzy's version of the Whiskey in the Jar.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

Any idea when the other support acts will be announced or how many there will be? If its weather like this past week at slane then it will be class no matter what. Bita sunshine lying in a ditch drinking a load of cans before you go in what more would you want!!

• Advertisement

davedfc wrote: »
    Bita sunshine lying in a ditch drinking a load of cans before you go in what more would you want!!

A decent line up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Im hearing Kasabian and Mumford&Sons are supporting

better :D

Ha ha if you think so. If anyone is in doubt about Lizzy, they are supposed to be on Late Late Show on Friday night

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

>Kings of Leon have announced that joining them as special guests at their two Hyde Park shows this June will be Paul Weller playing his only UK shows for the remainder of 2011.

Joining Kings of Leon, and Paul Weller will be tech-rockers White Lies and Country Rock outfit the Zac Brown Band.

Speaking on playing his only UK outdoor shows of 2011, Paul had the following to say, "I'm really looking forward to playing the 2 nights in my home town at Hyde Park with the Kings of Leon. They will be the only shows I'm doing for the rest of this year so we'll make sure they are top!"

Thin Lizzy on the Late Late show. Didnt mention Slane as one of their gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

poteen wrote: »
    Im hearing Kasabian and Mumford&Sons are supporting

Wouldn't get your hopes up for Kasabian. I think they are done subbing for people nor are they touring just one off headliner slots at a few festivals.
    lfc84 wrote: »
    Thin Lizzy on the Late Late show. Didnt mention Slane as one of their gigs

Ricky Warwick has confirmed Thin Lizzy several times.

Thought Lizzy were very good- Slane is going to epic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

I would love to see Zac Brown Band play support.They are a great country rock(ish)outfit and put on a hell of a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

So good in fact that I went to the Dublin gig last month and already have my ticket for the Killarney gig in June.

They're playing Killarney in June?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

White Lies announced more Kings of Leon support gigs on their facebook http://www.facebook.com/notes/white-lies/more-kings-of-leon-shows-added/10150126193886670 a few minutes ago and Slane was there. It's been taken down now though but I'd say it's a definite

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rondon

Mona have also announced they are supporting KoL on their uk tour.

rondon wrote: »
    Mona have also announced they are supporting KoL on their uk tour.
    They are fantastic live but unfortuately they are playing their own gig in Bristol on the day of Slane:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Does anyone know if Bus Eireann will be running buses to and from Navan for the concert this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Thin Lizzy have finally confirmed they're supporting KoL at Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

It says on Slane Castle's facebook page that the supporting acts are likely to be announced the week after next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jammoten

unhappy to hear lizzy are playin...i am a huge huge lizzy fan but am very dissapointed with their appointment of a lead singer.. heard him on the late late and he was dirt...will be great to see gorham and downey, but im disappointed that lord henry has filled a slot with basically a tribute act..

mark182 wrote: »
    They are fantastic live but unfortuately they are playing their own gig in Bristol on the day of Slane:(:(

UPDATE on my own post: Mona have today cancelled their own gigs planned for day of Slane, so they are expected to be announced as support act. You's are in for a treat if they are :-D Fantastic band

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Just read every post from page 1, wow my head hurts. All I can say is come onnnnn stereophonics for slane :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddytee

Advertisement