Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - Slane Castle - 28 May 2011 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

3 in the last 4 years ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

TT09 wrote: »
    3 in the last 4 years ?

4 finals since 1968

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AineQ

Anybody know how you'd go about trying to get pit passes for the day??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Show up early?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Julybreeze wrote: »
    I camped here in 2009:
    http://www.slanefarmhostel.ie/slane-farm-hostel.asp#tab3
    Would highly recommend it, it's family run and they're really decent. Why not e-mail them and tell them you'll have a smallie with you and I'd say they'll reserve you a spot in a quiet corner.
    Good luck and I hope you both enjoy it!

Thanks for that, spoke to them today and booked in...looks like a nice spot:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MB1380

Whats the story with road closures, is it possible to drive to this carpark on the saturday from the navan side ya? http://castleparkslane.com/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jack31

hey folks,

i'm thinking of heading for slane on the 28th but haven't got the tickets yet. the thing is i don't want to buy them now cause i'm not sure if i can go until the very last moment.

do you think it will be possible to buy the tickets at the venue at reasonable prices (face value or close)? how long in advance should you turn up to be able to snatch them? i've been to different gigs in dub and generally it wasn't an issue for bigger events (metallica in marlay park 2008 or u2 in croker 2009) but obviously with all the hype around KoL + 30th anniversary the demand may be huge. any predictions?

thanks

jack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

jack31 wrote: »
    hey folks,

i'm thinking of heading for slane on the 28th but haven't got the tickets yet. the thing is i don't want to buy them now cause i'm not sure if i can go until the very last moment.

do you think it will be possible to buy the tickets at the venue at reasonable prices (face value or close)? how long in advance should you turn up to be able to snatch them? i've been to different gigs in dub and generally it wasn't an issue for bigger events (metallica in marlay park 2008 or u2 in croker 2009) but obviously with all the hype around KoL + 30th anniversary the demand may be huge. any predictions?

thanks

jack

Its risky business not getting them until the event. Highly doubt people will sell them at face value when they know they can get much more. You need to be there early as the roads in Slane get closed down for the day due the hight traffic volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

MB1380 wrote: »
    Whats the story with road closures, is it possible to drive to this carpark on the saturday from the navan side ya? http://castleparkslane.com/index.html

Depends where ur coming from Id say..

We used that Carpark few years back..U can drive right to it using the N3..Definitely the best for getting into the Castle(10 Minute Walk Max)..Had a few drinks before we headed in knowing we were only few minutes away..VIP Helicoptors landing right over your head..

..BUT a DISASTER to get out of..We walked up the Hill just as the the last song was starting to get a headstart but were told we had to wait as the VIPs were leaving:(

By far the best and quickest way in and out was 2009(Oasis) ..Up M50..turned off for Airport onto M1..Drove to Boyne Toll Bridge..thru that and took left for Slane..about 45 mins from South Dub in total..Carpark was very near Slane Village..20 Min Walk to Castle..

Def worth the few Euros on the Toll to avoid all the grief people went through that year gettin out of there..

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭briancarr82

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

hey folks,

thanks

jack

I imagine it'll be more difficult to get one at face value on the day, you'll probably have travelled quite far and the touts know you need a ticket (where as in a city you may just be chancing your arm but be willing to go home). Lots will probably pop up a few days before online.

hey folks,

thanks

jack
    Check adverts.ie saw loads up there earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

how come they havent put out starting time for kings of leon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

ncc98071 wrote: »
    how come they havent put out starting time for kings of leon?

It's only decided on the day or sometimes a few days in advance, any gig that puts it out before then is provisional.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

thaught it might be because they hadnt decided about showing chmapions league final!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

ncc98071 wrote: »
    thaught it might be because they hadnt decided about showing chmapions league final!!!

I laughed so hard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nathansredarmy

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I read around 7pm cant remember where doh :( Dunno if thats the start or when KOL are on

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jack31

Check adverts.ie saw loads up there earlier

managed to reconcile the gig with my other plans so now i'm going for sure :D was trying to get the tickets via different boards but to no avail so far. i guess it will be easier on the week of the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

managed to reconcile the gig with my other plans so now i'm going for sure :D was trying to get the tickets via different boards but to no avail so far. i guess it will be easier on the week of the concert.

Plenty seem to be available here:

http://toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9963&sid=245dca55c4ea29a1166092c5c26587b5&start=315

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

I laughed so hard :D

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Doylers wrote: »
    I read around 7pm cant remember where doh :( Dunno if thats the start or when KOL are on

Think the music kicks off around 3. Doubt KOL will be on till about 8 or even 9 maybe. They're not known for the longest of sets (more's the pity!!) and any time I've been to Slane its finished up round 11... i think (its been a while:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

ttoppcat wrote: »
    Think the music kicks off around 3. Doubt KOL will be on till about 8 or even 9 maybe. They're not known for the longest of sets (more's the pity!!) and any time I've been to Slane its finished up round 11... i think (its been a while:D)

The stage times and order of acts were announced already with the exception that a start time for KOL was not confirmed. First act begins at 13:30 with gates open at 12 noon. Elbow are due on at 18:30 so I suppose KOL will begin around 20:30 (allowing a 1 hour 30min set for Elbow & a 30 min stage turn around).
    http://www.goldenplec.com/2011/05/12/kings-leon-slane-stage-times-travel-information/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The stage times and order of acts were announced already with the exception that a start time for KOL was not confirmed. First act begins at 13:30 with gates open at 12 noon. Elbow are due on at 18:30 so I suppose KOL will begin around 20:30 (allowing a 1 hour 30min set for Elbow & a 30 min stage turn around).
    http://www.goldenplec.com/2011/05/12/kings-leon-slane-stage-times-travel-information/

Id be amazed if Elbow get 90mins. Since thats nearly a headliners set. Id say they will get a 60min set

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Brother Psychosis

does anyone know if theres a bus from tullamore/general offaly area to slane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭gogul

Does anyone know if there is a bus from Swords going to Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

hey folks,

looking for some advice here on slane this year,

never been to slane or oxygen or elec picnic before, myself and the GF are going with a few of her friends and were camping at some hostel?! anyway i am looking upon ur experiences at slane or other events to ask what are the essentials to bring with u? i read a post earlier that eveyone brings wellies with them ?? anyway if u can share some advice that would be great

thanks a mill :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

ADO wrote: »
    hey folks,

looking for some advice here on slane this year,

never been to slane or oxygen or elec picnic before, myself and the GF are going with a few of her friends and were camping at some hostel?! anyway i am looking upon ur experiences at slane or other events to ask what are the essentials to bring with u? i read a post earlier that eveyone brings wellies with them ?? anyway if u can share some advice that would be great

thanks a mill :)

Wellies, rain coats, toilet roll, baby wipes and WARM clothes. Especially seen as you're camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Anyone know of buses going from drogheda?serious lack of info on the net.ticketmaster seems to only give travel info for dubs,not really helpful to rest of us!

• Advertisement

MastiffMrs wrote: »
    Anyone know of buses going from drogheda?serious lack of info on the net.ticketmaster seems to only give travel info for dubs,not really helpful to rest of us!
    I would say your best bet is to check the local private coaches, thats what I did to get mine

Advertisement