Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - Slane Castle - 28 May 2011 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Anybody planning on going to Republic of Loose and guests at the Millhouse in Slane on the Friday night? I'm planning on camping on the Friday and Saturday night and this sounds like a good way to pass the Friday night....

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

Anyone been to the vip area at slane , any good ?

thinking of heading there, as will be able to watch champions league match there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

ncc98071 wrote: »
    Anyone been to the vip area at slane , any good ?

thinking of heading there, as will be able to watch champions league match there as well

what does VIP stand for again?!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

vip=area to watch champions league final and kings of leon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

ncc98071 wrote: »
    vip=area to watch champions league final and kings of leon!!

that would make you a VIP then you lucky divil

as for the rest of us, is there any update on MCD providing a big screen showing match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I heard from a mate a while ago they werent showing it although he never said where the info came from.

And he is a UTD fan so said he would sell his ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 scutterykaks

Like many others I cant wait to go see Kings of Leon in Slane on the 28th of May, but there has been very little information released about the gig.
    I would be very grateful if i recieved some help on the following from some previous Slane goers or preferably anyone that is anyway associated with the gig.
    • Opening Times: What time do the gates open at?
    • Stage Times: What time do the acts start at?
    • The Pit: Do they give out wristbands? Is it firist come first served? How is the pit controlled?
    • DRINK: Maybe a long shot, but is it possible to bring your own in? If not, what are the prices/queues like at these gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

simple question if you leave the concert can ou get back in, and i wonder willl there be any smart locals with a generator or extension leads charging to watch the soccer, would not suprise me, they would clean up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Like many others I cant wait to go see Kings of Leon in Slane on the 28th of May, but there has been very little information released about the gig.
    I would be very grateful if i recieved some help on the following from some previous Slane goers or preferably anyone that is anyway associated with the gig.
    • Opening Times: What time do the gates open at?
    • Stage Times: What time do the acts start at?
    • The Pit: Do they give out wristbands? Is it firist come first served? How is the pit controlled?
    • DRINK: Maybe a long shot, but is it possible to bring your own in? If not, what are the prices/queues like at these gigs?
    1pm - Gates Open
    1.30 - The Whigs
    2.30 - Mona
    3.45 - White Lies
    5 - Thin Lizzy
    6.30 - Elbow
    8/9 - Kings Of Leon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

My last Slane was some time ago, but at the time there were no pit bands. You just queued and got in, and if you left, tough luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 kaz83

according to the official slane site, gates dont open till 3 and no queuing is allowed before this time, dont know how true that is. They wont let u bring drink in, ur checked at the start of slane town and again at the gate, u might be able to sneak in something small like a naggin etc but u defo wont get cans in. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

kaz83 wrote: »
    according to the official slane site, gates dont open till 3 and no queuing is allowed before this time, dont know how true that is. They wont let u bring drink in, ur checked at the start of slane town and again at the gate, u might be able to sneak in something small like a naggin etc but u defo wont get cans in. :D

Read up a few posts. First band is on at 13.30: http://www.mcd.ie/safety_notices/Kings_of_Leon_Safety_Notice.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

last time at slane for oasis we all just walked in with plastic 2 litre bottles full of booze, no one stopped us!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

Mona aren't to be missed, I was over in London for their album launch gig last night, they upped their game big time since Whelans 3 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

Anyone know a recent setlist for kings of leon or if they play much of there recent stuff? (Hopefully not)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

davedfc wrote: »
    Anyone know a recent setlist for kings of leon or if they play much of there recent stuff? (Hopefully not)

Their most recent setlist=

1. Closer
    2. Crawl
    3. Radioactive
    4. Taper Jean Girl
    5. Velvet Snow
    6. Pistol of Fire
    7. Molly's Chambers
    8. The Bucket
    9. Mi Amigo
    10. Back Down South
    11. Fans
    12. Mary
    13. The Immortals
    14. Notion
    15. No Money
    16. Four Kicks
    17. On Call
    18. Sex on Fire
    19. Use Somebody
    20. Black Thumbnail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 chelsea_F

I'm going to Slane on the 28th, but I wanted to know a few things first.
    • I'm getting dropped up via a friend, which is the best route to take so they're able to leave easily straight away, and I am not too far from the venue? I know the roads are closing so....!
    • Can you or can you not bring your own drink? Is it acceptable to bring it in if its in plastic bottles maybe? and if not, how easy is it to get drink in the venue?
    • WHAT TIME DOES IT START?! and what time should I arrive at?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭poker--addict

big screen for european final or not??

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

big screen for european final or not??

Highly unlikely, so if it's that important then you should re-consider going to the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭poker--addict

L'prof wrote: »
    Highly unlikely, so if it's that important then you should re-consider going to the gig.

united win hands down.:rolleyes: ticket for sale

😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

L'prof wrote: »

i think there will be many not going, man utd over anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

Don't mind Man united it's all about music

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

united win hands down.:rolleyes: ticket for sale
    i think there will be many not going, man utd over anything

Book a flight to London or Manchester instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

flas wrote: »
    last time at slane for oasis we all just walked in with plastic 2 litre bottles full of booze, no one stopped us!

That was a shambles for organiastion though, but we werent complaining we had whisky hidden everywhere on our bodies going in and our tickets werent even scanned so needless to say we werent searched for drink either :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kelkin

hey guys me nd my friends are heading to slane for the first time next week and we're just wondering if any one has any tips for us like should we bring chairs?whats the situation with alcohol can we bring it in or what? what time should we get the bus at the first one's at 12 is that too early? or anything else you can think of that we should know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Moved from tLL...this is the home of all threads, well, gig & event related. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kelkin

hey guys me nd my friends are heading to slane for the first time next week and we're just wondering if any one has any tips for us like should we bring chairs?whats the situation with alcohol can we bring it in or what?
    what time should we get the bus at the first one's at 12 is that too early?
    or anything else you can think of that we should know? :D:D :eek::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

kelkin wrote: »
    hey guys me nd my friends are heading to slane for the first time next week and we're just wondering if any one has any tips for us like should we bring chairs?whats the situation with alcohol can we bring it in or what?
    what time should we get the bus at the first one's at 12 is that too early?
    or anything else you can think of that we should know? :D:D :eek::confused::confused::confused:

If your camping bring whatever. If your not all your can bring into the venue is yourself really no drink or anything allowed. Get there early as your can, Im getting there Friday before dinner time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RunningBear

hey all, me and a mate are travellin up to slane from kerry for the first time,
    we are stayin in a hotel in ashbourne and i was wondering does anyone know if there is buses goin from ashbourne to the concert on the day, and if so would we want to book it or what like?

any help would be great thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 The Knight before Leon

Advertisement