Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The casual racism in the conspiracy theories forum

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Di0genes wrote: »
    I'm not interested in discussing this with you I'm more interested in the fact that the mods think your behaviour is defensible.

Why should your own behavior be any more defensible? You've shown yourself to be discriminatory in the forum, intolerant of opinions or ideals which contradict your own. Abusive towards people holding them and flippant of those who fail to display a level intelligence to match your own.

Isn't all of that some form of 'ism' too? Mentalism springs to mind.. of course it doesn't matter much since the widely held notion is that those engaging in such discussion are of a lower intellect, or suffering from some sort of mental issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And I claimed that they "must be" where?

Look I've already explained this to you in the thread.

And later explained to you that point 7 lead me to point 1 and not the other way around. I've already explained this to you yet you continue to be disingenious. My guess is that because you haven't tricked me into saying something yet you can twist to portray in a bad light you keep these silly games going.
    But you constantly fail to provide a scrap of evidence to link 7 to 1 other than racist assumptions.
    How exactly do you know that the people you keep listed are actually ordering this bias?
    Ask me anything civilly without the usual innuendo and I will try to answer it.
    Well I doubt this will happen as you seem to find innuendo in any question you don't want to answer.
    Maybe you can show me exactly where the innuendo actually is?
    Or would you prefer to continue to ignore it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

You what what BB, screw it.
    The best I can hope for is to win an argument with a racist about how accusing a race of people of a conspiracy is racist.

Most people can see your bull**** for what it is.

What I would like now is for the mods to actually answer the questions I asked earlier.

Why is racist opinion given special protection?
    What other forums would allow the same?
    Why was Diogenes banned for the exact same thing a mod had no problem doing himself?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

King Mob wrote: »
    You what what BB, screw it.
    The best I can hope for is to win an argument with a racist about how accusing a race of people of a conspiracy is racist.

Most people can see your bull**** for what it is.

What I would like now is for the mods to actually answer the questions I asked earlier.

Why is racist opinion given special protection?
    What other forums would allow the same?
    Why was Diogenes banned for the exact same thing a mod had no problem doing himself?

Shame.

And here I was waiting for a evidence of a single racist statement that I've made, just one.

Guess the don't exist huh? 1500 posts and not so much a single warning for racism supports this. Goodnight :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Why should your own behavior be any more defensible? You've shown yourself to be discriminatory in the forum, intolerant of opinions or ideals which contradict your own.

I'm intolerant of people who express intolerance. In the words of Tom Lehrer "some people don't love their fellow man, and I hate people like that"
    Abusive towards people holding them and flippant of those who fail to display a level intelligence to match your own.

So I'm supposed to like and respect people because they aren't incapable of simple research?
    Isn't all of that some form of 'ism' too? Mentalism springs to mind.. of course it doesn't matter much since the widely held notion is that those engaging in such discussion are of a lower intellect, or suffering from some sort of mental issues.

No this is about the quality of the moderation of this forum, quit making this about the posters of this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

At this point I'd kindly ask that this joke of a thread is locked. Feedback isn't the place to discuss whether I am a racist or not surely?

I'd like to point out that the OP was based on a false premise at best and lies at worst.
    Di0genes wrote: »
    I should explain from the outset I'm currently sitting out a month long ban for "implying" another poster is a Nazi on a conspiracy theory forum.

I have followed all the channels and now I feel I am right and justified in raising this to the rest of the community that the conspiracy theory forum is now a breeding ground for the kind of vile racism that would have no place in any other forum on this site, but is apparently protected by the Mods in the Conspiracy theory forum.

In a thread entitled "CNN journalist fired for telling the truth about of the Jews

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056050876

a poster by the name of Brown Bomber Says and I quote
    What should be done:
    Transparency.
    Quote:
    Of course its working on the premise that Jewish people are heavily influential in the media industry in the US

So this poster is suggesting that we need more transparency over which "jews" have jobs in the media.

...but when someone is literally suggesting that Jews clearly identify themselves, something that the Nazis actually introduced in the form of the Nuremberg laws,

The bold part are the lies.

This is the post he responded to
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68329732&postcount=20

I spoke of transparency in no uncertain terms in relation to debate, that is all. Nothing to do with his fantasy of branding Jews. Absolutely nothing. Which is why he selectively quoted my post and didn't link to it in the OP despite linking to everything else. If you had of done people would have been able to see my very first point
    1. There is no issue with Jews influencing the US media

Making a mockery of his argument. Otherwise, on that thread and here I have asked to be presented with any statements I have made which were deemed to be racist and recieved nothing to date here or there.

I think enough is enough at this stage as it's not so pleasant to have whether you are a racist or not discussed like this.

Finally, FWIW I think the mods all do a fantastic job in the CT forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Given that mods admit to allowing racist and bigoted opinions within the conspiracy forum, I'm sure BB thinks they're doing a fantastic job. It's a license for him to wheel out his next obsessive 'zionist scare ' posting which doesn't care what shade of jew gets the tarnish treatment -given that they're all 'potentially' part of the cabal. Not to worry - it'll be along soon enough - if posting history is anything to go by (and it's all there is to go by in a forum context).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

how about you do like BB asked and come back with some Racisim from his posts, none of this ' oh but you mentione Jews twice in a conspiracy about Jews'

IMO Racisim is not tolerated in ANY Forum on boards, however given the nature of the CT being discussed the ethnicities of some of the players does beome a factor, how about instead of People crying racist whenever anyone says something they disagree we try to Argue the points like Adults??????

Lets not go round in circles over and over and over again,

Remember

Your Opinion is no more or Less Valid than mine, No matter what you might like to believe

how about you do like BB asked and come back with some Racisim from his posts, none of this ' oh but you mentione Jews twice in a conspiracy about Jews'

Happily.

Post 5 on this thread
    Bigots dominate the media. If you are non-bigot you are forbidden from mentioning the bigot run media, if you are a bigot you can glorify the bigot run media and the bigot defamation league don't bat an eye-lid. If you dare to mention the unmentionable then what you've mentioned is proven by the actions of the bigots.

If you replace the word bigot with Jew (which was exactly what BB did), he's implying there's a singularly pro Israeli agenda on all mainstream media stations run by Jews.
    Yeah and if you don't agree they destroy you.
    I get what you are saying but it can only be considered bad mouthing if you accept that Jewish dominace has negative implications.
    IMO Racisim is not tolerated in ANY Forum on boards,

Did you even read humanji's post on this thread?
    * post any abusive, harmful, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, indecent, profane, inappropriate, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable Material, except where the content is appropriate to the content of the forum and you have been granted specific permission to do so and subject to our guidelines on said content

Mahatma just stop you're a '22 calibre mind in a '357 world.

Your Opinion is no more or Less Valid than mine, No matter what you might like to believe

Unfortunately my opinion is based on facts and yours is based on a hogpog of racist lies.

I'm not interested in replying to brown bomber or MC, I think as has been pointed out by other posters here. Humanji and Yekah's have posted flat out contrary opinions as to what is considered unacceptable language, and indeed demonstrated that they will ban someone for using a argument Yekah's used to illustrate a point.

There's wild disparities in moderation decisions on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ok Ladies and Gents, this has gone on too long and gotten too personal.

So, I am asking that if you can come up with specific examples, please report them and take it to the Help Desk where we can investigate without it getting clouded with everybody's opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement