Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - Slane Castle - 28 May 2011 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mouphy

With this ash cloud is there any chance KOL won't make it over? They have no gigs scheduled before Slane, so Im not sure where abouts in the world they are at right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Mouphy wrote: »
    With this ash cloud is there any chance KOL won't make it over? They have no gigs scheduled before Slane, so Im not sure where abouts in the world they are at right now
    They are in London I think at the moment, or at least en route to London

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Does anyone know if you can bring glass bottles into the campsites around Slane (e.g Newrath Stud) or is it similar to Oxegen and only plastic bottles are allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

Got a leaflet today in the post (must of been from mcd or ticketmaster) first time i ever got one of these for a concert but anyways has the usual info on it directons on it dos/donts etc also has the following info on it.
    12.00 car parks open
    1.00 concert gates open
    1.30 the whigs
    2.30 mona
    3.45 white lies
    5.00 thin lizzy
    6.30 elbow
    Does'nt say kings of leon but obviously on after elbow. Hope this is of some help to people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Does anyone know if Slane village is open? Been up at many a Slane gig and village closed. Ended up paying mad prices in the gig for slop. Ok can bring some beer & drink outside but not if it's pouring...

Does anyone know if Slane village is open? Been up at many a Slane gig and village closed. Ended up paying mad prices in the gig for slop. Ok can bring some beer & drink outside but not if it's pouring...
    Was drinking in a pub in slane 2 yrs ago when we ran out of drink. Hoping for good weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

Does anyone know if there will be access to slain village on the day of the concert? Also is it walkable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mitybuck20

any truth to the rumor that the ash cloud will prevent kings of leon flying into ireland??;(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

mitybuck20 wrote: »
    any truth to the rumor that the ash cloud will prevent kings of leon flying into ireland??;(

They will have an alternative travel plan eg taking the boat over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

They're already in London so won't be any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Question about travelling: I will be getting a lift up to Slane the morning of the gig, but the most feasable way of getting home would be Dublin Bus. Is there a difference on price or will I have to pay the full €20, even though I am just going the one way?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

Cameras anyone know the deal there? I know it says no professional audio or visual recording equipment but this is just a ****ty kodak any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Have ticketmaster dispatched the tickets yet? A friend of mine hasn't received hers and she's getting worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Have ticketmaster dispatched the tickets yet? A friend of mine hasn't received hers and she's getting worried!

Got mine months ago, booked on day they were first onsale.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

davedfc wrote: »

I'm scared to look:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

peppapig24 wrote: »
    Cameras anyone know the deal there? I know it says no professional audio or visual recording equipment but this is just a ****ty kodak any ideas?

Digital Cameras etc are fine. It's large DSLR cameras (Photographers ones) that obviously won't be allowed because they are large and could be used as a weapon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Tell your friend to go to www.ticketmaster.ie and log into "my ticketmaster" at the top right corner of the screen. She'll need her email address and password from the time she booked. Just follow the steps. From there, go into Order details and it will say whether the tickets have been dispatched (which by now they should have). If she hasn't received them by tomorrow lunchtime, I would give them a ring. It's possible they got lost in the post. Ticketmaster can cancel the originals and issue new email tickets with new bar codes, rendering the original tickets useless (just in case they got into the wrong hands) and the new email tickets valid. Also they may tell your friend to call to the ticketmaster help desk which will be located somewhere around the main gates to collect tickets if the email option isn't available to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 davidpij

Anybody know what situation is with buses from navan to slane on sat? Is there anything on the web?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sc000by

davedfc wrote: »

Oh well - at least it will be warm-ish!

slaneWeather.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

MT's weather predictions for Sat:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72423412&postcount=2081
    FRIDAY ... Variable cloud, more sun in south than elsewhere, westerly breezes 15-30 mph, showers arriving late in day in Connacht and spreading to Ulster overnight. Highs 14-17 C, highest in south and east.

SATURDAY ... Morning showers mostly north of Galway to Dublin, then partly cloudy, breezy, morning lows 6-9 C and afternoon highs 12-15 C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sc000by

12:00 CAR PARKS OPEN

13.00 CONCERT GATES OPEN

13:30 THE WHIGS

14.30 MONA

15.45 WHITE LIES

17.00 THIN LIZZY

18.30 ELBOW :)))

Followed by KINGS OF LEON!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

They arrived in Dublin last night so no bothers there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Im sure its been asked before so apologies (i did go back a few pages but culdnt see anything), but would anyone know the best place to park?

planning on driving from malahide and parking up at 3ish. So any route suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Does anyone know if there's a shuttle bus to Slane from Navan like there was in previous years?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

hoping it's Madonna:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

mark182 wrote: »
    only 1 song off the first album .disgraceful. my favourite band that play none of my favourite songs live any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I've been trying to sell tickets for this gig for the last week! this seems to be the most unanticipated slane in years, I think that the organizers will need to do a better job next year in picking the line up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

I don't know what to wear with these showers forecast. Don't want to be traipsing around all day with a rain jacket and don't want to be soaked. Equally confused on the footwear. Anyone care to guess if it will be very muddy?

Advertisement