Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest phone carrier

Options
  • 29-10-2010 6:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Hi all just wondering the cheapest and most reliable mobile phone carrier with good coverage for pay as you go in australia?.any hints or other website links would be handy.thanks lazy john...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

johnnyc wrote: »
    Hi all just wondering the cheapest and most reliable mobile phone carrier with good coverage for pay as you go in australia?.any hints or other website links would be handy.thanks lazy john...

Cheapest and most reliable are two different criteria in Oz I find.

The main ones are
    Telstra, Optus, Vodafone

Telstra has the most coverage followed by optus and vodafone.
    I'm with vodafone, and probably wouldn't recommend them.
    I'd say Optus, as a good coverage and price,.

They are all pretty much the same for price, in australia they have 'caps' and they are great value.
    so for $49 you can get (using vodafone price range)
    $350 worth of credit, $350 vodafone to vodafone credit, 500Mb data
    calls cost 89c p/m + 39c connection fee
    text 29c (aus) 35c (int)

if you buy credit from woolworths (big chain) you get 10% off so $44.10

actually optus is pretty much the same but they give you $400 credit, plus $50mycredit + 350MyBonus credit (what ever that means)
    and they also can give you a free sim

Although I never use them, I've heard telstra are pretty poor

Advertisement