Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cataclysm online pre-order

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Deal

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I got mine preordered from amazon for a bargain £17.99 which is about 20euro.

They've put the price up though.

Can't believe gamestop are charging 50euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,464 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

jayteecork wrote: »
    I got mine preordered from amazon for a bargain £17.99 which is about 20euro.

They've out the price up though.

Can't believe gamestop are charging 50euro.
    Dont be surprised if your amazon pre-order is canceled, forcing you to re-order at a raised price.

http://consumerist.com/2010/10/amazon-pricing-error-leads-to-graphics-card-preorder-cancellations.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Shaman, with BiS gear now so I won't have to change pieces too often through quests.

During beta Iv seen level 331 BoE blues that blow current best in slot away and the current consensuses shows that mob damage 81 seriously spikes up. I can see myself replacing my T10 purps very soon :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Venom wrote: »
    During beta Iv seen level 331 BoE blues that blow current best in slot away and the current consensuses shows that mob damage 81 seriously spikes up. I can see myself replacing my T10 purps very soon :(
    Kind of makes me glad i never bothered getting good gear :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

How long do you think it will take to get Realm first?

Ive taken the 7/8/9 off work as i was told i had too many holidays anyways, and have a group of about 4 or 5 people to do leveling with (and possibly dungeons).

Anyone have a best guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Im so annoyed at the dates they are releasing this. My exams are between Dec 3rd to 17th. So even if i get a really good exam time table it is smac down in the middle of the exams. Sigh, no realm first for me :<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

ic cata gonna totally revamp azeroth with regards to quests and sh1t or is it just a visual revamp?

From blizzcon 3,500 quests have been altered and added into the game.

All of the old world zones now have specific quest achivements(ie tanaris has 73 quests, north barrens has 89 quests ect)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Shougeki wrote: »
    How long do you think it will take to get Realm first?

Ive taken the 7/8/9 off work as i was told i had too many holidays anyways, and have a group of about 4 or 5 people to do leveling with (and possibly dungeons).

Anyone have a best guess?

Depends on what route you go for. We've been having this discussion within the Guild for a number of days now and the quickest way is going to be questing all the time and stick with one zone for as long as possible.

Not being on BETA myself, but 80-81, 3-4 hours, 81-82, 3-4 hours. After that 83-85 will probably take somewhere in and around 24 hours game time to do - you're talking about 3 days.

• Advertisement

the quickest way is going to be questing all the time and stick with one zone for as long as possible.

their will be 2 starting zones again for cata, like their was for wrath. But this advice here I dont like.

With the digital download occuring and the midnight release and opening servers, so much more players will be in leveling come the time servers are up. meaning starting zones will be full, more time looking for quest mobs, getting those items ect ect.

I would suggest doing the starting area as fast as possable and then move out to the other zones, were les people will be.

just my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Columc wrote: »
    From blizzcon 3,500 quests have been altered and added into the game.

All of the old world zones now have specific quest achivements(ie tanaris has 73 quests, north barrens has 89 quests ect)

thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

An old guild mate of mine posted his levelling times + required XP from the beta:

80-81 2 hours 1.67m xp needed
    81-82 2h1m 1.7m xp needed
    82-83 6h28m 6.75m xp needed
    83-84 7h 6.82m xp needed
    84-85 4h48m 6.9m xp needed

I don't know how relevant these times are now if any beta iterations have changed quest / mob XP.

He reckons the time from 82-84 should have been about the same as his 84-85 times but a lot of quests were bugged and not appearing on the in built quest helper which slowed him down a lot. Despite the massive looking jump in XP required to get a level from 82 onwards the mob and quest XP scale as well so the 4 times jump in XP required really translates to twice the time required.
    His estimate for 80-85 is ~18 hours (provided 82-84 speed is the same as 84-85) which means by the time I get home from work and buy the game a good few will be at 85.

I think he leveled through quests for the most part and he said when he hit 85 he had two WOTLK items left over and he was in mostly BiS 25 man gear. From chatting to him he thinks for server first racing that he would personally go down the questing route over the dungeon spam. Anyone seriously going for it won't face serious mob / quest compo if logging in at midnight. Get a good sleep the day before it and get up at 11 o'clock and work a night shift at it and you should get a server first!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Or, and this may sound crazy here, take your time and enjoy the new content!!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Kiith wrote: »
    Or, and this may sound crazy here, take your time and enjoy the new content!!

Ive never even tried a server first, so think i might. however on my following toon, ill definately take my time and experience it. I generally like doing all the quests in an area anyways.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 UberGeneration

i updated my game to cataclysm yesterday and it downloaded a good bit so i be ready...

u guys said we get an hour extra??

i dont think this is true since the french and all of them start at 12:01.. this is the exact same time as ours : 23:01..

everybody starts at the exact same time :)

Advertisement