Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings of Leon - Slane Castle - 28 May 2011 - *No tickets sales/swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 linkedin09

nanif wrote: »
    There are rumours of foo fighters and muse. Hopefully by the grace of God this is true. Already have my tickets thanks to presale!!

Where did you hear this??? how amazing would that be! Got my tix there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭billyhead

How will people know who will be supporting KOL. If its the foo fighters I would definatley go but seen as the tickets go on genreal sale tomorrow, is t worth the gamble in getting some?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

when do they announce other bands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

egan2020 wrote: »
    Register on www.kingsofleon.com. You'll get an email with a link to verify the account. Back in the main site click on the "news" tab at the top of the page and there should be a link to Slane presale. This directs you to the ticketmaste site. Good luck!!

You don't need to register. Just go on the site and click the pre sale icon and your in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

There are rumours of foo fighters and muse. Hopefully by the grace of God this is true. Already have my tickets thanks to presale!!

Realy doubt it.Theyre too big to play support to KoL.KoL would be below them both on any bill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I'll eat my hat if Muse support. As far as I know they're not even planning on doing many gigs next year. They've become too big for support slots anyway.

Isn't there a rumour coming from a legitmate source that Foofighters are headlining T in the Park next year? So they'll probably do Oxegen as well instead of Slane. Anyway FF's are a stadium band. No way are they supporting KOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Obviously this would be great but I doubt there's any truth in it. Can't see either band as a support band. Came across a site earlier which predicted The National and Mumford & Sons as possible support acts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I would go if it was Bruce supported by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, that would be the biggest concert ever.

Kings of Leon just aren't that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yeah, Foo Fighters or Muse wouldn't support Kings of Leon, so many reasons why they wouldn't... for one it looks like Muse will be off the road completely next year.

Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Vampire Weekend, Mumford and Sons... now these sound like possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Is presale not working anymore?

I went to the presale link on the KOL.com site - and it just says tickets not available? :s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

jamieh wrote: »
    Is presale not working anymore?

I went to the presale link on the KOL.com site - and it just says tickets not available? :s

It says on the ticketmaster site that presale ended at 1 oclock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nanif

Apparently it was announced on the radio this mornig that the Foos were playing Slane. Maybe the people who told me got ir wrong but there was more than one person that said it. And Muse was said on different threads so could easy be wrong. That's why their called rumours. ;) It's nice to dream though.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Does anyone remember when the support acts were announced for Slane 2009 or was it all announced together?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trebormurf

What a loada moaning & whinging. If you don't like um, then don't go. Go to Kiddiefest, I mean Oxegen. It's the 30th anniversary so I'm expecting 3-4 major bands to play Slane along with KOL.

trebormurf wrote: »
    What a loada moaning & whinging. If you don't like um, then don't go. Go to Kiddiefest, I mean Oxegen. It's the 30th anniversary so I'm expecting 3-4 major bands to play Slane along with KOL.

You wont be getting anyone that major if they have to play second fiddle to a band that cant even make it in the states

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Surely Foo Fighters would rather headline Oxegen or there own gig instead of playing before and Foo's are a stadium band now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

You wont be getting anyone that major if they have to play second fiddle to a band that cant even make it in the states

They're more popular in the States then they used to be but the pigeons over there seem to think they're shit.

They're more popular in the States then they used to be but the pigeons over there seem to think they're shit.

Pigeons are getting smarter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Yeah, Foo Fighters or Muse wouldn't support Kings of Leon, so many reasons why they wouldn't... for one it looks like Muse will be off the road completely next year.

Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Vampire Weekend, Mumford and Sons... now these sound like possibilities.

The strokes would be amazing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    The strokes would be amazing!!

No it would a terrible waste and shame if that were there only irish gig, please god no... give us a proper Strokes gig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I would go if it was Bruce supported by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, that would be the biggest concert ever.

Throw in Neil Young and that would be the greatest day of all time.

I expect Slane will be a kiddyfest also. "OMG SEX ON FIRE WOW"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

When you get to Slane, along with the 40,000 girls standing around waiting use somebody, you my friend, will be seriously dissapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

That right there is a dream!

got my presale tickets this morning. obviously sold out pretty quick cause it had it on ticketmaster on Weds that presale would end at 7am on Friday so obviously there is people buying!

im suprised he didnt announce a big support act today to try and sell it out tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭forfcksake

This would be unreal just hoping for this to be announced too . . but i'm still going to KOL . . going to q in the morning at zhivago on shop street in galway anyone got an idea of how early i should go in?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

forfcksake wrote: »
    going to q in the morning at zhivago on shop street in galway anyone got an idea of how early i should go in?

I went to Zhivagos a couple of years ago when the Stones went on sale. i went in about 7:15 or so and the doors opened at 8. and there was no bother. i got in just ahead of the rush though cause after a few minutes there was a queue down passed the Kings Head!
    I dont know if there is going to be as big as a demand tomorrow but fill up your flask of coffee and grab your umbrella and head in :) more than likely the shop will have a certain amount of tickets there so unless there is ALOT of people there you should have no problem. have ticketmaster number and Zhivagos number handy aswell just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Does anyone know why the KOL are playing in May and not August? Perhaps with it being the 30th anniverary, they'll put another gig on in August too. It might explain the Foos & Muse rumours going around? Anyone any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Penfailed

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the KOL are playing in May and not August? Perhaps with it being the 30th anniverary, they'll put another gig on in August too. It might explain the Foos & Muse rumours going around? Anyone any idea?

The Foos and Muse rumours are exactly that - rumours. There have been rumours of AC/DC playing Slane every year for the past ten years or so. Nothing has ever come of that :(

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Penfailed wrote: »
    The Foos and Muse rumours are exactly that - rumours. There have been rumours of AC/DC playing Slane every year for the past ten years or so. Nothing has ever come of that :(

Yeah, fair enough. Not too interested in either of them to be honest, was mainly wondering why Slane will be in May next year? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

For their Hyde Park show in London this summer i think they had all American support, so I think a very possible support line-up would be The Strokes, Band Of Horses, The Black Keys and an irish band on first, that would sell me a ticket. Anyone think this is a plausible line-up?! And i think its in May because there is rumours of a Glastonbury appearance in June, but they played it in 08 so i really cant see that happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

When you get to Slane, along with the 40,000 girls standing around waiting use somebody, you my friend, will be seriously dissapointed.

Can you not just go to a gig and not worry about who else is going to be there. Sure so what if 40,000 girls were there. It would make a change from a typical session in Ireland.

Advertisement