Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Having difficultly loading some websites

• 29-10-2010 5:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Sorry I do not know if I am posting this in the appropriate forum, but if it is incorrect please move it the correct one. Thank you.

I am unable to load some websites but yet able to go to others. For example if I type in www.hotmail.com it just loads half way, but I still get a white screen, it is only one of a number of websites that won't come up. On the bottom left hand corner, it will say 'waiting for.......' whatever website it is. Nothing happens.

I have flushed the dns, I have rebooted, but nothing is working. I have also tried Internet Explorer and the same thing happens.

Anyone know what is wrong and how it can be fixed?

Just to let you know, I am using Windows XP Home Edition.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,400 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Might be your network setting, the dns servers you're using

if you are getting your dns settings automatically I'd try changing them to open dns or google dns to see if anying changes

if your using a broadband modem, turning it off for a few seconds and restarting it might do something if it's a modem issue

merlie wrote: »

I am unable to load some websites but yet able to go to others. For example if I type in www.hotmail.com it just loads half way, but I still get a white screen, it is only one of a number of websites that won't come up. On the bottom left hand corner, it will say 'waiting for.......' whatever website it is. Nothing happens.

The exact same thing is happening to me. Ive tried lots of different things from various technical websites and different browsers. I think hotmail servers are down. Havent got in for 2 days now. Any other hotmail users out there having the same problem??

ive tried hotmail on my brothers computer next door. Got the page no problem and logged in no problem. he has a different isp. Ive checked use ssl and tsl in avvanced internet options. Is this a security issue with my isp? Ive tried two different laptops with my isp and still cant get the hotmail page

I have 3 national broadband by the way What do you have merlie

Might be your network setting, the dns servers you're using

if you are getting your dns settings automatically I'd try changing them to open dns or google dns to see if anying changes

i changed to google dns and now i can get hotmail again. Thank you Ghost. I wonder why using automatic dns does not work??? never had a problem before

ok i got the page but now when i try to sign in i get this message

icon_err.gifThe Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:
    • This site may be experiencing a problem
    • The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network
    You can:
    • You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live Network, or try again later at this site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pmcf

im having the same problem i havent been able to log into hotmail for the past two day all i get is a white screen.it could be a problem at hotmails end as ive tried two computers and still couldnt get to the log in screen.im with 3 national broadband as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,400 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

automatic dns... give you what ever your isp uses, sometimes its not great

all sounds pretty strange... could it be an isp problem, what isp are you using

google chrome might be worth trying if you havent already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,268 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I can see Hotmail fine but Im in the US on a Time Warner IP and automatic DNS.

Is this problem just with Hotmail or are you getting the issue other places you have to enter a login? Check https://google.com for a test also. My brother had the problem before and it turned out to be an inactive firewall still installed on his computer that was shutting him out of secure sessions.

Overheal wrote: »
    I can see Hotmail fine but Im in the US on a Time Warner IP and automatic DNS.

Is this problem just with Hotmail or are you getting the issue other places you have to enter a login? Check https://google.com for a test also. My brother had the problem before and it turned out to be an inactive firewall still installed on his computer that was shutting him out of secure sessions.

The problem is just with hotmail. ive tried other sites with https and logged in fine

Anyone else with 3 national broadband like to try www.hotmail.com and see what happens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

On the Midband forum:

SSL problems on Three Network? (Hotmail problems on Three)
    Three Mobile Broadband -THE PROBLEMS M-M-MEGATHREAD! (Last page, Hotmail problems on Three)

• Advertisement
Advertisement