Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - Slane Castle - 28 May 2011 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think The Script might also be added as a support act

Oh dear god!! It gets worse and worse. Now a boy band for Slane.

allanb49 wrote: »
    Why are they so popular over here, They have one or two catchy songs but i think they've played here 5 times in 2 or three years. From a business point of view they will sell out and are bankable, and guess that's all that matters these days.

Marketing? Women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkwhite

Kings of leon officially confirmed by mcd. http://www.facebook.com/mcd.productions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

They have 5 studio albums. Not just 2 songs FFS. Each album is quality although the difference between Youth and Young Manhood and Come Around Sundown is stark.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

The Script are perfect to support KOL. Very similar fanbases I suspect.:D

It really is ridiculous that KOL are headlining on the 30th Anniversary. Fine had they done it this year (had it been held this year) but next year should be something very special and one of my the best line ups ever but it looks set to be among the worst.

What does Henry have to say for himself about this I wonder?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Kings of Leon and The Script? Ewwww, it'll be the same crowd as the Take That gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

what a dissapointment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkwhite

I can see it now,
    Kings of leon + The Strokes.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It should've been U2 with KOL supporting IMO. With U2 playing Glasto they'll have a show ready to go and all. Maybe they'll spring a surprise?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 99 ✭✭Royal Dub

KOL, The script, Michael Bubble all doing a festival in Aushwitz

Any takers?

• Advertisement

SB-08 wrote: »
    The Script are perfect to support KOL. Very similar fanbases I suspect.:D

It really is ridiculous that KOL are headlining on the 30th Anniversary. Fine had they done it this year (had it been held this year) but next year should be something very special and one of my the best line ups ever but it looks set to be among the worst.

What does Henry have to say for himself about this I wonder?:rolleyes:

Truely is shocking. Another day out for the Take That and Boyzone fans.
    Their chance to show they like 'alternative' music too.

It is an insult to Slane and concert goers to have such tripe for the 30th anniversary

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Hopefully this is the darkness before the end of the tunnel, with Bowie and Bruce coming back to tour, some decent gigs next year, I think this year has been weak with big gigs to be honest. Could be just me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

KOL are the new RHCP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

so 79 euro for 1 band better announced a good support before friday or im not buying a ticket ha

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 99 ✭✭Royal Dub

KOL are the new RHCP

With any luck, KOL are the new Lynyrd Skynyrd

KOL are the new RHCP

No way. Not a hope. Former member John Frusciante is not in any way comparable to a guitarist with KOL.

RHCP developed their sound and did not change it purely to sell albums

RHCP were not forced down out throats like KOL.

Flea a legend of a bass player. His own unique style. Bas player on KOL - not unique.

John Frusciante - A heap of solo albums and work with Omar Rodriguez and Mars Volta. - Not something a KOL member would be able to do.

RHCP had been around for years before they began to become successful. They did not sit down with a record company and decide how they can create a sound purely to make money lie KOL/

KOL are totally different.

I could go on and on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

allanb49 wrote: »
    Hopefully this is the darkness before the end of the tunnel, with Bowie and Bruce coming back to tour, some decent gigs next year, I think this year has been weak with big gigs to be honest. Could be just me though.

Bowie back on tour? Last I heard he had quietly retired after suffering a stroke a few years back that wasnt made public.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

can mcd and ticketmaster do anythigng right

mcd say 70 and 8am

ticketmaster 79 and 9am

useless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I saw KOL a fair few times, in a tent on their first year at witness/oxegen, in the TBMC, and many other times. The gigs were great, every fan singing every word of every song and the atmosphere was amazing.

Then the gig in the o2. Everyone just standing there looking at the stage in silence, until "Sex on fire" woooooohhhoooooooo sex on fire yeah these guys rock etc. Straight after that, a load of them left. The rest went back to silent mode. KOL played trani and some knob asked me "Is this a new one?"

That was my last every KOL gig

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I saw KOL a fair few times, in a tent on their first year at witness/oxegen, in the TBMC, and many other times.

Isn't that another reason why they're not suited to Slane? They play here every other month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

:( I kind of expected it when I heard they were making an announcement today as KOL announced their UK tour during the week.

I thought we were getting something special this year for the anniversary?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Doesnt really matter who plays slane if they havent learnt from the shambles in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Kinda glad its KOL headlining so I don't feel so bad about missing it. Roll on Glasto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

Strange having it before the Leaving Cert IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Anybody know if theres going to be a presale as I wont be here on friday:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

Anyone know when the supporting acts will be announced? I still might go if they're good enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It will save me money.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

I use to be a fan of RHCP but when I seen them at Slane they were complete dirt, they were blown out of the water that day by the Foos and QOTSA. I have'nt really enjoyed any RHCP stuff since, I did'nt enjoy that experience of Slane one bit and it will probably be the first and last time I go there.

As for KOL headlining, I'm sure they will sell it out but I would'nt be bothered my arse going up there to see them. Youth and Young Manhood and Aha Shake Heartbrake were awesome albums and I think their newer albums have lost the edge the first two albums had and they have a completely different sound. I don't think they should be headlining Slane because their last 2 albums have been the only mainstream success' and not everybody knows two much about their earlier work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

****e-est possible act out of the contenders, good thing though as I wont be tempted to attend that mess of an event at all next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

Slane has officially sold - out.

Advertisement