Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - Slane Castle - 28 May 2011 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

I don't really think RHCP can sell 80,000 tickets anymore without a really strong support bill. I think Gaga could do 80,000 in Dublin, but not so sure about in Slane as a good chunk of her fan base is under 16. Would love to see the Boss headline. Foo Fighters could well be a shout too.

RCHP will have a new album, so if that one is as good as by the way, yeah it could be!
    Don't think FF's could do it as they're playing Oxegen this year already.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddytee

Was wondering if anybody can help me here, Does anybody know the name of the song that was used for KOL intro onto the stage before they went into Four Kicks? Song was awesome but have no clue what it is ! :D
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

Thats the stupidest comment I've read yet. What exactly are you basing that generalisation on and why does the fact that it's held in Leinster instantly attract scumbags?

The only row I saw all day was when four lads from Cork started kicking the crap out of each other in one of the pubs.

Ugh you are some pain. I said not everybody from Leinster is like that. And are you fecking blind? The minute you step near the Pale theres tracksuits tucked into socks and full polyester adidas shell suits. The fact it was in Leinster means they don't have to spend their hard earned dole money on a bus journey across the country. Like I said I don't want to argue with somebody who can't see something thats blatantly obvious, so giddy up and away on your high horse mate because I couldn't be arsed listening to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

Would an Artic Monkeys Kasabian double bill fill it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

thesultan wrote: »
    Would an Artic Monkeys Kasabian double bill fill it

Not even close Id say

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ugh you are some pain. I said not everybody from Leinster is like that. And are you fecking blind? The minute you step near the Pale theres tracksuits tucked into socks and full polyester adidas shell suits. The fact it was in Leinster means they don't have to spend their hard earned dole money on a bus journey across the country. Like I said I don't want to argue with somebody who can't see something thats blatantly obvious, so giddy up and away on your high horse mate because I couldn't be arsed listening to ya

Cop on, would ya. If you think these people only exist in Leinster your blind.

Please don't make another stupid generalisation like that again. If that's what you believe fair enough but it would be better if you just didn't post rather than spout that crap. It's off topic and not particularly appreciated. So consider this the warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

What was the setlist the other night if anyone has it?

U2 would fill it. Not many others, Coldplay? Adele could maybe but with a huge support bill

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

U2 would fill it. Not many others, Coldplay? Adele could maybe but with a huge support bill

1. Four Kicks
    2. Taper Jean Girl
    3. The Bucket
    4. Spiral Staircase
    5. McFearless
    6. The Immortals
    7. Revelry
    8. Fans
    9. Back Down South
    10. Sex on Fire
    11. Crawl
    12. My Party
    13. Happy Alone
    14. Charmer
    15. Notion
    16. Cold Desert
    17. Closer
    18. Pyro
    19. Mary
    20. Molly's Chambers
    21. Mi Amigo
    22. No Money
    23. Radioactive
    24. On Call
    25. Trani
    26. Encore:
    27. The Runner
      (Caleb Solo)
    28. Manhattan
    29. Use Somebody
    30. Black Thumbnail

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

I think This a brilliant setlist from KOL. It is very well balanced with great tracks picked from all their records. Everybody will hav their favourite album but the band cant be accused of not catering for all their fans taste. Obviously they were always going to have a higher proportion from the newer album and thats justified.

To be honest If you didnt enjoy that KOL concert with that setlist in that setting with that performace, i think you probably need to find a new band to like or go see live and there is loads out there !

Irish audiences need to get over wanting bands telling them they are having the night of their lives etc etc etc. Robbie Williams and Elbow do that thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Adele?! What the **** are you smoking? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Adele?! What the **** are you smoking? :P

I'd love to see her live, but she couldn't hack Slane!

L'prof wrote: »
    I'd love to see her live, but she couldn't hack Slane!
    That and at the moment she is pretty much a one hit wonder. And that one hit does my head in! Maybe give her 3 or 4 more decent albums before offering a support slot, but headline, not a hope in hell.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Cop on, would ya. If you think these people only exist in Leinster your blind.

Please don't make another stupid generalisation like that again. If that's what you believe fair enough but it would be better if you just didn't post rather than spout that crap. It's off topic and not particularly appreciated. So consider this the warning.

Jesus christ it wasn't that much of a generalisation. i had already said i didn't think everyone was like that. and i also said its not just leinster. if you're gonna warn me at least read the whole thing if you're supposed to be a MOD. I wasn't the first to generalise the crowd as scumbags, I didn't even think it was all scumbags. FFS. Warning noted too. I'l try not to diffuse situations in future I'll leave it to the MODs to do there jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 optimised

I know this is probably a little put of context and random but I am defo the biggest kings of leon fan ever. I loved them long before sex on fire and will love them long after the hype. They are one of the few bands that I love more than anything in the world and I have never gotten the opportunity to see them :(:(:( But I still think they are exceptional live and in everything they create. Caleb's voice is extraordinary. One day I will see them. One day, and it will probably be the best day ever :D

optimised wrote: »
    I know this is probably a little put of context and random but I am defo the biggest kings of leon fan ever. I loved them long before sex on fire and will love them long after the hype. They are one of the few bands that I love more than anything in the world and I have never gotten the opportunity to see them :(:(:( But I still think they are exceptional live and in everything they create. Caleb's voice is extraordinary. One day I will see them. One day, and it will probably be the best day ever :D

Why couldn't you make Slane?

Why couldn't you make Slane?

Work were being dicks and wouldn't give me the time off. I have never regretted anything more in my life :(

Work were being dicks and wouldn't give me the time off. I have never regretted anything more in my life :(

Shoulda called in sick. Just made sure you didn't go near Facebook afterwards and avoided cameras. Don't mean to be a dick either(though according to evryone on here I am) but you missed out bad. Great set, great show, great band.

Shoulda called in sick. Just made sure you didn't go near Facebook afterwards and avoided cameras. Don't mean to be a dick either(though according to evryone on here I am) but you missed out bad. Great set, great show, great band.

I know I know..i live on in jealousy BUT i listened to all the KOL albums loud and in order that night..not to make up for it but it helped..hopefully they will be back soonish again..i will sell my left leg to go next time :D Is your name (biffy) in reference to the band? If so...AWESOME...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Joeface

and another one , optimised your as bad as my prettier half , She has been beaming since Sat. If you do get to see them, live , The KOL illness gets worse , I have seen it first hand.

But it was a good show , and I'm not a fan (said that already I know )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

That and at the moment she is pretty much a one hit wonder. And that one hit does my head in! Maybe give her 3 or 4 more decent albums before offering a support slot, but headline, not a hope in hell.

I strongly disagree with that, she has 2 albums out and plenty of great songs. Anyway, I don't think she'd be suited to Slane even if she didn't have the fears.

• Advertisement

I know I know..i live on in jealousy BUT i listened to all the KOL albums loud and in order that night..not to make up for it but it helped..hopefully they will be back soonish again..i will sell my left leg to go next time :D Is your name (biffy) in reference to the band? If so...AWESOME...:D

You jelly man? :p I'd say it will be awhile before they're back, but when there do come back "I'll be there!" :pac: And yes, yes it is reference to Biffy Clyro. Quite a different animal to the Kings, but I still love em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

I'd say it will be awhile before they're back

doubt it, they are HUGE in Ireland. have played 8 shows in ireland in the last 4 years, they are a huge cash cow for MCD

2007 - Oxegen
    27/11/2007 - RDS
    28/11/2007 - RDS
    2008 - Oxegen
    19/12/2008 - O2
    2009 - Oxegen
    11/12/2009 - O2
    Slane - 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

doubt it, they are HUGE in Ireland. have played 8 shows in ireland in the last 4 years, they are a huge cash cow for MCD

2007 - Oxegen
    27/11/2007 - RDS
    28/11/2007 - RDS
    2008 - Oxegen
    19/12/2008 - O2
    2009 - Oxegen
    11/12/2009 - O2
    Slane - 2010

Didn't know the headlined slane last year. I think all of Ireland missed the 2010 slane concert :pac:

I reckon they will headline Oxegen 2011 with the Killers is something. We will be seeing them very soon.

2007 - Oxegen
    27/11/2007 - RDS
    28/11/2007 - RDS
    2008 - Oxegen
    19/12/2008 - O2
    2009 - Oxegen
    11/12/2009 - O2
    Slane - 2010

Damn you just decided to make up gigs! haha

sorry slane 2011 :D still not sure what year it is!

it would be a shame if the killers and/or KOL co headline oxegen again next year, both have headlined it twice in the last 4 years! get in some different acts. ACDC would be class, but id rather see them in a stand alone gig :D

You jelly man? :p I'd say it will be awhile before they're back, but when there do come back "I'll be there!" :pac: And yes, yes it is reference to Biffy Clyro. Quite a different animal to the Kings, but I still love em

Yes a jelly woman :P I'm going to america next summer, i may go in search of them :P Coolios..Biffy are unreal, saw them live twice..exceptional...love them..but like kings of leon, one album has made them more popular than any of the others..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

2007 - Oxegen
    27/11/2007 - RDS
    28/11/2007 - RDS
    2008 - Oxegen
    19/12/2008 - O2
    2009 - Oxegen
    11/12/2009 - O2
    Slane - 2010

And did they play an O2 gig a few months back or around x-mas last year. it was an "intimate" gig

And did they play an O2 gig a few months back or around x-mas last year. it was an "intimate" gig
    The guy just has his dates wrong. They only played Oxegen in 2009, the the O2 on the 11th of December 2010, then Slane this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 nextbestintown

Oh look at you on your mighty high horse, "anyone that wasn't piss off after going to it has some questions to ask of their moral fibres....". Sorry not all of us like your cool underated music like you, and that some of us like to drink, therefore were animals. Do me a favor and let other people enjoy themselves without having to condescend them. If you continue on like that in real life, you'll just be known as a dooche, like you are right now.

I had a good time. I enjoyed myself. I'm not mad into KOL, but still enjoyed them, and thought they put on a good show. Support acts were excellent. I didn't see a problem with drink ques, but bare in mind I didn't que at the busiest of hours.

The only reason I'd have to question my moral fibres is if I had to listen to people like you who didn't go to the concert go on and on like this.

I attended the gig you fool. Why would i be commenting otherwise. I'm sure you enjoyed listening to "Sex on Fires"

I have nothing against people enjoying themselves but how can you when animals are pissing on other concert goers and making a danger of themselves before a note has been struck? Tell me that... go on.

• Advertisement

The guy just has his dates wrong. They only played Oxegen in 2009, the the O2 on the 11th of December 2010, then Slane this year

spot on :)

Advertisement