Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - Slane Castle - 28 May 2011 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

optimised wrote: »
    Yes a jelly woman :P I'm going to america next summer, i may go in search of them :P Coolios..Biffy are unreal, saw them live twice..exceptional...love them..but like kings of leon, one album has made them more popular than any of the others..

Whoops my bad :o I don't know if I'd like them that much in America, at least in Ireland a good few people know Aha, Youth&Young Manhood and Because of the Times. Over there they only got big after Only By The Night. Only Revolutions did make Biffy big, but I still think its a good album. Though I don't think they can better Puzzle:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Bruce Springsteen and Arcade Fire are very very alike, they both fit in the same genre of music, they've both collaborated together, they're both bringing out new albums this year and next year. They both have a massive fan base both separately and combined, hence selling it out in minutes! WHY NOT? :)

Bring Bruce back to the Castle and re-live the magic! :D

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bruce-Springsteen-for-Slane-2012-with-Arcade-Fire-support/196917770354799?ref=ts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

^ Why put such a great gig in such a terrible venue? Have it somewhere normal and more accessible, cutting down on the completely avoidable hardship, and ill support the cause

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Not to rain on any parade - I love the idea of that billing very much, as you can imagine - but Arcade Fire don't have a new album forthcoming this year, and I've got a hunch that they're unlikely to tour The Suburbs beyond this winter.

nm wrote: »
    ^ Why put such a great gig in such a terrible venue? Have it somewhere normal and more accessible, cutting down on the completely avoidable hardship, and ill support the cause

No way man, Bruce made Slane for what it is, he loves the venue, he visits it everytime he is in Ireland. It's an excellent venue, Just people don't like having to travel far. It's way better than Punchestown.
    Not to rain on any parade - I love the idea of that billing very much, as you can imagine - but Arcade Fire don't have a new album forthcoming this year, and I've got a hunch that they're unlikely to tour The Suburbs beyond this winter.

They do have a new album coming out :) If you listen to every interview they are in this year, they are talking about the new album they're bringing out next year "It won't be like Suburbs, It'll be more like Neon Bible or Funeral" :)
    Then they're stopping for a bit because Win and Regine want to make babies after!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

To add some more rain to it, Bruce and the E Street band are not touring at the moment there was some rumours at the start of the year about a possible solo tour this summer, but that seems dead.

I attended the gig you fool. Why would i be commenting otherwise. I'm sure you enjoyed listening to "Sex on Fires"

I have nothing against people enjoying themselves but how can you when animals are pissing on other concert goers and making a danger of themselves before a note has been struck? Tell me that... go on.

No I just stood there and looked at the floor when that song came on. . . Don't be so prejudice when it comes to music. KOL are probably the most mainstream band I like. Everything beyond that on my iPod is like "who is this?" when people read it.

I don't recall any animals pissing on me? or making a danger of themselves? Even then, is that not every outdoor concert? Like it's not the venue's fault people doing that. I saw no trouble this year really. Have you never been to Oxegen?

They do have a new album coming out :) If you listen to every interview they are in this year, they are talking about the new album they're bringing out next year "It won't be like Suburbs, It'll be more like Neon Bible or Funeral" :)
    Then they're stopping for a bit because Win and Regine want to make babies after!

Whoa there chief. The bass player mentioned that they've started scratching out some new stuff, but they put two or three years into each album thus far, so I wouldn't be expecting a new LP this side of at least 2014, meself. In the meantime, they're releasing The Suburbs as part of the short film's release, and I'd be hugely surprised to see them tour three years in a row.

Whoa there chief. They're started plugging away on new songs, but they put two or three years into each album thus far, so I wouldn't be expecting a new LP this side of at least 2014, meself.

No, no seriously look up the interviews, they said they don't want to do the three year gap, they just want release it next year and then go on a small hiatus. If you still don't believe, even tweet @arcadefiretube and ask him, he knows EVERYTHING about them!

I'm one of the folks who posts from @arcadefiretube. :)

I know they've been optimistic about breaking the three year cycle, but they said as much for the last two albums, so I'm a little dubious about that. Besides which, they're going to be touring right up until the end of this summer at least - I don't think there's a hope of them having a whole album written, recorded, mastered and released this time next year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No, no seriously look up the interviews, they said they don't want to do the three year gap, they just want release it next year and then go on a small hiatus. If you still don't believe, even tweet @arcadefiretube and ask him, She knows EVERYTHING about them!

FYP

hehe, this is rather amusing. When it comes it AF, jill is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 optimised

Whoops my bad :o I don't know if I'd like them that much in America, at least in Ireland a good few people know Aha, Youth&Young Manhood and Because of the Times. Over there they only got big after Only By The Night. Only Revolutions did make Biffy big, but I still think its a good album. Though I don't think they can better Puzzle:rolleyes:

I'd love them anywhere, i would know the albums and thats the main thing :) Only by the night has some serious songs though example: Crawl. I love that album, biffys i mean, they are such a great band. Saw them twice and each time they blew my mind :D

optimised wrote: »
    I'd love them anywhere, i would know the albums and thats the main thing :) Only by the night has some serious songs though example: Crawl. I love that album, biffys i mean, they are such a great band. Saw them twice and each time they blew my mind :D

Only By The Night was their first album I bought. Has some great tracks: Crawl, Closer and Cold Desert (my favourite from any record). But once I'd got the previous 3 I realised they were such a good band even before that. Biffy are just nut cases on stage I've only seen them at Oxegen10 but won't forget it :D KOL, Biffy and Foo Fighters are my top 3 (the order changes a lot) and if I could see those 3 in the space of 12 months I could die happy :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Only By The Night was their first album I bought. Has some great tracks: Crawl, Closer and Cold Desert (my favourite from any record). But once I'd got the previous 3 I realised they were such a good band even before that. Biffy are just nut cases on stage I've only seen them at Oxegen10 but won't forget it :D KOL, Biffy and Foo Fighters are my top 3 (the order changes a lot) and if I could see those 3 in the space of 12 months I could die happy :D

Ill be seeing them in the space of one day in July :D

Aww dude really? thank god ya didn't say you bought it for Sex on fire or Use somebody :p Crawl is my favourite off that album but i also love revelry and be somebody. I saw them at oxe10 too and they rocked it :) Yes they are my top 3 aswell surprisingly enough, i also love muse though! loving the new foo fighters album, nearly completely recorded live, shows what a great band they are. Can't wait for them at Oxegen 11 :D

WHERE? OXEGEN?

Damn it where? Tell me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭bren2001

Damn it where? Tell me!

Support for Foo Fighters at Milton Keynes.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/others2011/foofighters_mk/lineup.shtml

I am assuming this is where they will be seen.

bren2001 wrote: »

Your soooo lucky, I was looking to see maybe biffy would play oxegen but they are already playing somewhere on the saturday and sunday and in that case i will rule out friday, soooo sad :(

bren2001 wrote: »

Me gusta

• Advertisement

Me gusta

Incredibly jealous :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cant wait for it :D:D:D:D Have been looking forward to it since tickets went on sale and the fact we will prob get a 2 hour set or more will make it more sweeter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

So how was the concert? I was supposed to go see Oasis at Slane a few years ago and I sold my ticket and I'm kind of glad I did as it sounded like the organisation and everything was a joke. Was it any better for KOL? Was there still a 45 minute queue for the bar?

Maybe I'm getting old, but I'm at the point now where I can't be arsed travelling very far to go to outdoor concerts. Although I'm only in Dublin so I guess Slane isn't that far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lfc84

We travelled by coach from Belfast, and there was a lack of signage at the entrance to both the town of Slane and the venue. There was no indication of how far the venue was from the coach park nor how long the walk might take. This was our first visit to Slane and we are from Isle of Man so we had no knowledge about the town or venue or what to expect.

We discovered that the town itself was in effect sealed off and seemed to be quite a walk to reach the venue. This meant we misjudged our arrival time at the venue.

When we reached the venue there was no signage to indicate that there were a couple of entrances adjacent to the temporary phone masts this resulted in a bottleneck at the first entrance that people came to.

The queuing system at the entrance for bar code readers was inadequate and people were able to push their way towards to the front and I am surprised that a crush didn’t develop. I dread to think what the crush or chaotic scenes were like at the busier entrance.

The entrance was a downward slope, so had people pushed, things could have easily got out of hand. (compare to 2009)

Once inside the venue we found the queues for the bar to be about 40 minutes (at best). People were intermittently stopped from joining the back of the bar queue by stewards using moveable fencing panels which resulted in people pushing against these movable fence panels to try and get to the back of the queue.

They need more bar queues, or more bars in order to alleviate this problem.

On our last visit to the bar at about 830pm once we actually reached the bar itself we found it was 3 people deep and there was no control over people leaving the individual queues in order to approach the bar. This resulted in a crush.

Finally the concert itself. If you were more than half way back the sound was awful. The bass travelled but the vocals were just ‘lost’. The vocals were not loud enough to make out what was being sung if you were towards the centre or rear. There should have been repeat speakers towards the centre of the amphitheatre or at the rear of the venue (pointing inwards toward the crowd) and the video screens should have also been located further back or have more of them.

I anticipate that due to the poor audio visual experience this resulted in many people deciding to sit in the field towards the rear of the venue and chat or drink rather than watch the bands perform. It was nigh on impossible to move forward sufficiently to address the audio visual problem due to the volume of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Kings of Leon about to be shown live at the Isle of Wight Festival on sky channel 243 for anyone interested.

Kings of Leon about to be shown live at the Isle of Wight Festival on sky channel 243 for anyone interested.

Sky Anytime yo

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddytee

Month late here but the KOL footage from Mtv has been released and it's uploaded here on youtube. Im sure one or two will enjoy it.

sex on fire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNRoUiARO-U
    back down south http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiN-rg9uTj4
    the immortals http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feMqTK5cIzc
    mcfearless http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyj_bUghEI0
    spiral staircase http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PUVZgc07H4
    taper jean girl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd2sOfjgsSs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

Good man paddy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭DirtyLeeds

Jesus christ.

You'd have thought they'd have looked a bit more enthusiastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭myleftfoot

For gods sake man, they are a good live band. They may not spend half an hour asking you do you enjoy the rain, they may not roll around on stage but they sure as hell put everything into their shows and usually play immaculately. Somebody yesterday said to me its like one of their albums only better and I personally think that that is pretty damn good

They are terrible terrible live band

Advertisement