Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

immersion/time lag switch

Options
  • 29-10-2010 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi, a friend of mine asked me could i connect his immersion switch as when its switched on it will switch itself off after a set time as the kids are constantly leaving it switched on,is there such a device available or whats your suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

There are timers out there which have a boost facility on them, which will turn it on for a set period once pushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055891404&highlight=immersion+time
    try the link in the last post
    available from most wholesalers here

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

you can get a run back timer which occupies a single plate, id have to check the rating, but it has one button and each time you press it it goes up in increments and counts down from that time.

edit.....checked the load and its 20 amp resistive(inc heating) and rated at 6 amps for flouresent lighting. starts at 15 mins and goes up to 2 hours.

Advertisement