Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things Kids Say

• 29-10-2010 6:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

There was a woman just in my office with her little boy. She was discussing something important with a colleague of mine that works behind the partition in front of me about a house she is building that needed to get resolved immediately she seemed pretty stressed .

The little boy kept saying “Mom can I just tell you something” and repeating it about a hundred times until finally after about 5 min he says “Mom can I just tell you something and it’s really important”. So the mother gave in and said “What is it?” and the kid says “I stuck my finger up my nose and a big green thing came out!” I couldn’t help but burst out laughing.

Kids are great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Kids say the Darnedest things.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Momma! Momma! Momma! Momma! Momma! Ma! Ma! Ma! Ma! Ma! Ma! Mom! Mom! Mom! MAM!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

My little 2 1/2 year old loves playing doctor, and when examining my pregnant OH she exclamed Yuck when looking at her moms belly.
    My OH explained that there was a baby in there to which the conversation went like so
    Little one "Wait right there, I'll be back in 2 minutes"
    OH" Where are you going?"
    Little one " To get shovel , dig baby out"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

What the fugg were you doing at 6 o' clock in the morning in your office!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Everybody loves it when people bring their children in to the office.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Trashbat wrote: »
    Everybody loves it when people bring their children in to the office.........

Yeah, the best excuse in the world to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

'number 10 each way in the 4.20 at tralee'

he's 4 in jan, and i kid you not...and neither am i particularly proud of this gem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

'number 10 each way in the 4.20 at tralee'

he's 4 in jan, and i kid you not...and neither am i particularly proud of this gem

Why, was it a bad tip?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

I heard this recently on the radio, think the DJ had overheard it.

A little lad of about 5 was in the shop with his mum and she said that she was going to give her change to the homeless man outside. After she had put the money in his cup, the little boy looked at the homeless fella and said to her: 'Can he not just sell his old gold for cash???'

Priceless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

THFC wrote: »
    What the fugg were you doing at 6 o' clock in the morning in your office!?

Its not the same time everywhere in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Doc wrote: »
    Its not the same time everywhere in the world.

So you're some sort of future man?

Quick, gimme today's racing results!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Ellian

My sister in law was trying to explain sex and where babies came from to the eldest of her two kids - a ten year old. He took a few minutes to process the information and then said "ohh gross, you did that TWICE?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Years ago my Mum was trying to avoid the Rent Man when he called to our house to collect the weekly rent, because she couldn't afford to pay it that week.

She sent my brother (then aged 7) to answer the door "Tell him I'm gone out" she said. Conversation went like this:

Rent Man- "Hello little boy, is your Mother there?"

Bro - "No, she's gone to the shops"

Rent Man - "OK, tell her I will see her next week"

Bro (whispers) "She said to tell you she's not here, but really she's hiding in the kitchen, my Teacher told me it's wrong to tell lies"

Caught rotten!!:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Years ago my Mum was trying to avoid the Rent Man when he called to our house to collect the weekly rent, because she couldn't afford to pay it that week.

She sent my brother (then aged 7) to answer the door "Tell him I'm gone out" she said. Conversation went like this:

Rent Man- "Hello little boy, is your Mother there?"

Bro - "No, she's gone to the shops"

Rent Man - "OK, tell her I will see her next week"

Bro (whispers) "She said to tell you she's not here, but really she's hiding in the kitchen, my Teacher told me it's wrong to tell lies"

Caught rotten!!:o:o:o

Rent dodgers eh? *goes off on rant*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

flyton5 wrote: »
    Rent dodgers eh? *goes off on rant*

in soviet russia rent dodges you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

in soviet russia rent dodges you

Original.......AND funny. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Years ago my Mum was trying to avoid the Rent Man

I've known him since he was a Rent Boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

watching the week in politics with daughter (not a usual habit) Mary Hannafin summarising the situation at the end, kid without blinking turns around and says, she thinks she's optimist prime and not a negatron.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I went to the neighbours house to give them a letter that got posted in my letterbox by mistake, rang the bell, her little one opened the door (she's six) and said 'Hi. My mammy wee'd in the bath.'

Was at my sisters', someone knocked on door, my niece opened the door and shouted over her shoulder 'Mam! It's that lady you don't like!'

Overheard on bus: Mam, Gerry's much nicer than our other dads isn't he.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Johro wrote: »
    I went to the neighbours house to give them a letter that got posted in my letterbox by mistake, rang the bell, her little one opened the door (she's six) and said 'Hi. My mammy wee'd in the bath.'

Was at my sisters', someone knocked on door, my niece opened the door and shouted over her shoulder 'Mam! It's that lady you don't like!'

Overheard on bus: Mam, Gerry's much nicer than our other dads isn't he.

I lol'd big time at that.
    So much I wee'd a bit myself.
    Thanks for cheering up an old man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Doing a milk round a few years ago and we knock into this house. The woman there had a bit of a bill building up she hadnt paid in weeks and was always dodging us. Anyway I knock in one afternoon and to my surprise a little girl answers the door. So I politely ask the girl is her mother there? The girl goes missing for about a minute and comes back to the door and comes out with this gem "My mum said she's not here at the moment and she said she will pay you next week"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Don't know who was involved but I heard it was true. If there's anyone out there who hasn't heard it before: The mother calls to 4 year old boy"What are you doing, your dinners getting cold" 4 year old replies"i'm washing my phucking handies".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Art Linkletter had a TV show many years ago purely about this topic. Some really funny moments:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=art+linkletter&aq=1

Advertisement