Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulting posts not dealt with by mods on numerous occasions

Options
  • 29-10-2010 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭

I havent complained up until now but i am this time.
    I have been insulted numerous occasions and reported said posts previously and when they weren't warned i said feck it and ignored it.
    This time i wont and the mods with their buddy buddy attitude with some posters who come on and can insult someones intelligence because they feel like it and get away with it is disgraceful imo.
    I am awaiting one of the mods to deal with this post that was directed at me for no reason other than pure meanness and condescending attitude.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68739111&postcount=71

This ship is good but having mods side with people because they like the poster more than other poster shows imo prejudice.

Thanks Casey.:)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You only reported that post 15 minutes ago. It's nearly one o'clock at night. Show some patience and someone will deal with it, don't run to Feedback and tar all mods with this "buddy buddy attitude" brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

TBH it is present though, know of a humorous example where myself and a friend were "arguing/debating" via a thread with one of our other friends, he walked across the hall to the forum mod (works in same place) and got one of us banned (and then unbanned later :) )

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

That thread is kind of surreal in that the two of you were talknig about completely different things (you, about a returning Irishwoman and the Irish Free State, southsiderosie about her mother's family and Illinois as far as I can gather). That you managed to keep it up for so long without either realising what the other was trying to say is more hillarious than anything.

The hog analogy would Palin to insignificance really.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

See here for my opinion on OP's numerous attempts at feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

its the internet, people are allowed do as they like, get used to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

You only reported that post 15 minutes ago. It's nearly one o'clock at night. Show some patience and someone will deal with it, don't run to Feedback and tar all mods with this "buddy buddy attitude" brush.

I posted it here so when it got ignored it would be seen,should have saved the others aswell and posted them all to prove,Certain Mods ignore insults when they want to.And for the usual ones to thank ignorance and rudness just shows them for who they are aswell ;)
    And they ignore the obvious insults towards other members because they dont march to beat of same drum.

p.s i should have said some mods sorry,Other mods i like and do great job :)

See here for my opinion on OP's numerous attempts at feedback.

So predictable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Politics needs more mods, thread on that already.

That thread is kind of surreal in that the two of you were talknig about completely different things (you, about a returning Irishwoman and the Irish Free State, southsiderosie about her mother's family and Illinois as far as I can gather). That you managed to keep it up for so long without either realising what the other was trying to say is more hillarious than anything.

The hog analogy would Palin to insignificance really.

I dont care much what she though i was on about,Point is she took it to level of insulting because she merely had nothing else to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,502 ✭✭✭✭looksee

When everyone else is out of step, its usually time to review your own marching abilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Caseyann, the specific example you quote to wasnt an insult.

It was an anecdotal analogy.

In essance southsidesaoirse is saying that she is not going to continue with that "type" of debate as its pointless,and suggests its the type of debate you like to engage in.

If she used the expression "pigs may fly" in a debate with you, she's not caling you a pig.

looksee wrote: »
    When everyone else is out of step, its usually time to review your own marching abilities.

Sorry i am quite happy and i dont get dictated to how i should think or believe or see things.I dont follow anyone elses step but my own,within line of not been insulting or condescending.
    I have opinions without expecting others to have same and if they dont decide they are out of step.
    Who told you to think?
    snyper wrote: »
    Caseyann, the specific example you quote to wasnt an insult.

It was an anecdotal analogy.

In essance southsidesaoirse is saying that she is not going to continue with that "type" of debate as its pointless,and suggests its the type of debate you like to engage in.

If she used the expression "pigs may fly" in a debate with you, she's not caling you a pig.

No it wasnt and it was a direct insult,and if i take it as an insult means it is one therefore in breach of forum rules.
    She assumed and used and insulting analogy because she couldnt further the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

caseyann wrote: »

,and if i take it as an insult means it is one therefore in breach of forum rules.

No, im sorry, that does not constitute an insult, so if i say something completely benign to you, yet for some reason you perceive it to be an insult, that makes it an insult?

Im sorry, you are completely wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

caseyann wrote: »

No it wasnt and it was a direct insult,and if i take it as an insult means it is one therefore in breach of forum rules.

No, if you percieve a post to be an insult towards you, well then you report the post. It's then up to one of the forum Mod's to decide if the reported post was in fact, personal abuse.

Which is why forum's have Moderators. It's simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Can you imagine your criteria being applied to your own posts?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

caseyanne, there is a dispute resolution procedure and forum for this kind of complaint. BEFORE you post in that forum, read the instructions. Thank you.

See here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement