Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The casual racism in the conspiracy theories forum

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

yekahs wrote: »
    Perhaps I should have qualified that better. You should also explain why.

So that theory is racist because......

This is is exactly it. Maybe you can back me up on this but I haven't reported a single post from Meglome who incessantly implies that I am racist or whatever. This is because I respect anyone who speaks out against any form of hate which is as abhorrent to me as anyone else. Now, in that very same thread I've asked him to quote anything from me that was anti-semitic/racist and he couldn't quote me on a single point. Yet he still continued on with the insinuations and without ever backing anything up. Some of you lot cry foul because you lack understanding and knowledge of the issues. I don't even think some of you know what anti-semitism means. Such as Meglome saying the US is influenced by right-wing interests and not Zionist interests when they are tied at the hip. He even put zionist in inverted commas as if it is some existensial boogie man.

Point being if someone thinks I am racist for whatever reason then put the charge to me by referencing something I have said and why the believe it is so. Hasn't happened once.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

This is because I respect anyone who speaks out against any form of hate which is as abhorrent to me as anyone else.
    That's funny cause you don't seem to be taking issue with the much more blatant racist rethoric than yours.
    Do you agree that there is racist bull**** being spouted on the forum?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

why dont we just go bavk to callin em Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzards:D

why dont we just go bavk to callin em Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzards:D
    Yup cause that would lend so much credence to racist delusions. :rolleyes:

King Mob wrote: »
    That's funny cause you don't seem to be taking issue with the much more blatant racist rethoric than yours.
    Do you agree that there is racist bull**** being spouted on the forum?

You have a sneaky way with words. Very manipulative.

I think it is far, far more disrespectful to Jewish people to label someone a Nazi who has made a fair comment than to make a fair comment on media transparency.

Perhaps someone can clarify the definition of anti-semitism for me?

My understanding is that is hating Jewish people for being Jewish. Am I wrong? Because I know for a fact I have never done that or ever will.

• Advertisement

For people to see how quickly the op Diogenes is to wrongly accuse someone of racism follow these 3 links.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65982366&postcount=181

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65985282&postcount=184

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65998768&postcount=192

Never afaik had the decency to apologise either.

You have a sneaky way with words. Very manipulative.
    Why? It's an honest question.
    But your dodge tells all really.
    I think it is far, far more disrespectful to Jewish people to label someone a Nazi who has made a fair comment than to make a fair comment on media transparency.
    And which part of fair commentary includes just listing Jews and assuming they are up to no good, like many of the links posted on the forum are doing.

And you do realise that you avoided actually making a comment of what this "transparency" would actually entail.
    Perhaps someone can clarify the definitation of anti-semitism for me?

My understanding is that is hating Jewish people for being Jewish. Am I wrong? Because I know for a fact I have never done that or ever will.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism

Accusing Jews of colluding together simply because they are Jewish is racist.

Why? It's an honest question.
    But your dodge tells all really.

I'll never dodge a question as I have nothing to hide. However, I have no interest in entertaining your loaded question.

And which part of fair commentary includes just listing Jews and assuming they are up to no good, like many of the links posted on the forum are doing.

1. I've seen no evidence of these mystical "many links".
    2. Calling for transparency in the media for the sake of democracy IS fair comment.
    And you do realise that you avoided actually making a comment of what this "transparency" would actually entail.
    :eek:

That is because I took it for granted that people know what "transparency" actually means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism
    Accusing Jews of colluding together simply because they are Jewish is racist.

Agreed. Now considering I HAVE NEVER ACTUALLY DONE THIS perhaps we could move on?

This threads a joke. People crying over getting banned for calling someone a Nazi.

I have a very simple solution. I have no problem with people accusing me of making racist statements provided they are prepared to take on board my response. Likewise I have no problem being banned for making racist statements, I encourage this.

Unfortunately for you and the other Nazi hunters this is never actually going to happen. I've a brown wife, hopefully mixed race children one day and am an immigrant myself. a religious minority to boot. I'm one of the least likely people to be racist that I know of.

I'll never dodge a question as I have nothing to hide. However, I have no interest in entertaining your loaded question.
    So you never dodge a question, but you're dodging the question?
    Right...

It's a simple yes or no question. Has there been racist comments made on the forum?
    1. I've seen no evidence of these mystical "many links".
    Jewwatch?
    The long list of Jews posted by TMoreno?
    2. Calling for transparency in the media for the sake of democracy IS fair comment.
    :eek:

That is because I took it for granted that people know what "transparency" actually means.
    Well from what we can tell your idea of transparency involves just listing Jews because they might be involved in a vast conspiracy.

But then you've refused to elaborate.
    Agreed. Now considering I HAVE NEVER ACTUALLY DONE THIS perhaps we could move on?
    Sure, you just lump any Jews you need to accuse into the Zionist pile and then it's not racist anymore.

And unfortunately you're not the only one posting on this matter and there's been a good few more who've been less subtle with their bigoted opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

No doubt some of your best friends are Jews too?

That's why lists of Jews who pose a 'potential' 'zionist' threat in the media need to be 'highlighted' for the sake of 'democracy'. But because you've a brown wife, and quote Chomsky, it's all above board. Pull the other one - your posting history reeks of bias, and it doesn't take a genius to join the dots. Your posts highlight a blatant and evident bigotry.

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »
    No doubt some of your best friends are Jews too?

That's why lists of Jews who pose a 'potential' 'zionist' threat in the media need to be 'highlighted' for the sake of 'democracy'. But because you've a brown wife, and quote Chomsky, it's all above board. Pull the other one - your posting history reeks of bias, and it doesn't take a genius to join the dots. Your posts highlight a blatant and evident bigotry.

Lists? What lists...?

See this is what irritates me. Broad generalisations without any quotation. It's just shallow mud slinging.

These are the people that I brought up in that thread:

Auschwitz survivor Dr Hajo Meyer:
    Jewish: Yes
    Zionist: No

Fmr Israeli Minister Shulamit Aloni

Naom Chomsky

Ilan Pappe:

Norman Finkelstein:

FOX's Rupert Murdoch:

Jewish: No
    Zionist: Yes

CNN's Director Matthias Dopfner
    :
    Zionist: Yes

CNN CEO Jeff Bewkes
    :
    Zionist: Edit: don't know

Pretend this is an aptitude test.

True or false:

If all Zionists aren't Jewish and Jews aren't Zionists all Jews aren't necessarily Zionists.

Lists? What lists...?

Well lets recap shall we - you claim that Jews are 'heavily influential' in US media, and go on to propose that this group of overly influential Jews pose a 'potential' zionist threat within the media coverage of things Israeli. You go on to offer your thanks to profitus for his cut'n'paste of a boilerplate list of nefarious Jews (zionist quotient undefined) that's standard across the racist interweb (stormfront, jewwatch, etc). No problem with equating another list of jewish media bods with that old bogieman - the evil zionist - even, natch, a 'potential' evil zionist.

At this point I should concede that I couldn't give a toss if someone is a 'zionist'. Seems like the original zionists weren't such a bad bunch, and if advocates for Israel amount to contemporary 'zionists', then I've no real problem with that either. I'm a supporter of the ongoing existence of the state of Israel - just like the PA are.

So you never dodge a question, but you're dodging the question?
    Right...

It's a simple yes or no question. Has there been racist comments made on the forum?

Jewwatch?
    The long list of Jews posted by TMoreno?

Well from what we can tell your idea of transparency involves just listing Jews because they might be involved in a vast conspiracy.

But then you've refused to elaborate.

Sure, you just lump any Jews you need to accuse into the Zionist pile and then it's not racist anymore.

And unfortunately you're not the only one posting on this matter and there's been a good few more who've been less subtle with their bigoted opinions.

OK. That it for me, my patience has worn thin with you. I have no interest in discussing anything further with you due to your persistent unsupported insinuations against me.

If you want to make claims against my character I have no problem addressing them PROVIDED you support your accusations. Otherwise if you wish to discuss this matter I ask that you do so with some self-restraint and end the insults.

I have no interest in discussing anything further with you due to your persistent unsupported insinuations against me.

For a man who never dodges a question, you've got a strange way of demonstrating it.

OK. That it for me, my patience has worn thin with you. I have no interest in discussing anything further with you due to your persistent unsupported insinuations against me.

If you want to make claims against my character I have no problem addressing them PROVIDED you support your accusations. Otherwise if you wish to discuss this matter I ask that you do so with some self-restraint and end the insults.
    See above.
    But to be honest we both know you've no intention of addressing any points regardless.

The simple fact you can't answer a simple yes or no question speaks volumes.

Well lets recap shall we - you claim that Jews are 'heavily influential' in US media, and go on to propose that this group of overly influential Jews pose a 'potential' zionist threat within the media coverage of things Israeli. You go on to offer your thanks to profitus for his cut'n'paste of a boilerplate list of nefarious Jews (zionist quotient undefined) that's standard across the racist interweb (stormfront, jewwatch, etc). No problem with equating another list of jewish media bods with that old bogieman - the evil zionist - even, natch, a 'potential' evil zionist.

:D That's it? :pac::pac:

When will this extremism end?

Lets recap shall we?

Jews are "heavily influential in the media: FACT
    Media decision makers have the potential to obfuscate: Fact

My thanks were given because I appreciated someone going to the effort of looking into a subject and sharing what they found.

Of course, you didn't know that because you never asked. Yet you feel free to make false assumptions. Contin

At this point I should concede that I couldn't give a toss if someone is a 'zionist'. Seems like the original zionists weren't such a bad bunch, and if advocates for Israel amount to contemporary 'zionists', then I've no real problem with that either. I'm a supporter of the ongoing existence of the state of Israel - just like the PA are.

:confused:

Relevance`?

:
    Jews are "heavily influential in the media: FACT
    Media decision makers have the potential to obfuscate: Fact
    Assuming that these Jews form a singular group working together: RACIST.
    Assuming that they plan to obfuscate anymore than another group: RACIST.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

I'll never dodge a question as I have nothing to hide.

Crap. You tend to lunge towards the report post button faster than anyone. Hell you even started a help desk thread about me, because you felt I was too mean.

You think I'm too mean, when you are demanding that jewish run media stations are publicly identified, and then get offended when it's pointed out that this is something akin to the Nuremberg laws, that you don't like what you're being accused of?

Y'know for someone who likes to throw around pretty damning accusations you've got some seriously thin skin.

Assuming that these Jews form a singular group working together: RACIST.
    Assuming that they plan to obfuscate anymore than another group: RACIST.

Now your being dishonest.

I've explained to you that my position is based on the clear pro Israel bias in the US media. Not on ethnicity or religion. Why let facts get the way though eh?

I've explained to you that my position is based on the perceived pro Israel bias in the US media. Not on ethnicity or religion. Why let facts get the way though eh?

FYP.
    Also assuming that the Jews in the media must be this perceived (and mostly imaginary) bias is also racist, unless you've actual evidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

you guys best leave brown bomber alone. he's a cool cat.

Di0genes wrote: »
    Crap. You tend to lunge towards the report post button faster than anyone.

:D

Hack into a mod's acount did you?

A mod can back this up - I hardly ever report posts.
    Hell you even started a help desk thread about me, because you felt I was too mean.

:D

Pot. Kettle. Black.

You were behaving like a manic though. Insulting everyone who disagreed with you. Seemed like there was no mods on so I wanted to bring it to someones attention to get it stopped because I really hate bullying.
    You think I'm too mean, when you are demanding that jewish run media stations are publicly identified, and then get offended when it's pointed out that this is something akin to the Nuremberg laws, that you don't like what you're being accused of?
    Newflash - media ownership is in the public domain. My point was that it should be permissable to discuss who owns the media in polite circles.

btw I didn't get insulted by your post, never even seen it.

Y'know for someone who likes to throw around pretty damning accusations you've got some seriously thin skin.

"Damning accusations"? It's a CT forum ffs. The content is supposed to be damning but equally not supposed to be taken seriously. Remember that.

I really don't have thin skin either. I expect to be treated here in the way that I treat others. I'm not insulting any of you lot am I? It's not too much to ask.

FYP.
    Also assuming that the Jews in the media must be this perceived (and mostly imaginary) bias is also racist, unless you've actual evidence.

FYP is what?

And you'll have to rephrase that I don't understand what you mean.

you guys best leave brown bomber alone. he's a cool cat.

And a racist, haven't you heard?

FYP is what?
    Fixed you post.
    As with most of the crap on the forum, what you believe isn't the same as what actually happens.
    And you'll have to rephrase that I don't understand what you mean.

Also assuming that the Jews in the media must be behind this perceived (and mostly imaginary) bias is also racist, unless you've actual evidence.

And so I'll take it you're breaking your "never dodge a question" rule then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

And a racist, haven't you heard?

i promise you brown bomber. i arrived late but i promise i still got your back.

i promise you brown bomber. i arrived late but i promise i still got your back.

rightthere.jpeg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

View Post

I've explained to you that my position is based on the perceived pro Israel bias in the US media. Not on ethnicity or religion. Why let facts get the way though eh?

I'm not interested in discussing this with you I'm more interested in the fact that the mods think your behaviour is defensible.

Fixed you post.
    As with most of the crap on the forum, what you believe isn't the same as what actually happens.

Oh. Next time I'll run it by you first to check "what actually happens" :rolleyes:. In any case if it's what I genuinely believe it can't in fact be racist can it?
    Also assuming that the Jews in the media must be behind this perceived (and mostly imaginary) bias is also racist, unless you've actual evidence.

And I claimed that they "must be" where?

Look I've already explained this to you in the thread.
    It's not that they are Jews but any single interest group with disproportionate unfluence.

Some simple facts

1. Jews dominate the corridors of power in the US media
    2. Mass media has enormous powers of persuasion and influence on public opinion
    3. Israel is the Jewish state.
    4. Israel commits many war crimes and human rights abuses, has an illegal nuclear arsenal and is militarily expansionist and aggressive.
    5. The majority of well meaning, moral Americans would strongly object to this if they were aware of the reality.
    6. Israel is dependant on the US for it's very existence. http://wrmea.org/component/content/a...4-billion.html
    A Conservative Estimate of Total Direct U.S. Aid to Israel: Almost $114 Billion
    7. US media is very clearly carries a pro-Israel bias.

And later explained to you that point 7 lead me to point 1 and not the other way around. I've already explained this to you yet you continue to be disingenious. My guess is that because you haven't tricked me into saying something yet you can twist to portray in a bad light you keep these silly games going.

rightthere.jpeg
    And so I'll take it you're breaking your "never dodge a question" rule then?

Ask me anything civilly without the usual innuendo and I will try to answer it.

• Advertisement

I'm not interested in discussing this with you I'm more interested in the fact that the mods think your behaviour is defensible.

Ok. But remember. Brown Bomber...

rightthere.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement