Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - Slane Castle - 28 May 2011 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

We need the Irish version of this and what better place then Slane!!!!!!
    FooFighters_MiltonKeynes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Not sure what I'd go to Slane (again) for...but Kings of Leon and Muse would not be on the list.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

SB-08 wrote: »
    The KOL headlining the 30th Anniversary based on one big album and only two huge radio hits? What an absolute joke. It will be full of teenage girls there to sing Sex on Fire and Use Somebody. And to think Henry snubbed Bon Jovi as not being suitable? Is he going a bit batty?:p I am not Jovi fan but they at least have loads of songs to make for a great gig and the 80,000 singing along. If Muse are there too it gives the line up more credibility but if true it is surely the most predictable line up ever? And who would go on last - Muse are bigger than the KOL - they are on Wembley Stadium level so it's a joke if they are the support act.

To think the last time U2 headlined they had the RHCP and Coldplay supporting.:cool:

2 huge albums now, but I'd pretty much agree with you about KOL. Anyhoo, if you don't like them, don't go. Slane isn't the only gig around. KOL will sell tickets and maybe even sell out Slane. That's the bottom line for LHMC.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

novarock wrote: »
    Like who? The slane headliners have always been pop rock..

I'd hardly call the 1992 line up of Guns n Roses pop rock.

I use to love going to Slane when I was in my teens and would love to go again. But it'll take more than Kings Of Watching Paint Dry to entice me to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I hope if it is KOL Muse dont support them

That would never happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

SB-08 wrote: »
    The KOL headlining the 30th Anniversary based on one big album and only two huge radio hits? What an absolute joke. It will be full of teenage girls there to sing Sex on Fire and Use Somebody. And to think Henry snubbed Bon Jovi as not being suitable? Is he going a bit batty?:p I am not Jovi fan but they at least have loads of songs to make for a great gig and the 80,000 singing along. If Muse are there too it gives the line up more credibility but if true it is surely the most predictable line up ever? And who would go on last - Muse are bigger than the KOL - they are on Wembley Stadium level so it's a joke if they are the support act.

To think the last time U2 headlined they had the RHCP and Coldplay supporting.:cool:

Agree totally. How Slane has come down in the world. Now the days of great bands replaced by KOL.

They should support Muse. That I agree with. Muse are a lot more popular in England than they are here though.

Like who considers KOL a great band with great songs? Apart from Teeny boppers and Women with the usual bad taste?

Slane has been associated with great bands with great songs. I just do not see how a pop act like KOL can fit it.

JayJay10 wrote: »

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSMWrGmvI_VTQbuZ9Xk8LoUVvLQNCwygFe5h42CPUUMBvFjOA&t=1&usg=__Pieo3EjZJvsPcROJRZgmz7Hp3mo=

That looks like I said Bellamy is one of the greatest guitarist around. Can you edit that please. I do not want to be associated with such rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Guns n Roses perhaps :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

NickDrake wrote: »
    That looks like I said Bellamy is one of the greatest guitarist around. Can you edit that please. I do not want to be associated with such rubbish.

Fixed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

It'll be an absolute shame if its King of Leon, I'm hoping for a bit of Tom Petty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Jesus fellas are getting very animated over the whole subject! If you don't like the bands that are playing just don't go!! Simple as!

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Jesus fellas are getting very animated over the whole subject! If you don't like the bands that are plan just don't go!! Simple as!

We are right to. Slane is more than just a concert.

It is a shame to see band that are solely driven by money and marketed to sick levels being given the chance to perform at Slane.

It is an insult to previous bands/artists.

That is what people are giving out about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkwhite

RADIOHEAD WOULD BE:D

We've had the likes of

- Queen
    - Bruce
    - Original Guns n Roses
    - Rolling Stones

do you really think in 25 years time people will be saying and remember kings of leon? And haven't they over saturated the Irish market as it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

NickDrake wrote: »
    We are right to. Slane is more than just a concert.

It is a shame to see band that are solely driven by money and marketed to sick levels being given the chance to perform at Slane.

It is an insult to previous bands/artists.

That is what people are giving out about.

Madonna, Rolling Stones, Bryan Adams and Robbie Williams have all headlined Slane in recent years.

Guns n Roses , and Thin Lizzy, were the Kings of Leon of their day, ie. commerical rock for the masses.

Slane isn't more than concert.
    it's a money-making venture for MCD, and always has been.

as for the announcement today, i can't see Muse supporting tbh. KoL are pretty much 100% though, been mentioned by people in the know for the last 6 weeks in various places.

yea and we have also had Bryan Adams, Stereophonics, Robbie Williams and Madonna!!

Madonna, Rolling Stones, Bryan Adams and Robbie Williams have all headlined Slane in recent years.

Guns n Roses , and Thin Lizzy, were the Kings of Leon of their day, ie. commerical rock for the masses.

Slane isn't more than concert.
    it's a money-making venture for MCD, and always has been.

as for the announcement today, i can't see Muse supporting tbh. KoL are pretty much 100% though, been mentioned by people in the know for the last 6 weeks in various places.

It has held some legendary concerts over the years and not just all about the money. That is what made it different that other concerts.

I would not EVER compare KOL to Thin Lizzy. People will not be going on about KOL in 20 years time. Thin Lizzy will still be talked about in 20 years time.

They were totally different. Lizzy were not a marketed pop brand.

KOL 28th may slane

yea and we have also had Bryan Adams, Stereophonics, Robbie Williams and Madonna!!

I agree. They were shockers. I would consider KOL more pop and more of a marketing brand though.

They were totally different. Lizzy were not a marketed pop brand.[/QUOTE]

neither are kings of leon! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkwhite

slane in may?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

kol_642x328.jpg

Kings of Leon have confirmed that they will headline Slane Castle on Saturday 28th of May celebrating 30 years of concerts at the historical Co. Meath venue.

TICKET INFORMATION
    Tickets priced €79.00 inclusive of booking fee are on sale from 8am on Friday 5th November
    In person: from 100 Ticketmaster outlets nationwide
    24hr hotlines: Tel: ( ROI ) 0818 719 300 ( NI ) 0844 277 4455
    Buy online: www.ticketmaster.ie
    Tickets are limited to 8 per person. Under 16s must be accompanied by parent/guardian 25 or over.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

I heard it's gonna be the Gorillas with support from Blur, The Good, The Bad and the Queen and Damon Albarn :rolleyes:

Meanwhile I kinda wish to See Prince do a big one here after the Croke Park fiasco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Tickets on sale 5th November?

Same morning as Foo Fighters in Milton Keynes go on sale. KOL fangirls better not crash the fúcking website.

allanb49 wrote: »
    We've had the likes of

- Queen
    - Bruce
    - Original Guns n Roses
    - Rolling Stones

do you really think in 25 years time people will be saying and remember kings of leon? And haven't they over saturated the Irish market as it is?

Theyre not that big in the US which is why theyre over here and the UK so often
    neither are kings of leon! :P
    You keep believing that.You honestly thing they changed so much in the space of one album all on their own accord?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,666 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think The Script might also be added as a support act

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hamstercrusher

Awwww Kings of S**t?? Spent a couple of summers of my younger years at Slane was hopin to go back but screw that, Ill set up a speaker in the back yard and play some proper music with a slightly warm beer in a plastic cup in my hand and relive the glory days :cool:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Oh sweet zombie jesus!Thats it.The world is fcuked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

That's me sold...

• Advertisement

Why are they so popular over here, They have one or two catchy songs but i think they've played here 5 times in 2 or three years. From a business point of view they will sell out and are bankable, and guess that's all that matters these days.

Advertisement