Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - Slane Castle - 28 May 2011 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkwhite

The Strokes will end up supporting....no doubt about it, new album out in march. either that or they'll headline oxegen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Darkwhite wrote: »
    The Strokes will end up supporting....no doubt about it, new album out in march. either that or they'll headline oxegen.

That would be an atrocious decision on their part

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

dagdha wrote: »
    I use to be a fan of RHCP but when I seen them at Slane they were complete dirt, they were blown out of the water that day by the Foos and QOTSA. I have'nt really enjoyed any RHCP stuff since, I did'nt enjoy that experience of Slane one bit and it will probably be the first and last time I go there.

As for KOL headlining, I'm sure they will sell it out but I would'nt be bothered my arse going up there to see them. Youth and Young Manhood and Aha Shake Heartbrake were awesome albums and I think their newer albums have lost the edge the first two albums had and they have a completely different sound. I don't think they should be headlining Slane because their last 2 albums have been the only mainstream success' and not everybody knows two much about their earlier work.

dont agree with this..i attended this concert aswell and to this day think it was the best concert ive been to ( apart from the hassle of slane itself), i have the RHCP dvd of slane and it shows how savage they were,frusciante played some serious solos and jammin sessions between songs and the atmosphere was class..the foos and QOTSA lived up to their performances but RHCP were deserved headliners though i think they made a mistake to come back so soon after..think they done phonix park the year after??could be wrong but anyway a brilliant concert..

KOL will prob sell out pending support acts but looks like it could be a pop fest with the rumours...AC/DC would have been fitting tribute for 30th anniversary..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

manic street perchers appp to ian dempsey today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Generation Terrorist

but1er wrote: »

Are you kidding me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

thats what he heard of a little birdy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Generation Terrorist

I'd well believe it. There seems to be a love in between MCD and The Manics. In the last 5 years alone they've played over here in one form or another over 15 times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

how do i get the early bird tickets?? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone else hear the rumour that Foo Fighters could also be playing Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stevemac182

If you asked me 6 years ago if Kings Of Leon would one day be able to command a headline act at Slane my answer would have been a resounding yes. The manner in which they have since sold out to become commercially successful; particularly over the last two albums; has been pathetic.

Unplug the synthesisers, lose the stupid echo on Caleb's voice, play the first two albums start to finish, stick the two fingers up at the record label and move back down South from now until the 28th May and they might just rescue it...

In the more likely event of them continuing to kneel at the altar of mainstream, writing more brain-numbing lyrics, expect the credibility of Slane to suffer badly. What next, Snow Patrol?? As for the rumours of support acts, I might get physically sick if Muse or The Strokes play before the modern-day KOL.

Wouldn't mind seeing all the "Sex On Fire" fans scratch their heads if they launched into "Trani" or "California Waiting" though.. Pity there's no chance of that happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Prodigy, Kasabian ,The Blizzards and Glasvegas are supporting KOL.

Sorry read it wrong on the kol site :(((

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

viv2 wrote: »
    Prodigy, Kasabian ,The Blizzards and Glasvegas are supporting KOL.

No there not, thats Slane 2009 line uo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

but1er wrote: »

KOL should be supporting the Manics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Alice10

is this expected to sell out friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Alice10 wrote: »
    is this expected to sell out friday?

Cant really see it selling out at all...

Unless they get someone really really huge to support them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Cant really see it selling out at all...

Unless they get someone really really huge to support them!!

But why would anyone that huge want to support them ? :confused:

I still give it a chance of selling out though, they are so mainstream now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 O-Dogg

I dont know what the big deal is. If you dont like them, dont buy a ticket, seems pretty simple to me...

Slane is always a good laugh, i'm definitely gonna try get a ticket.
    Oasis had a great support lineup in 09 so im guessing some big names will be added to the bill.

any ideas?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I could see MCD saying all tickets sold out , but then when they eventually announce some of the support acts and then release more tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Dont mcd always keep a certain number of tickets back until a few weeks before the gig??

I reckon there will still be tickets for this next may!!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

Madonna, Rolling Stones, Bryan Adams and Robbie Williams have all headlined Slane in recent years.

Guns n Roses , and Thin Lizzy, were the Kings of Leon of their day, ie. commerical rock for the masses.

Slane isn't more than concert.
    it's a money-making venture for MCD, and always has been.

as for the announcement today, i can't see Muse supporting tbh. KoL are pretty much 100% though, been mentioned by people in the know for the last 6 weeks in various places.

GNR commercial ?:confused: Appetite for Destruction is hardly "commercial" :p , UYI 1&2 had some popular chart songs but the rest is pure rock n' roll .

and Thin Lizzy ?? They didnt start in the 80's ya know , 70's Thin Lizzy were the best - Scott Gorham and Brian Robertson/Gary Moore ? Pure class and straight out Rock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Slane isn't more than concert.
    it's a money-making venture for MCD, and always has been.

I wouldn't have thought that it was anything else other than a money making venture for MCD. However, like any gig that any promoter it's also a risky venture.

Levaing aside that, Slane Castle is a great location to see a band. I've seen quite a few and worked at a few over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

anyone hear if there is going to be a golden circle? i was at the Stones a couple of years ago and when tickets went on sale you could pay more for the golden circle?
    have to say i miss the "getting there really early just to get up the front" way it used to be but still an extra few quid to get in the pit makes it seem worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Ok so thats not good that KOL are headlining :mad:, i mean surely people are getting sick of them at this stage? I mean seriously Kings of Leon? Was them headlining 2 out of the last 3 of Irelands biggest music festival not enough already?!:eek: Not to mention all the other appearances over the last few years. I wont be buying a ticket unless they announce decent support, i reckon it could be The Strokes and The Black Keys which i would be very happy with:D, (even tho kol should be supporting them). But if it turns out to be more teeny bopper stuff like The Script etc then R.I.P SLANE.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Just got my tickets in the pre-sale :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 O-Dogg

egan2020 wrote: »
    Just got my tickets in the pre-sale :)

how did you get yours??? :confused:

I NEED ONE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Anyone who's worried about The Script supporting...I'd say it's highly unlikely as they have their own gig at the Aviva next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nanif

There are rumours of foo fighters and muse. Hopefully by the grace of God this is true. Already have my tickets thanks to presale!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Just got 4 pre sale

• Registered Users Posts: 42 linkedin09

O-Dogg wrote: »

I NEED ONE!!!!!

Hey all.. try going here and click presale* after the slane gig http://www.kingsofleon.com/pages/news

Happy ticket hunting ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

O-Dogg wrote: »

I NEED ONE!!!!!

Register on www.kingsofleon.com. You'll get an email with a link to verify the account. Back in the main site click on the "news" tab at the top of the page and there should be a link to Slane presale. This directs you to the ticketmaste site. Good luck!!

Advertisement